cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The August Favorites Thread

favorite products from August by GeorginaBT.jpg

2019 is flying by. August is almost over, and you know what that means … it’s time to share our monthly favorites! We want to hear what products you reached for most this month. Whether it be hair, fragrance, skin, or makeup products, drop the names of your favorites. From new treasures to trusted holy grails, the Beauty Insider Community wants to know your recommendations.

Here are my August favorites:

What products were your August favorites? Remember to show and tell! Heart

Re: The August Favorites Thread

It's my favorite thread of the month, @GeorginaBT !!!  I lave the Drunk Elephant and Laneige, too! ❤️

Here are my August Faves:

august faves.jpg

Spoiler
1. Clean Reserve Solar Bloom: This smells incredible! I literally sprayed this everytime I walked into Sephora for the last few months, so I’m so thankful they gifted me a bottle!
2. ABH x Jackie Aina Palette: Obsessed!
3. Sulwhasoo First Care Activating Serum
4. Fresh Black Tea Kombucha Essence
5. Trader Joe’s Shea Butter & Coconut Oil Hair Mask: Smells great, works great and the price is oh so nice!
6. First Aid Beauty KP Bump Eraser: This blew my mind - so good!
7. Wander Beauty Glow Ahead Oil
8. Gourmande Girls Ultra Creme Matte Lipsticks: One of my all time fave indie brands!!!
9. Caudalie Beauty Elixir: Addicted!
10. Primera Clean Berry Lip Mask
11. Kosas Color & Light Duos
12. Youth to the People Kombucha + 11% AHA Exfoliating Power Toner.
13. Tatcha The Silk Peony Melting Eye Cream.
14. Farmacy Very Cherry Bright

***Some products were gifted

The Fresh Kombucha Essence is easily becoming my favorite essence. It's light, has a nice fragrance to it and really moisturizes my skin. <333

I definitely need to restock the Fresh Kombucha, @PenelopeBT  !!!(I just found all these unanswered messages in my inbox - lol)

@Tamara76, so many lovely favorites!!! The Sulwhasoo looks so luxe, as does the Tatcha and the Fresh. Your skin will love you for loving it with such good products! ❤️ Those Gourmande Girls lippies are adorable; I'm going to have to check out their site. Actually, I just went onto the site and learned that those lippies smell like cake! That just sealed the deal. Gonna go figure out which colors I want. 😉 

Thank you so much @itsfi !!! Gourmande Girls has gotten pretty popular in the last few years - I believe she changed her formulas. I need to check them out again!!!(I just found all these unanswered messages in my inbox - lol)

Hi @Tamara76 ,

I really want to try the First Aid Beauty KP Bump Eraser Body Scrub with 10% AHA 8 oz/ 226 g. I love body scrubs and need something for my skin in the winter! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@JaneanBT The FAB KP Line is still one of my faves!!!(I just found all these unanswered messages in my inbox - lol)

My August favorites! Dior luminizer in #7 peach delight, Il Makiage x Carli Bybel Stellar set...sooooo gorgeous, Ciate blush "In Too Deep" (sadly now empty...my #1 fav blush), Benefit Precisely My Brow in 4.5 (#1 fav brow product), KVD Brow Struck Dimension Powder in dark brown, Fenty Fairy Bomb in 24Kray (wear this over whatever other highlighter I put on and it's sentimental since I got it last year at Sephoria), Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen...plays well with my makeup and doesn't leave a white cast, Miss Manga Mascara by L'oreal...my go to, but trying other mascaras, Caudalie Vinosource moisturizing sorbet, and my 3 fav palettes, Naked Cherry by UD, Mothership Mini Sublime by PMG, and Lila by ND.

Hi @GodivaMoon ,

I love the Lila Palette. It is so pretty and there are so many great shades for the Fall time too! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

RE: The August Favorites Thread

I also use the unseen sunscreen. I like it!

i was so tempted to grab those carli bybel lipsticks @GodivaMoon!! they are absolutely gorgeous!

Beautiful favorites @GodivaMoon! 💗💕 

I recently dug this forgotten treasure out of my stash and am obsessed with it! It smells SO GOOD and provides the perfect flush of dewy colour. I'm so sad it's no longer available for purchase because I want to buy 100 more. 😍

It’s so great to find a forgotten favorite @CheekyKeek! 😃 There were some beautiful shades in this line; 💗 maybe Tarte will bring it back again. 🤞🏼 

I love that blush. It's definitely one of my favorites fo...

I love that blush. It's definitely one of my favorites for no makeup makeup days. It has lasted me for so long I didn't even know it was no longer carried! 😔

I'm about 4 months into my foundation-free journey now, so these three products were pretty much my entire summer face.

The REN Clean Skincare Evercalm™ Barrier Support Antioxidant Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL is a no-nonsense, dependable moisturizer that hydrates without feeling too heavy or greasy on the skin.  I like to mix 1 - 2 drops of the REN Clean Skincare Keep Young And Beautiful™ Instant Firming Beauty Shot 1.02 oz/ 30 mL into the REN Evercalm moisturizer to speed up the dry-down time and to give it a "bouncier", hydrating finish.  

I discovered the SUPERGOOP! - Glow Stick Sunscreen SPF 50 through gratis received at a BIC community event with @supergoop .  At first, I was a bit hesitant to try it, afraid that it might be stiff or waxy like a lip balm.  As it turns out, the Supergoop Glow Stick Sunscreen is solid oil that melts and spreads easily on the skin upon contact.  I would highly recommend this to those who like a glowy finish to the skin -- I can comfortably use this all over the face without looking sweaty or greasy.

IMG_20190817_184126.jpg

@MlleCC  Extremely jealous of your foundation-free journey! One day my skin will be in good enough condition...one day...

I've got to try more REN products! The Young and Beautiful serum sounds super interesting. Good to know you're liking the Supergoop stick! 

@MlleCC, your foundation free journey is inspiring! 💕 That REN serum sounds amazing! I’m pretty sure I have a couple of samples somewhere...definitely going to have to look for them now. 😃

It's been a brutally hot August here in Ohio, so I've been wearing minimal makeup and lighter skin care products to deal with my combo skin- the heat makes it really oily! 

I've been obsessed with the Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer Fenty Glowbecause who wants to wear lipstick in 100 degree heat? I've also been using the BITE BEAUTY - Agave Lip Mask - Lavender every night to keep my lips happy and hydrated.

For skin care, I've mostly switched my routine to clean beauty products, and my skin is so happy! My current faves include Herbivore Lapis Blue Tansy Face Oil - For Oily & Acne-Prone Skin 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

FARMACY - HONEYMOON GLOW AHA Resurfacing Night Serum with Hydrating Honey + Gentle Flower Acids

and VOLITION BEAUTY - Strawberry-C Brightening Serum.

Since it's been too hot for foundation, i've just been using HOURGLASS - Ambient® Lighting Powder - Luminous Light and BECCA - Under Eye Brightening Corrector - Light to Medium.

Hi @unfungirl,

When the heat stop!? It has been so hot over hear in California as well and I am over it lol! 

Great set of favorites! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos21
  • favorite products from August by GeorginaBT.jpg
  • IMG_20190727_204552327.jpg
  • Why yes, that's an avocado green shower. I *know* you're jealous :p
  • 808C4A6D-4104-494F-8237-C5A8AA6AF374.jpeg
  • IMG_20190827_190739.jpg
  • August favorites
  • IMG_E0032.JPG
  • Top: RMS Beauty Temptation; Middle: Buxom Dolly; Bottom: RMS Beauty Temptation + Buxom Dolly
  • Top: ColourPop Lippie Scrub; Middle: Fourth Ray Beauty Watermelon Face Milk; Bottom: Fourth Ray Beauty Watermelon Seed Oil
  • 8A280C1F-8E6E-4D93-AFD0-5AB10A344758.gif
  • IMG_9410.jpg
  • 5DBFDD48-A61D-4744-947C-566CF56B64CF.jpeg
  • 3C8B5266-0BE5-472E-9D17-C55418E3AF44.jpeg
  • C46C3ADB-FC47-4BBE-929F-AD0D8E94ADC9.jpeg
testing