Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Skin Care for Acne skin for my 17 year old daughther

I need help. I feel like we have tried everything for my daughters Acne, oily skin. Her chest and back included. Nothing seems to really help.

Re: Skin Care for Acne skin for my 17 year old daughther

I used to have the same problems for body acne use the ordinary Glycolic acid, I replace the top with a spray cap and after every workout or shower I spray it, it also helps with discoloration and odor, so it’s multipurpose, for oily and acne prone skin, Salicylic Acid along with a niacinimide also really helps with my skin, also trying a makeup press powder with a powder puff also helps a lot with oily skin, along with a acne spot treatment, also wash and moisturize ur face 2x a day.

@KelseyJ99 I currently use cerave mainly, I have dry skin but Cerave does have a “Foaming Face Wash For Normal to Oily skin” they also have a “Resurfacing Retinol Serum” that is supposed to reduce the appearance of past acne marks (I haven’t used this yet but i plan on buying it since i like their face wash and moisturizer). A moisturizer for oily skin that i see good things about is the Paula’s Choice Invisible Moisturizer Gel. 
As far as chest and back acne which i have as well, to be honest I randomly picked up this Neutrogena body scrub exfoliant because it was cheap and it does a good job at toning down the redness and irritation of my chest and back acne. I’ve never tried this but i hear a lot of people recommend Panoxyl Benzoyl Peroxide Acne foaming body wash especially for oily skin; there’s a 10% and a 4%, if it’s her first time using it then i’d say start with 4% which is supposed to be gentler.

Things to note about using the Panoxyl is if she’s going to use it with a towel, make sure its a white towel or one she doesn’t care about since if it’s not washed out all the way it could bleach them over time. Also when she lathers in into her skin (face or body) leave it on for about a 1-2 minutes and then wash it off (rinse thoroughly). Lastly use moisturizer after, Benzoyl Peroxide is known to be drying so definitely use a good moisturizer afterwards even if she has oily skin. Cerave, Cetaphil, and the Paula’s Choice one I mentioned are some good ones. Good luck! 

@KelseyJ99 @Have you taken her to see a dermatologist?

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing