Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

New to Community? Here are 3 Steps to Get Started

Hello beautiful people! Although many of you are familiar with the Beauty Insider Community – aka the BIC - we wanted to give some tips on how to navigate if you are new around here!

If you are new, first of all, we want to welcome you to Sephora’s Beauty Insider Community, your one-stop destination to share beauty advice, inspiration, news, and recommendations with real people in real time. We want you to feel comfortable in the BIC, so in the video above, Team BIC members @KatieBT and @BrendaBT outline the first 3 basic steps to get started.

Step 1:

First step, let’s work on your Profile! Pick a user name, add a photo, and tell us more about you!

Step 2:

Join groups! Head to the Groups page to browse and join different groups that speak to you and find conversations based on your beauty interests.

Step 3:

Introduce yourself in our latest New Member Monday thread, which we feature  the first Monday of every month! Need a little help figuring out how to post a reply or start a new thread in Community? No problem - check out our thread How to Post in Community thread and video.

This Community is a place for friendly discussion, questions, photo sharing, product recommendations, sharing experiences, and connecting with other beauty lovers like yourself – whether you’re a pro or a newbie, or somewhere in between.

We’re so excited you’re here! If you ever have any questions, do not hesitate to ask -- this community LOVES to help.

Now, which part of the BIC are you most excited to explore?  Let us know by hitting the reply button below!

Re: New to Community? Here are 3 Steps to Get Started

@CLphillips12183 @Welcome to BIC! There’s a thread I started where we post virtual masterclasses. Most of them are free Virtual Masterclass Thread 

I am most excited to interact with other community members & groups! I love that this seems to be a place to interact with others who are having similar experiences or issues, get recommendations, tips, tricks, and so much more 🤗 

Anonymous Insider

@KatieBT  and @BrendaBT ,

I love your new Welcoming Video!  Well done!  The B-I-C does have the nicest, most supportive, and passionate people, including you!

Anonymous Insider

I’m new too 

@Anonymous @Welcome to BIC! 

1. Excited to meet people who are just as enthusiastic in makeup and skincare as me !! XtineB95C17FD-12AB-4E4C-8962-3CB18B7A32E1.jpeg

RE: New to Community? Here are 3 Steps to Get Started

I am more excited about meeting people who have same passion and addiction lol like me! In my group of friends I’m the only one who into makeup so this community really made me happy and help me too.

I am most exited to hear about skin care and make-up tips from admin and community members who are experts in skin care, make-up, and make-up tools.  I've already learned so much regarding high-end brushes and specific techniques applying make-up.

Anonymous Insider

I love very dramatic glam or lots of colors!

Anonymous Insider

I LOVE Makeup! My Fav Is Glam

RE: Re: New to Community? Here are 3 Steps to Get Started

Glam makeup is awesome 😁

@TeamBIC hello I just got this app after a long time of being a member but I don’t live near any Sephora stores but recently came across one and that’s where I fell in love with urban decay as a brand and with their awesome full coverage powder foundation which I cannot live without! I love make up, hair products, nail polish and hair style ideas, DIY and tutorials as well as skin and body products. So everything really! Lol. I plan to subscribe to the monthly makeup sampler (can’t remember the name this second)! I look forward to becoming an avid member of this community and sharing my personal tips and preferences and learning from the much more experienced too! Much love!

urban decay is one of my favorite makeup brands!

Re: RE: New to Community? Here are 3 Steps to Get Started

i also LOVE Urban Decay! they have such a variety of colors, tones and everything in between

Me too. I am waiting for their newest release Naked Wild West...the colors look beautiful!!

Sorry to respond so late lol! Have any of you seen the new ads for CYBER palette?? It looks like their best yet! I am signed up to get it early! I love the duo-chrome shades :))

What a beautiful video and intro, @TeamBIC! Couldn’t help but smile all the way through, you are absolutely right-some of the kindest people are right here:)

Advice on applying makeup

Start with washing your face, moisturizing and then priming! The base of the makeup is the most important 🙂

This was a great intro for new users. I know I personally lurked for some time before posting and there wasn't a new member thread when I joined. I would also suggest also making posts that are specific instead of just titled "Help!!!"

What really resonated with me about this video was mentioning how nice and kind the BIC folks are. I still can't believe how lovely everyone is here.

testing