Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: October 2021 Edition!

Monthly Favorites October 2021Monthly Favorites October 2021

Even though the sunny weather outside my window is having a bit of an identity crisis, Iโ€™m more than ready to embrace all the Fall vibes and buckle down and get cozy. (Speaking of which, donโ€™t forget to join theFall Cozy Challenge if you havenโ€™t already!) Spending more time indoors again means Iโ€™ve had time to pick up some new self-care habits (like dry brushing), experiment with some TikTok skincare trends (toner on my underarms?!), and rediscover some old favorites while I re-organize my beauty stash. Thereโ€™s something about Fall that puts me in the pampering mood, and sometimes that means simply doing my makeup or hair โ€œjust because.โ€ Now all I need is some pumpkin spice! ๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ‚

Here are the products Iโ€™ve been loving all October long:

What skincare, hair, makeup, fragrance, and/or wellness products have you been reaching for this October? Reply below and be sure to tag your favorites by using the โ€œ#โ€ sign!

Re: Monthly Favorites: October 2021 Edition!

Ooohh, now I'm excited!  I think I'll try it tomorrow.  Thanks @Beadshopgirl !  This could be life-changing!

Nice favorites this month @AlexBT! Yes to dry brushing! This is the first I've heard of toner on the underarms ... adding that to my list of things to research this weekend. 

@itsfi I love picking up new beauty habits, but sticking to them is always tricky for me... Hoping that dry brushing is one that sticks! ๐Ÿ™‚ The underarm toner I have to be careful with, because sometimes I'll forget and put it on right after shaving and that is not a fun mistake to make. ๐Ÿคฆโ€

I hear ya on sticking to new habits @AlexBT! I was better with using a dry brush consistently when I first learned about it and I could stand to to get back on a more regular routine with that. I learned about the dry brush technique when I was vacationing in Hawaii many moons ago and picked up the SEPHORA COLLECTION Dry Revive: Dry Body Brush while there. I have the new version of it too, which really just means I have zero excuse for not sticking with it. ๐Ÿ˜† Looks like I have a new year's resolution already in the works. ๐Ÿคฃ

@AlexBT  I finally caught this thread before the month changed over! This month I have revisited MILK MAKEUP Sunshine Skin Tint Clean Foundation Refill Cartridge . Though this formula isn't as good as it was since the revamp it is still one of the few that won't chalk or cake on me. I think for winter I might have to switch tints since this might not be moisturizing enough anymore. We'll see. I also tried the new lilah b. Mini Aglow Golden Priming Oil 0.33 oz/ 10 mL which is tinted enough to be a foundation for me. It keeps my skin moisturized all day. I'd love to get this in a lighter glow since by winter it probably too dark. There is the untinted formula so I could use that but the tint spoiled me a bit! I've been reaching for my Jessica Rabbit ciate highlighter. So glad I picked that one up.  Frangrance wise I think I've reached for Lancรดme La Vie Est Belle . It's warm and sugary with a dash of spice. And it lasts all day on me.

@Margalee Haha happy October! Glad you made it here with time to spare. ๐Ÿ™‚ I love the sound of that lilah b. oil. It seems like something I'd like to try mixing with my foundation for a nice glow - but nice to hear that you can wear it alone, too!

@AlexBT  Maybe a solve for that MILK MAKEUP Sunshine Skin Tint Clean Foundation that got a little thicker? I have primed with lilah b. Aglow Golden Priming Oil 1 oz / 30 mL but the Milk seems to really pull and set in pores a bit. I've found it works better w/o primer which can be a good thing I guess.

@AlexBT I've really been enjoying ALTERNA Haircare CAVIAR Anti-Agingยฎ Smoothing Anti-Frizz Blowout Butter .  I got a deluxe sample of it, and it was just what my hair needed.  My hair has been softer and sleeker.  I use it all over, but it's been a lifesaver for the top layer of my hair.

That Alterna is so good, @greeneyedgirl107

@greeneyedgirl107 Nice! We just started getting rain here so I'm not even going to bother to attempt to blow-dry for the foreseeable future. ๐Ÿ˜‚ But this sounds like a great smoothing styler!

This month I've been using chocolate eyeliner as I get back into my fall colors!

CLINIQUE Quicklinerโ„ข For Eyes Intense Eyeliner Intense Chocolate 

Dior Dior Vernis Gel Shine and Long Wear Nail Lacquer Cosmopolite 785 

Dior Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet 1 oz/ 30 mL Eau de Toilette Spray 

Those are good as well

@SportyGirly125 Ooh I've been thinking about investing in a cleansing device, and that jade one looks so luxe!

@AlexBT I love that it has a heating side on one and the cleaning device on the other.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos15
  • Monthly Favorites October 2021
  • 47799238-5BFD-4CE2-9539-A8601F4423AC.jpeg
  • BE5C574D-1256-4576-84D7-EB4A2ECD8A51.jpeg
  • Top to Bottom: Nubile, Neutral Party, Indian Rose
  • 7028A46F-6338-4FB4-AA59-CE6CD864B190.jpeg
  • 1991EF5D-98EB-46FE-B0D4-D8F4A21422EA.jpeg
  • F8406D59-2586-4372-A645-45E5CB769D42.jpeg
  • October 2021 Favorites
  • 6A88DBAC-564E-4A84-947F-C28947C7C3AA.jpeg