Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: October 2020 Edition!

102220-OctoberMonthlyFaves.jpg

As we head into the last week of October, it’s officially spooky szn, but there’s nothing scary about my monthly beauty faves (except maybe that radioactive-looking comb 😵)! My October picks represent a range of “newness” – one is a brand-spankin’-new product, others are new from earlier this year, and a couple of them are some longtime Community standbys -- but they’re *all* new to me, so I’m excited to share them with the B-I-C! So check out my October favorites below, then dig into your stash and tell me – what fragrance, hair, skincare, makeup, or wellness goodies have you been turning to the most this month? Holy grails, new favorites, and rediscovered beauty gems are all fair game!

Here are my October favorites:

What products have you been loving this month? Hit the “Reply” button below to show and tell!

Re: Monthly Favorites: October 2020 Edition!

I use that same aveeno lotion for my body too @WinglessOne! Now I'll know I can use it on my face too 😊

@ShortErica  Isn't is great? Once upon a time, long before I had a dermatologist, my PCP learned I used this lotion on my body and she recommended also using it on my face to help my inflammation. She said "if the rest of your skin loves oats, I bet your face will too." 👍 I'm going to try a thicker (I think) Aveeno body lotion soon as a face moisturizer and see how it fares in cold weather. 

@WinglessOne  Aveeno baby has a Eczema care nighttime balm with soothing colloidal oatmeal that’s really nice. My little guy has the most reactive skin and it’s helped. I also use it on my body and face when I’m super dry during the super cold months! 

Oh, thanks for the recommendation @ather ! I recently bought 2 things from Aveeno's Eczema Therapy line: the daily moisturizer and the itch relief balm, which is probably very similar to the Aveeno Baby eczema balm... now I'll have to look that one up. 🙂 

You're making me jealous saying things like "cold weather" @WinglessOne. Hope the thicker one is what your skin needs in that weather!

3BF0A95A-FA3B-4F3F-AC45-8D58C56C6F50.gif

I’m going to ignore my envy over the brushes and just say @WinglessOne YESSS!!!! Happy you had some favorites this month, but more than that, hurrah for the final rank up🤗!!!

Aww, thank you @eshoe ! 😊 It seems like Boss 3 happened rather quickly—or maybe it's just that this year has seemed incredibly long. Either way, I didn't reach this rank all on my own, so major thanks to everyone who helped me get here! ❤️

@WinglessOne Congrats on ranking up!  You are definitely a "Boss."😀

Thank you @tjffc ! 

That palette is gorgeous @WinglessOne

@faeriegirl  It's a great palette to have in your collection, especially if you love duochromes (there are several here). I've been nosing around to find out if any friends or relatives are looking for a PMG intro palette, because this one fits the bill nicely as a gift. 

@WinglessOne Congrats on the Level Up!!!

That Pat McGrath palette looks so colorful and shimmery, and the Wayne Goss Blush is GORGEOUS ... 😍

The Aquaphor and CeraVe Healing Ointments are staples in my skincare routines too. I use the CeraVe as the last step in my evening skincare routine to lock in my moisturizer. My dry skin has been loving it! I mix the Aquaphor with a moisturizer for my feet then put on a pair of socks. After an hour, my feet feel amazing! 

Thanks @sephoraaddict918 ! 🙂 

In his announcement video, Wayne claims this specific blush shade isn't as bold as it looks. But my Z-4 brush disagrees. 😂 It's not Exhibit A bold (is anything?), but it's definitely not sheer or even semi-sheer. Still, I find it easy to work with. Also, the pans are huge! You really get your money's worth with these blush palettes. 

And hooray for balms/ointments as full-face moisturizers! Aquaphor has kept my face free of windburn and subzero chapping through many winters. It does also make a fantastic foot mask! 

@WinglessOne ahhhhh that Pat palette 👀👀👀

@AlexBT  Not that I'm biased or anything but EVERYONE should get that palette. I already had 4 of the shades in it (they're from Decadence and the 2018 Holiday MTHRSHPs and were repeated in the Star Wars MTHRSHPs) and I'm still super happy to have this palette. 💜

The Chikuhodo Homare series has some  beautiful brushes @WinglessOne! 😍 That powder brush must feel so soft! What a dream for applying that pretty blush! ♥️

@itsfi  It's a suuuper soft brush. This is the size of cheek brush I call "mini powder" and often use with Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders. I don't usually like brushes this large for blush. But this one's perfect for boldly pigmented blushes. It's also wonderful to hold: the handle is gorgeous and so lightweight, yet the brush is perfectly weight balanced. It's a work of art. ❤️ 

"It's a work of art." So true @WinglessOne!  This'll sound weird, but just looking at the handles on the brushes from this line is calming; to me, at least. I love the Chikuhodo brushes that I have 💖 and have been seriously contemplating focusing 2021 on picking up a few more brushes from the brand, including some from this Homare collection. 😍

Hand washing has been rough on my hands so no wonder three of this months most used products are hand related.  I couldn’t resist the cute little hand sanitizer bat case from B&BW.  I’m currently using the coconut pumpkin hand sanitizer followed by marshmallow pumpkin latte hand cream.  They’re doing the job and making it feel like fall.  
Londontown kur nail mask- I LOVE this!  My nails have taken on a lot of punishment from all the washing and this has been both moisturizing and making them stronger.  I paint my nails with it, rub it in and go to sleep. It’s more a play dough scented cream and not an actual polish. 
I believe the milk melatonin overnight lip mask has been in my favorites before.  Light lavender scent, absorbs quickly but leaves a barrier that keeps my lips moist all night.  
Murad rapid collagen infusion- this has been my one step (besides face wash) skincare product the last couple weeks.  I haven’t felt like doing my normal skincare routine and this has been it.  It has a subtle pine needle scent and is super hydrating while remaining lightweight on the skin.  It gets an honorary mention for pulling all the weight this month.  
Caolion peace water aqua drop gel night mask - I bought this at Sephora in Prague and am convinced it is Belif aqua bomb but with pearls of milky cream throughout.  It has the same subtle and fresh lime scent and performs almost identical to it. Although I love it I won’t seek it out again cause Belif will do and is easier to find. MILK MAKEUP Melatonin Overnight Lip Mask  Moschino MOSCHINO TOY 2 3.4oz/100mL Eau de Parfum Spray  

ADA3F4E3-6CF5-418C-8B0A-7B5C5FBAF4DD.jpeg

That bat is so cute @heartsmyface! 🦇 

@heartsmyface ooo that Milk lip mask sounds lovely... I'll have to try that next once I finish up this bottomless pot of Laneige!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos25
  • 102220-OctoberMonthlyFaves.jpg
  • 30E05A20-7333-486D-B5EC-0C770AE87D28.jpeg
  • 4F93A42D-15B9-4066-9835-96F05D6FECB9.jpeg
  • CF65A034-BDAD-4B14-BA20-2CF870449FA7.jpeg
  • 134EE97A-CE1A-42BF-B4AF-2653822DF5BC.jpeg
  • October 2020 Favorites!
  • ADA3F4E3-6CF5-418C-8B0A-7B5C5FBAF4DD.jpeg
  • "But the PMG palette is mostly repeats!" So was Mothership 7 but did that stop y'all from buying it? No it did not. :D
  • Not just for bodies; also good for irritated/inflamed faces.
  • 3 of these are repeat monthly favorites. :D
  • AFEFBAE9-2D7F-4D66-BB92-2A984C34DFC9.gif
  • giphy (12).gif
  • 3BF0A95A-FA3B-4F3F-AC45-8D58C56C6F50.gif
  • 20201029_172648.jpg
  • 20201029_174824.jpg
testing