Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: October 2021 Edition!

Monthly Favorites October 2021Monthly Favorites October 2021

Even though the sunny weather outside my window is having a bit of an identity crisis, I’m more than ready to embrace all the Fall vibes and buckle down and get cozy. (Speaking of which, don’t forget to join theFall Cozy Challenge if you haven’t already!) Spending more time indoors again means I’ve had time to pick up some new self-care habits (like dry brushing), experiment with some TikTok skincare trends (toner on my underarms?!), and rediscover some old favorites while I re-organize my beauty stash. There’s something about Fall that puts me in the pampering mood, and sometimes that means simply doing my makeup or hair “just because.” Now all I need is some pumpkin spice! 🎃🍂

Here are the products I’ve been loving all October long:

What skincare, hair, makeup, fragrance, and/or wellness products have you been reaching for this October? Reply below and be sure to tag your favorites by using the “#” sign!

Re: Monthly Favorites: October 2021 Edition!

@AlexBT  How is this month almost over!!!! I feel like it was July yesterday. I have been loving the SF new vanilla beige tooo. I love the hint of colour!

@ather Time is flyyyyyin'! ✈ And yes, I held off for awhile with the SF balm (just because I have SO MANY BALMS!), but once they came out with this slightly tinted version, I had to grab it! I love how slippery it is, too.

My favorites this month are

Verb Body Wash 12 oz/ 355 mL 

Verb Body Lotion 

Ne'cessaire The Hand Cre'me (which I can't tag because of the e-acute)

@Titian06  I didn’t even know Verb has a body cream!! I need to try it!

Yes! I also love my Verb body wash 🙂 I'll have to check out the lotion next.

This is a great product. The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Masque 3.3 oz/ 100 mL goop GOOPGENES All-in-One Nourishing Skincare Kit 

@AlexBT  Nice list!  My YSL Touche Eclat arrived today!  What did you think of using the glycolic acid toner as a deodorant?  I'm really intrigued by that, but haven't tried it yet. 

@Ispend2much6 Honestly, one my favorite parts is that it doesn't mark up my clothes! But I also feel like my underarms are a lot smoother with less irritation and fewer ingrowns as a result of toning them on the reg. I might need to recruit my boyfriend to help me conduct a true smell-test though.... 🤣

@AlexBT. I took your suggestion. My husband crinkled his face like he smelled a bad odor before he even got close to me (in anticipation or fear probably.) 

Unfortunately this tiktok idea was a bust for me.

But still love glycolic acid for my face.

@AlexBT  Omg I hope he’s a good sport!!

@AlexBT  You are brave! lol   😂  But it's a good idea; how else will you know?  My husband is very interested in this concept- he finds that natural deodorants don't work well for him, and he doesn't like the idea of using ones that contain aluminum or preventing him from sweating.  He's probably right, but I can't get there just yet.

@Ispend2much6  Acid toners are great to use in conjunction with a deodorant. I use Tarte Knockout under my arms. It prevents bacteria from multiplying. I can’t use it alone, but everyone’s body chemistry is different. 

@Beadshopgirl  @Ispend2much6  I use this acid toner on my scalp. I apply about 10 minutes prior to showering. Dupe for DE glycolic scrub minus the tiny scrubbie beads which I can never get all rinsed out of my hair.

Great idea, @jen81 !  💖💖💖

@jen81  That's an incredible idea!  I don't like scrubbing particles either.  Do you think it would burn an irritated scalp?  It never burns my face.

@Ispend2much6  It hasn’t burned me or felt irritating. You could just start out with small area of scalp for only 5 minutes and build up from there. 

@jen81  That's a sensible idea!  Some days I feel like I need to have someone else directing me so I make it through the day safely. lol

Absolutely @Ispend2much6 sometimes I do things I wouldn’t advise other to do! 🤪. I have definitely done that with leave on exfoliants for sure. I know better but still sometime over so it.

@jen81 That’s very cool! I never thought to use it on my scalp! How do you apply it?

@Beadshopgirl  I attach the cap that comes with it  that is the twist top. Then I use the tip to get it directly on scalp by gently squeezing. Apply to all areas you want to. I then gently massage it in to make sure evenly distributed on scalp. Rinse off in about 10 min. I got this hack from an Instagramer I follow! Great for if you get dry skin buildup on your scalp!

Ooohh, now I'm excited!  I think I'll try it tomorrow.  Thanks @Beadshopgirl !  This could be life-changing!

163 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos15
  • Monthly Favorites October 2021
  • 47799238-5BFD-4CE2-9539-A8601F4423AC.jpeg
  • BE5C574D-1256-4576-84D7-EB4A2ECD8A51.jpeg
  • Top to Bottom: Nubile, Neutral Party, Indian Rose
  • 7028A46F-6338-4FB4-AA59-CE6CD864B190.jpeg
  • 1991EF5D-98EB-46FE-B0D4-D8F4A21422EA.jpeg
  • F8406D59-2586-4372-A645-45E5CB769D42.jpeg
  • October 2021 Favorites
  • 6A88DBAC-564E-4A84-947F-C28947C7C3AA.jpeg