From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

Acne-Prone Skin

Acne-Prone Skin

• 98473 Members
  • 5589 Conversations
  • 250+ Photos

Share acne-fighting tips for all things involving active breakouts, scarring, and discoloration.

Share acne-fighting tips for all things involving active breakouts, scarring, and discoloration.

Choosing a different post order may automatically update the order of the posts that are displayed to match the selected order.
Sort By:
Most Recent
New Reply in Acne-Prone Skin
Exfoliator
|
Re: Exfoliator
NEWCOMER IV INSIDER
Reply: The Ordinary Mini Glycolic Acid 7% Exfoliating Toner 3.38 oz / 100 ml i use this one! it has helped with makeup and exfoliating so ...read more
The Ordinary Mini Glycolic Acid 7% Exfoliating Toner 3.38 oz / 100 ml i use this one! it has helped with makeup and exfoliating so well 🙂
What skincare helps with acne?
|
Re: What skincare helps with acne?
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: Heyy. So this doesn’t fight ace but is 100% safe for acne. I love the Bubble level up, Byoma gel cream (also has 100% Yuka score), ...read more
Heyy. So this doesn’t fight ace but is 100% safe for acne. I love the Bubble level up, Byoma gel cream (also has 100% Yuka score), and the Loroche Posay matte moisturizers. Then my derm puts everyone on this Tea Tree oil cleanser (it’s a bar). Something for acne tho is the Hero mighty patches, these are so good! DO NOT BUY THE STARFACE ONES!! They do nothing whatsoever. I am using new-ish products so I can’t recommend them because I’m not sure if they are really good yet, but they are Glow Recipe pore tight toner and The Ordinary glycolic acid toner.
Red dot
|
Re: Red dot
NEWCOMER III INSIDER
Reply: Hey girl! If acne is a concern for you, you should 100% see a medical professional! None of us here can diagnose you unfortunately ...read more
Hey girl! If acne is a concern for you, you should 100% see a medical professional! None of us here can diagnose you unfortunately. Acne can be caused by many different things: excess sebum production, oil and dead skin cells clogging the hair follicule, inflammation, and bacteria are some common causes! All of these occur for various different reasons; stress, hormones, specific medications, diet, and even a lack of sleep could be the cause!In order to treat acne effectively, you need to determine the reason it's happening—if your acne isn't caused by bacteria, for example, topical products like benzoyl peroxide won't be the most effective choice. This is why it's extremely important to speak to a doctor. A professional that has access to your health history will be able to give you suitable treatment reccomendations. You should see your general practitioner for your concerns about your acne. They might direct you to a couple of over-the-counter products for first-line treatment options.If those products don't work for you, they can then either refer you to a dermatologist or give you a prescription for topical or even oral products. They'll look at what kind of acne you have to determine the most suitable product. Just keep in mind that not all treatments may be covered. I believe that tretinoin is covered if it's used for acne here in Canada, but it'll always vary. Good luck! Hopefully this helped ❤️
Recent images from this conversation
Waterproof makeup
|
Re: Waterproof makeup
GO-GETTER IV INSIDER
Reply: @CateTheGreat8 have you tried a waterproof foundation? There are a number of them you can try including Urban Decay, MAC, Clinique ...read more
@CateTheGreat8 have you tried a waterproof foundation? There are a number of them you can try including Urban Decay, MAC, Clinique to nane a few.
laneige products recommendations?
|
Re: laneige products recommendations?
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: im looking for mists like sol de janeiro idk which scent though i really want laneige lip things, lip glosses and skincare﫶﫶 al ...read more
im looking for mists like sol de janeiro idk which scent though😭 i really want laneige lip things, lip glosses and skincare🫶🏻🫶🏻 also can u specify which serums of the laneige was good like the name? kinda didnt get it😓
Sensitive skin
|
Re: Sensitive skin
ICON I INSIDER
Reply: @greeneyedgirl107 Nope.  Some folks mistake sebaceous filaments for blackheads and keep trying to permanently get rid of ‘em. Th ...read more
@greeneyedgirl107 Nope. 🙂 Some folks mistake sebaceous filaments for blackheads and keep trying to permanently get rid of ‘em. Thing is, sebaceous filaments will always fill back up with sebum because that’s part of their function. Salicylic acid is a good maintenance ingredient to keep them clear enough that you don’t get many of those little sebum threads (a friend calls them oil worms 😂) on your skin surface. EDIT: a dermatologist might have more suggestions though.
New Post in Acne-Prone Skin
anyone know a acne safe concealer?
Spoiler im using the nars concealer to cover up my acne my dance is not bad at all but it still needs a little coverage sometimes ...read more
Spoiler im using the nars concealer to cover up my acne my dance is not bad at all but it still needs a little coverage sometimes but if im going somewhere and im gonna sweat I don’t put on anything. i feel like the nars is not the answer. what do u guys prefer?
Informations Caudalie
Hi, are the products in the caudalie boxes standard formats?
Hi, are the products in the caudalie boxes standard formats?
Caudalie
Bonjour/Hi, est-ce que les produits dans les coffrets caudalie sont formats standards ?
Bonjour/Hi, est-ce que les produits dans les coffrets caudalie sont formats standards ?
Skincare relating to jujitsu/contact sports
|
Re: Skincare relating to jujitsu/contact sports
GO-GETTER IV INSIDER
Reply: @jujitsuskincare have you tried Paula's Choice Body Acne Spray? ...read more
@jujitsuskincare have you tried Paula's Choice Body Acne Spray?
18,762 Posts