cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The July Favorites Thread 2019

Image.jpeg

What time is it? SUMMERTIME! ‘Tis the season to break out the tanning drops, bronzer, and all the SPF we can get. Every month we like to hear what hair, skincare, fragrance, and/or makeup products Community members have been loving most. We are starting this thread for you all to discuss what you’ve been reaching for most in July, so name any new treasures or holy grails that you’d like to recommend to the Community.

Here are my July favorites:

What products were your July faves? Remember to show and tell! Heart

Re: The July Favorites Thread 2019

@pocketvenus  Hooray, perfume twins! 🙂 After running through 2 Anubis samples, I realized I needed the full bottle in my life. I like many fragrances, but very few have an “intoxicating” effect on me. Anubis is one of those. 🖤 Salome is on my “buy a bottle” list! I’m almost done with my latest sample, and I’ll get another one if I can’t find a good deal on a full bottle soon.  

@WinglessOnePapillon is a great house 🙂 Dryad is really good too. Easier to wear than Salome too! It's so hard to choose just one ha ha

I've been using my loose mineral eyeshadows.  I had my second cataract removed this month.  I started using these eyeshadows last month after having my first cataract removed.  I forgot just how much I like these eyeshadows!

@Titian06  Which brands? 😊

Hi, @PinkEvergreen !  Most are Meow Cosmetics and a few older Bare Minerals.

Re: The July Favorites Thread

One of my favorite post every month! I recently traveled for almost two weeks and kept everything very minimal. Here is what I brought with me and therefore are my July 2019 favorites 🙂 

In my ship cabin, all my July and travel favorites lined up :-)In my ship cabin, all my July and travel favorites lined up 🙂

Hair: OUAI Detangling and Frizz Fighting Leave In Conditioner 4.7 oz/ 140 mLmy first time using this! Loved it and it was helpful for my hair when I was going in and out of the water several times a day.

Skincare: DR. JART+ - Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Serumalso my first time using this! I have other Tiger Grass products, so this serum was a nice addition to that collection. 

Skincare: SEPHORA COLLECTION - Brightening Eye Cream – Hydrate & Depuff

I have a lot of eye creams (hello aging delicate skin) and this one is among my top faves.

Skincare: SUPERGOOP! - Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40

hands down my favorite sunscreen now!! I wear it every day.

Lips: LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Originalthis remains at the top of my list at all times 🙂 

Not pictured: I've been traveling lately with a slimmed down eye palette. Here is what I'm loving. 

Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Shadow Rose Gold

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Eye Love Eyeshadow Palette

@CarolBT Thanks for sharing! I've been meaning to try the Cicapair Tiger Grass line after you told me about it - I love Dr Jart's BB cream, but haven't really explored their skincare line.

@Cyncynn How do you like the Dr Jart BB Cream? I have a deluxe sample of it from a holiday kit I purchased last year. Haven't tried it yet!

@CarolBT 

I own all of their BB Creams. My favorite, Dis-a-pore, was sadly discontinued, but the other 2 are also pretty good. The shade range is limited (specially for the Detox bb) and I don't see it working for people with warmer undertones . It is brightening and leaves a nice natural finish. At first the color comes out a little weird/chalky/pale, but it it warms up as you spread on the skin (if that makes any sense lol).

I do like that I can apply enough to insure SPF protection (1/4 tsp-ish) without it looking like a mask or too heavy.

DR. JART+ - Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 -

DR. JART+ - Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm

Great choices for July faves @CarolBT! 🙂 That Supergoop Unseen is amazing, isn't it?! I don't know what took me so long to finally get around to trying it! The Laneige lip sleeping mask is a staple in my skincare goodies! Making a note to look into the Dr. Jart Cicapair serum. 

@itsfi I just bought another tube of the Supergoop this weekend - I love that it's lightweight and feels almost like a primer (I feel "blurred" after putting it on if that makes sense) and doesn't leave me feeling oily at all. 

“Blurred” makes perfect sense to me, @CarolBT! I know exactly what you mean; it’s one of the things I really liked about Supergoop Unseen - I would often use it as a primer as well in mornings when I was rushed to get out the door, so most mornings. 😃

@itsfi LOL "so most mornings" 

Love, love, love the Laura Mercier eyeshadow sticks. So easy for swiping on when I'm trying to quickly run out the door. That's a favorite I need to bring back into my rotation!

@marydiva I just started recently using them (the eyeshadow sticks) and now I want to get even more of them! Expand my color options 😉 

I look forward to the Favorites thread every month! Here are mine for July -

Briogeo Banana+Coconut Shampoo and Conditioner: I was so lucky to be gifted these from Sephora and I am absolutely obsessed. Through the years, Sephora has allowed me to try some pretty amazing products that have made their way in to my permanent routine (Nudestix lip colors, Chloe and By Rosie Jane fragrances, Too Faced D*mn Girl, to name a few), and this duo is no exception. Yes - it smells like banana! But it's light enough it's not overwhelming. I happen to LOVE bananas (I eat one every day!), and banana taffy is like one of my favorite candies, so using these in the shower is such a nice experience for me. And the way it makes my hair look and feel! The shampoo is a light lather, so my scalp feels clean without feeling stripped, and I don't need dry shampoo the next day. The conditioner is some of the most moisturizing and smoothing conditioner I have ever used. I'm sorta lazy and don't like washing my hair (it's good for you, right?), so any shampoo/conditioner combo that allows me to do it less frequently is perfect. My second day hair is just as good as my freshly washed hair, which is huge for me.

Clinique Quickliner For Eyes in Dark Chocolate: After using up my previous favorite brown eyeliner and due to it's decreasing availability, I needed to find something new. I've used a whole variety of Clinique products throughout the years and still do, it's sort of my "ol dependable fall back" brand. Plus, it's affordable. This is a great, smooth, easy to use option. I know that sounds super boring, but for staple items like eyeliner, I need to rely on them to work perfectly every time I reach for it. I like that this is a twist up liner and does't need to be sharpened as well.

Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask in Original: This was redeemed as a promo code in a order. I've never tried Laneige products and there is quite a buzz about this one in particular, so I decided to give it a go. I've been really pleased with how my lips feels each morning when I wake up. They are soft, smooth, and hydrated. I'm so happy this product does not contain lanolin, as I react to that ingredient. The sample size is fairly large, it should last me a long time. But when I run out of that, I will definitely splurge and get the full size. 

Marc Jacobs Dew Drops in Dew You?: I've loved the subtle glow I get from this. My preferred highlighter formula is powder and I'm generally not crazy about liquids/gels, but I find this one really easy to use. A little goes a very long way! I tap it on my cheek bones, the bridge of my nose, and on my cupids bow and skip the bronzer when I want a luminous lit from within look. It's perfect for light make up days. When I'm going for a fresh, dewy look, this is what I reach for. 

Love that Briogeo shampoo and conditioner and Laneige lip sleeping mask @alexasteph! <333

REN AHA Body Serum is wonderful @SportyGirly125! 🙂

@GeorginaBT 

Great topic!  I'm intrigued by the YTTP cleanser but I love my Peeke bar.. 😄
So my July loves are:
Hourglass Vanish™ Seamless Finish Liquid Foundation Cream

Hourglass Unreal™ High Shine Volumizing Lip Gloss Provoke

I decided to try the foundation on a whim.  I've never been able to find a foundation to color match properly to my shade or undertone though I'm a P20 in Cover Fx.  I swatched and tried it on in the store and it actually looked quite lovely.  I've worn it on a few occasions during the hot, humid summer we have here and find it holds up well and lasts throughout the day.  I love my Cover Fx liquid foundation so I think it will be something I rotate in.  I also tried the Unreal lip gloss in Fortune.  It is a great pink shimmer nude on me and I like the formula.  It reminds me of MAC's lip glass and there are a few other shades that caught my eye that I want to try.  

@MCSSavvy, what great choices for July faves!!! I want all of the Hourglass lip glosses! 🙂

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos24
  • In my ship cabin, all my July and travel favorites lined up :-)
  • Image.jpeg
  • B347DACB-C7DC-4DB3-88D4-432A47FEEC85.jpeg
  • 09E07E12-424A-46E4-A82E-E5692A5CDA37.jpeg
  • 0C3E46D2-C6E3-4D6A-9C24-F1343305D37F.jpeg
  • 9A6EF49A-FA78-48E3-A0C5-B41AD08CA3B0.jpeg
  • 9046DE99-8EBE-4B3E-834B-EAA62E316C93.jpeg
  • 39E9D7D6-8BCE-42B4-AB59-0EED3ED87926.jpeg
  • IMG_E9083.JPG
  • F062FB45-399D-4FA1-BDCB-BBC277EFE91D.jpeg
  • 202A3565-9C41-4B2B-BB30-ED4E5194CE89.jpeg
  • IMG_20190728_104652196.jpg
  • IMG_20190728_104929932.jpg