From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

Trending at Sephora

Trending at Sephora

• 184985 Members
  • 2906 Conversations
  • 0 Photos

Stay up to date on the latest products, brands, and features available at Sephora, straight from HQ.

Stay up to date on the latest products, brands, and features available at Sephora, straight from HQ.

Choosing a different post order may automatically update the order of the posts that are displayed to match the selected order.
Sort By:
Most Recent
New Reply in Trending at Sephora
Monthly Favorites: May 2024 Edition!
|
Re: Monthly Favorites: May 2024 Edition!
GO-GETTER V INSIDER
Reply: @caitbird hope you like it. I find it really refreshing ...read more
@caitbird hope you like it. I find it really refreshing
Recent images from this conversation
New to Community? Here are 3 Steps to Get Started
|
Re: New to Community? Here are 3 Steps to Get Started
HALL OF FAMER I INSIDER
Reply: @WinglessOne Thanks for the tag!  @Portcitygirl After all that info from Winglessone, I don't have too terribly much to add (she ...read more
@WinglessOne Thanks for the tag! 💕 @Portcitygirl After all that info from Winglessone, I don't have too terribly much to add (she's amazing!), and I second everything she said. I am also not a doc, nor do I have any experience with chemo or the long term effects from it, so I'll echo the disclaimer that she laid about talking to your doc if you'd like more in depth and personalized care info, especially if you get to the point of "but nothing works for me". I do want to emphasize the importance of jojoba oil in a natural nail care routine. Nails are made up of dozens and dozens of layers of densely packed keratin, and most oils are simply too large to penetrate the nail plate. However, jojoba is very close in size to our natural sebum, making it ideal for keeping nails flexible instead of brittle and flaky, leading to stronger and healthier nails over time. If you aren't using cuticle oil, I highly recommend starting one asap as often as possible, and make sure it's got jojoba in it (or just use some plain jojoba!). Anything else mixed in is great for the surrounding skin, there's no need to be super picky (unless you've got allergies or other reasons to avoid certain ingredients, of course). I make my own with jojoba and vitamin e, and add in anything else I may have laying around when I make a new batch (currently squalane and almond oil). Warm oil soaks are great for a deep treatment as well; I put a generous drop on each nail, stick my hands in some disposable gloves, and wrap them in a heated blanket for an hour or two. Or you can sleep with them on for an intensive overnight soak. Nails take 4-6 months to grow from cuticle to tip, so note that it will take some time to grow out any existing damage. Cuticle oil isn't an immediate fix, but more of a long term problem-reducer. I'll also add a recommendation for The Salon Life on YouTube; she's got some great videos on nail care, from the basics all the way to advanced issues. If there is some sort of long term damage from chemo and you just can't get those nails to stop splitting, you may find that doing an overlay of dip or acrylic or gel is something you'll want to investigate down the road. Sometimes nails just won't do what we want them to, no matter how much we try and baby them. I work at a very hands on job, and when I get a tear, I add a couple of layers of dip powder to reinforce the nail and allow it to grow out. A teabag repair is an option as well, and all you need for that is a little piece of teabag and some super glue/nail glue. I believe The Salon Life has a video about OPI Repair Mode as well, and it might be worth looking into for you. It works to repair weakened and broken bonds between keratin cells, to help strengthen nails. It won't magically patch a split, but may help strengthen your nails and reduce splits from happening in the first place. I don't recommend strengtheners for everyone (nails that are too strong are more prone to breaking under pressure instead of flexing with the pressure), but for some folks, they can make sense. I'll sign off now, after rambling for eternity after saying I had nothing to add 😂 I can't speak directly for Winglessone, but I know I'll be happy to answer any other questions you have to the best of my ability, and I'm pretty dang certain (💯) she'd be happy to as well, so feel free to tag either or both of us if you need anything else at all!
Beauty Insider Community Feedback
|
Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: @TeamBIC lately I feel like some members are bots. For instance sydneylof23 asking the same questions over and over again. I had t ...read more
@TeamBIC lately I feel like some members are bots. For instance sydneylof23 asking the same questions over and over again. I had to mark them as spam.
Monthly Favorites: February 2024 Edition!
|
Re: Monthly Favorites: February 2024 Edition!
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: I have the same question-how do I get this box?
I have the same question-how do I get this box?
Ambassador Curated
Monthly Favorites: April 2024 Edition!
|
Re: Monthly Favorites: April 2024 Edition!
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: Yes yes you're right!! That's the smell 藍 I forgot about that @ather ...read more
Yes yes you're right!! That's the smell 🤣 I forgot about that @ather
BEAUTY NEWS 2.0
|
Re: BEAUTY NEWS 2.0
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: @CorgiMommy, it will definitely be interesting to see what comes of this. Manzanita Capital acquired a majority interest in D.S. & ...read more
@CorgiMommy, it will definitely be interesting to see what comes of this. Manzanita Capital acquired a majority interest in D.S. & Durga earlier this year, and sold Byredo a couple years ago.
FOUND IN THE WILD THREAD!!!
|
Re: FOUND IN THE WILD THREAD!!!
BOSS III INSIDER
Reply: New SDJ set coming soon
New SDJ set coming soon
Monthly Favorites: March 2024 Edition!
|
Re: Monthly Favorites: March 2024 Edition!
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: My March favorites are absolutely Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL Juliette Ha ...read more
My March favorites are absolutely Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL Juliette Has a Gun Juliette Eau de Parfum Tower 28 Beauty SOS Daily Skin Barrier Redness Recovery Moisturizer 1.86 oz / 55 ml and MILK MAKEUP Holographic Stick I hope everyone enjoyed their March as much as me! 💄
101,466 Posts