Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: October 2020 Edition!

102220-OctoberMonthlyFaves.jpg

As we head into the last week of October, it’s officially spooky szn, but there’s nothing scary about my monthly beauty faves (except maybe that radioactive-looking comb 😵)! My October picks represent a range of “newness” – one is a brand-spankin’-new product, others are new from earlier this year, and a couple of them are some longtime Community standbys -- but they’re *all* new to me, so I’m excited to share them with the B-I-C! So check out my October favorites below, then dig into your stash and tell me – what fragrance, hair, skincare, makeup, or wellness goodies have you been turning to the most this month? Holy grails, new favorites, and rediscovered beauty gems are all fair game!

Here are my October favorites:

What products have you been loving this month? Hit the “Reply” button below to show and tell!

Re: Monthly Favorites: October 2020 Edition!

Thanks, @itsfi.  I'm definitely late to the party on the top coat but dang, it's really good. And honestly, I partially have YOU to thank for pushing me over the edge into purchasing the moisturizer. I was definitely debating about it for a little bit but I'm so glad that I got it 🤗

@CookieGirl1, you're not late to the party at all; to borrow a line from Kesha, "the party don't start till [you] walk in." I'm rotating through a few different top coats at the moment and the G&G one is definitely a favorite. The Essie polish is so pretty too - perfect for fall! 💅

@CookieGirl1 ,

Thanks for your quick reviews of these products!  Everything is very interesting.  Pasadena is a beautiful shade on you!   I ordered the Farmacy Honey Halo Ceramide Moisturizer twice, but I haven't used it yet.

@tsavorite I feel like it takes a lot for me to feel like I vibe with a skincare product this quickly but this moisturizer has seriously been one of the best I've tried in a long time.  It's a little intimidating out of the jar because it seems super thick but somehow it just melts into my skin and I've genuinely felt like my skin became softer and even smoother within the first couple of uses.  A lot of people will probably choose to use it as a night cream but I actually love how it preps my skin for makeup.  You'll have to tag me and give me your opinion after trying it :). 

@CookieGirl1  That green gold polish is so pretty!!! I can tell why you’ve been wearing it so much!! So glad you are enjoying the new Farmacy cream! It’s on my list to try!

Yeah, @ather, it's a fun shade to wear and I really am enjoying the moisturizer. 

@CookieGirl1 

Glisten & Glow is the best! I've been using it for years now; I get the 2oz refill and it lasts me about a year ❣️

@RGbrown I also want to try the ones from Cuticula and Vapid Vinyls.  I've heard really good things about them too. 

[ EDIT: Ha, I just zoomed in to check one of my medium-sized photos and noticed my rank changed. 🤣I have no idea when that happened, but yay? ]

I didn’t have many makeup days this month, but these are the things I’ve most enjoyed using: 

"But the PMG palette is mostly repeats!" So was Mothership 7 but did that stop y'all from buying it? No it did not. :D"But the PMG palette is mostly repeats!" So was Mothership 7 but did that stop y'all from buying it? No it did not. 😄
Notes: 
Spoiler
PAT McGRATH LABS Mega Mothership: Celestial Divinity Eyeshadow Palette - this has been so fun to play with, I’m considering buying a backup during the holiday sale—if I can convince myself to visit a local Sephora store. 😄 I can see myself quickly panning some of these shades, especially Dragonfly and Fuchsia Shock. 

Wayne Goss Weightless Veil Blush Palette, Vivid Azaleathe blush shade (Shocking) is gorgeous and very pigmented, but easy to sheer out with the right brush. The highlighter shade (Pearl) layered over Shocking creates a beautiful combo that’s not too shimmery but definitely not dull. I have another variety of this blush palette coming soon. 

Chikuhodo KZ-02 Cheek Brush (Homare series) - my usual blush brush, the Chikuhodo Z-4, picks up too much of that Wayne Goss blush. This KZ-02 is bigger, fluffier, and has more splay, making it perfect for boldly pigmented powder blushes. It picks up a bit less blush and diffuses it during application. I gave this brush the NARS Exhibit A test and it passed with flying—but softly diffused—color. 

By Terry Hyaluronic Pressed Hydra-PowderI’ve said many times that the original translucent loose version of this powder is my all-time favorite setting powder. This pressed version is also a rockstar. I didn’t get to test it on a very hot day, but it kept things locked in place on the days I did test it. I can't really say if I prefer the loose or pressed version until I've given the pressed a fair test in high heat. 

MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Resist Color Pencil Eyeliner 07 Lagoon (and other shades) - I hope MUFE releases more shades because these are a big improvement over the old AquaXL pencils. After application, I get a few seconds to smudge or blend the liner out if I want. Then it sets and doesn’t budge on my hooded eyes. I sometimes dust a tiny bit of By Terry setting powder over it as extra insurance, out of habit, but I don’t think this pencil’s gel formula needs it. These perform better for me than the PMG gel eye pencils. 
And let’s talk about skincare: 

3 of these are repeat monthly favorites. :D3 of these are repeat monthly favorites. 😄Not just for bodies; also good for irritated/inflamed faces.Not just for bodies; also good for irritated/inflamed faces.
Notes:
Spoiler
I had a full-face inflammatory reaction + barrier break this month, complete with a rash on my whole face, severe redness, intense burning everywhere, scaly skin, and lots of itchiness. These skincare heroes are helping my skin barrier heal. 

The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL - I’ve used this nearly every night. I gently rub it on my face, let it sit for 5-10 minutes as a soothing oat mask, then very gently rub a cleanser over it and rinse everything off. I’ve also used this balm as my morning face wash. Without this balm, I’d never be able to wash my face at all this month. 

Herbivore Emerald CBD + Adaptogens Deep Moisture Glow Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL - I’ve listed this as a favorite several times, but it’s months like this when it really shows its calming worth. I’ve applied one drop of this to my entire face after washing my face at night, and another drop to my neck. 

Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion - this is my usual body lotion. This month isn’t the first time I’ve also used it on my face, but I’ve been especially appreciative of it lately. I apply this after Herbivore Emerald CBD Oil. Then I layer retinol over it (I’ve reduced retinol usage to 5-6 nights a week). This creates a nice soothing layer between my angry skin and retinol. 

CeraVe Healing Ointment and Aquaphor Ointment - whenever my skin barrier’s broken, I use a balm to protect the skin in question while it heals. Usually it’s Aquaphor, which contains lanolin—something my skin normally has no issue with. But man, my undereyes were so ridiculously painful and sensitive for most of this month, even Aquaphor made them sting and burn. So I’ve been using CeraVe Healing Ointment there instead, as well as on my oily zone. The rest of my face gets Aquaphor. I layer both balms over retinol at night. I also apply these balms after my morning wash. And of course, Aquaphor continues to be my moisturizing lip balm of choice. (For my lips, CeraVe Healing Ointment isn’t nearly as effective.) 

Oh, I want to try those Wayne Goss blushes so bad but my makeup collection is growing too fast and I am running out of room. Last year, I was collecting lipstick and mascara and eyeshadow. This year has been eyeshadow and the latter half of the year I've been buying blushes and haven't even used them yet. So much fomo right now @WinglessOne  🙂

@Buootiful  I'm glad you have the discipline to cap makeup purchases per available storage space. I still can't do that with lipstick, no matter how hard I try—and I can't even wear lipsticks away from home anymore, yet I keep buying them. 🤦‍♀️ Anyway, I'm sure Wayne's blushes will still be around whenever you're ready for more blush! 

Haha, yes @WinglessOne , and Tower28, KVD, Fenty, Cover fx.....😶

@WinglessOne ,

Great information!  I just made a new list of things that I need to get.  I love your big photo!

Thank you @tsavorite !

@WinglessOne  That palette is gorgeous!! We just got the inkey list in Canada and I saw that cleanser and I was curious about it! After reading your thoughts I definitely want to try it now!!! That’s for the great reviews!

@ather  Yay, I'm glad Canada finally has The Inkey List! I don't like all their products, but I can say that about any brand's skincare line. I have been very impressed with some of the products I've tried. If you try the Oat Cleansing Balm, I hope it works well for you! 

@WinglessOne Nice favs. I see that Chikuhodo Kazan brush. 😜 Isn't it amazingly soft?

@tjffc  It really is! 

Ok @WinglessOne I'll be waiting to see how you like the by Terry pressed on the summer!! Please keep me posted 😊

Will do @lmaster ! I was going to tag you but figured I'd wait til I could more thoroughly test this powder against the loose version. 🙂 

@WinglessOne yep our summers can get pretty humid,, im so very curious!! 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos25
  • 102220-OctoberMonthlyFaves.jpg
  • 30E05A20-7333-486D-B5EC-0C770AE87D28.jpeg
  • 4F93A42D-15B9-4066-9835-96F05D6FECB9.jpeg
  • CF65A034-BDAD-4B14-BA20-2CF870449FA7.jpeg
  • 134EE97A-CE1A-42BF-B4AF-2653822DF5BC.jpeg
  • October 2020 Favorites!
  • ADA3F4E3-6CF5-418C-8B0A-7B5C5FBAF4DD.jpeg
  • "But the PMG palette is mostly repeats!" So was Mothership 7 but did that stop y'all from buying it? No it did not. :D
  • Not just for bodies; also good for irritated/inflamed faces.
  • 3 of these are repeat monthly favorites. :D
  • AFEFBAE9-2D7F-4D66-BB92-2A984C34DFC9.gif
  • giphy (12).gif
  • 3BF0A95A-FA3B-4F3F-AC45-8D58C56C6F50.gif
  • 20201029_172648.jpg
  • 20201029_174824.jpg
testing