Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

Let's Chat Adaptogens with Four Sigmatic

Four Sigmatic Thread Image.jpgThis thread is now closed. Thank you for participating! If you didn't get to ask a question, be sure to read other Community members' questions and Tero's replies below. 

Four Sigmatic founder Tero Isokauppila is chatting live on Monday, October 8 to answer all your questions around the wellness wonder of the moment—adaptogens. Visit this thread between 9-10am PT to find out why these mighty ingredients play a star role in the world of supplements and skincare.

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below (not the chat icon on the right)!

Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: Let's Chat Adaptogens with Four Sigmatic

Hey @imanirl! I can't provide direct health advise, but you can research on your own on the immuno-modulating properties of mushrooms and adaptogens. 

Generally speaking, chaga, reishi, shiitake and tulsi are good for the skin. 

You can check out for example

FOUR SIGMATIC - Mushroom Mocha Mix with Chaga & Cacao

RE: Let's Chat Adaptogens with Four Sigmatic

Are they safe for use while breastfeeding? ☺️
Anonymous Insider

Hi @KatieDDG! Generally speaking yes, but we recommend that you still first talk with your physician first (besides trusting your motherly instincts and cravings as well). Usually, cordyceps is not recommended, but reishi and shiitake are. Chaga and lion's mane are more neutral. 

This tends to be the crowd fav among moms 
FOUR SIGMATIC - Mushroom Hot Cacao Mix with Reishi

RE: Let's Chat Adaptogens with Four Sigmatic

What is the most effective detox of all the products?
Anonymous Insider

Hi @Aschenputtel91! Try this FOUR SIGMATIC - Mushroom Lemonade Mix with Charcoal & Chaga

Take it on an empty stomach in the morning or when fasting. And don't eat anything immediately after to let the detoxification happen. 

Anonymous Insider

Re: Let's Chat Adaptogens with Four Sigmatic

I know that Reishi is good in the evening, but can I also take it in the morning??

Anonymous Insider

Hi @Anonymous! Reishi is an adaptogen, which means it can help restore balance. Most people needs sleep and relaxation why this grounding mushroom makes most people sleepy. But if you're well relaxed (or if you combine it with many other mushrooms and adaptogens) you can also take it in the morning. But it's definitely more grounding than uplifting 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Hi Sephora Shroomers!

I’m sitting here at my computer in Venice Beach California ready to answer all your questions about mushrooms, adaptogens and superfoods.

Bring on the questions - Let’s get Shroomy!

TeroImage from iOS.jpg

RE: Re: Let's Chat Adaptogens with Four Sigmatic

Hello! Just wondering if taking Adaptogens is ok with people fighting auto immune diseases like hyperthyroidism? Any info out there in it? Thanks!
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: Re: Let's Chat Adaptogens with Four Sigmatic

Hi @Meliz21! Unfortunately, I can't provide a direct advise on this situation. You should chat with your physician and do your own research on this one. You can look for immuno-modulating and/or immuno-supressing studies on various foods, including functional mushrooms. Good luck with the process 🙂

Hi there!  I love Four Sigmatic and am so excited you're doing a live chat! 

Can adaptogens help support gut health?  If so, which would you recommend?

Thanks!

Anonymous Insider

Hi hello @LChan! They absolutely can. There's plenty of research on their gut-supporting benefits. I like chaga, tulsi, reishi and turkey tail the best. 

Try these two products, for example:

FOUR SIGMATIC - Golden Latte Mushroom Mix with Shiitake & Turmeric

FOUR SIGMATIC - Chai Latte Mushroom Mix with Turkey Tail & Reishi

Anonymous Insider

Why is this the greatest thing I've ever done for my morning? How do you say "perfect" in Finish?IMG_9521.jpg

Anonymous Insider

Yay @NickyPivonka! We say 'Taydellinen' 🙂

I'm btw also drinking the FOUR SIGMATIC - Mushroom Coffee Mix with Lion's Mane & Chagaright now 

I'd love to know how to got into Adoptogens in general! Are adoptogens/your ingestibles at all related to eastern medicine? Some of the herbs smell similar to me!

Also, do you have any particular recommendations for stomach bloat? 🙂 

Anonymous Insider

Hi @mcschwanke! Great question. David Winston's book Adaptogens: Herbs for Strength, Stamina, and Stress Relief book is a good one. Also the Four Sigmatic website is full of information. And each region of the world has their own 2-3 top adaptogens, including North America. That being said, eastern medicinal systems, like Ayurveda, have been very focused on prevention and herbalism for a long time.

For tummy and bloating, def try chaga, reishi, and turkey tail. For example this product FOUR SIGMATIC - Chai Latte Mushroom Mix with Turkey Tail & Reishi

I've heard that adaptations can help combat stress-- is this true?

Anonymous Insider

Hey @fashionyflowers! It is true! There are tons of research papers to show their potential for this. In order for something to be a true adaptogen, they must defend the body against a variety of stressors including physical, chemical, and biological factors and help maintain a state of homeostasis or overall balance. I would start with reishi, shiitake, tulsi, and ashwagandha.

What adaptogen is best for a sensitive stomach? 

Anonymous Insider

Hi @asdfghjkl! This is partly individual, even though they all are hypo-allergenic. Usually the most tummy friendly adaptogens include things like chaga, reishi, tulsi, shiitake, and turkey tail. For example, try FOUR SIGMATIC - Chai Latte Mushroom Mix with Turkey Tail & Reishi

Amazing! I'm already taking reishi supplements and love your FOUR SIGMATIC - Chai Latte Mushroom Mix with Turkey Tail & Reishi! 🙂 Thanks!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • Four Sigmatic Thread Image.jpg
  • Image from iOS.jpg
  • IMG_9521.jpg
  • image.jpg
testing