Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: December 2021 Edition!

MonthlyFavesDecember2021.jpg

‘Tis the season… to pay tribute to our December beauty favorites! Earlier this month, while shopping for gifts for others (thanks in part to all the great recs from our Community Ambassador Gift Guide for the 2021 Holiday Season), the inevitable happened: some extra items for me managed to sneak into my basket. I mean, I have to know if I like it before I can confidently gift something to someone else, right? We’ll call it research! In any case, I’ve acquired some new-to-me beauty staples that collectively carried me through my many December moods – whether I stayed home and couched it with some self-care, or actually went out in my glitzy holiday glam, complete with a highlight you can see from space. 🌌

Here are the products I’ve turned to the most this month:

Tell us your favorites! Which skincare, hair, makeup, fragrance, and/or wellness products have you been loving this month? Reply below and use the “#” sign to tag your faves!

Re: Monthly Favorites: December 2021 Edition!

I know, @SportyGirly125 😞 It was heartbreaking. I think of that little family often, they brought a lot of joy to me. I learned so much about their different calls and behavior, it was way more complex than I would have guessed. Who knew?

That highlighter looks so pretty @lmaster!

Thank you lovely!! @faeriegirl 

@lmaster  That is such a precious story!  Your kids will always remember how fun that was, and appreciate your heart when they're older.

@Ispend2much6 Ill never forget that first day 🤣 I said to my husband,,, what did you get me into!! The experience was like no other!! I loved feeding him bottles 😊

@lmaster Yay!!!! so glad Tom Ford Reflects Gilt made it to your favorites for the month!  It is so stunning and I knew would look perfect on you.

@SportyGirly125 it's stunning!! Thank you so much!! 😘

@lmaster @The Tom ford compacts are always the prettiest!!!

@Kim888 its so elegant!! Couldn't agree more!! 

@AlexBT, already time for December favorites! That Tatcha lip balm is luxe! 😍 With not many days left in the month (and the year for that matter), here's what I've been loving:

December 2021 favorites.jpg

Skincare:
Spoiler
My skin lets me know winter's coming before it officially arrives - it leans a lot more dry and I experience some uneveness in tone and texture at times. Farmacy Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask is hydration heaven - from the warming feel as you massage the product into the skin to the soft, nourished, moisturized and supple skin left behind after rinsing off the mask. This has been a go-to mask for me for years and this month was no exception.

Likewise, Farmacy Honey Halo Ultra-Hydrating Ceramide Moisturizer  is a rich, thick, nourishing cream that smooths, moisturizes and plumps my skin. A deluxe size is currently available in the Rewards Bazaar, along with the hyaluronic plumping serum. For some extra TLC for my skin, I'll add one or two of  The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL  into my moisturizer or apply it as the last step of my evening skincare routine. It sinks into my skin very quickly, is good for acne and hyperpigmentation, and leaves my skin nicely moisturized and plump. 🥰
Makeup
Spoiler
Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Perfect Glow Flawless Oil-Free Foundation  feels weightless on my skin and leaves a soft, satiny, slightly blurring, lit from within glow to my complexion, all without feeling or looking greasy, shiny or oily. I love trying different foundations but I always come back to this one and have a bottle in my collection at all times. It is one of my favorite foundations - one I reach for often for special occasions and a lot this holiday season

My eyelids are oily year-round and get particularly so the closer you get to my lash line, making it a challenge to keep super sparkly, shimmery or glitter shadows on my lids. That's where Too Faced Glitter Glue Eye Shadow Primer  comes to the rescue. It's a fabulous primer for keeping the sparkles on my lid and not everywhere else. [Sadly, I think this may be discontinued (or maybe reformulated)? It used to be pretty easily accessible but it seems harder to find these days.]

The consistency of Athr Beauty Radiant Ruby Lip Crème  feels like a cross between a velvety liquid lipstick and a buttery lip gloss. I quite like the feel of it on my lips - it goes on smoothly and beautifully, feels lightly hydrating, and sets without feeling drying. Athr Beauty Radiant Ruby Lip Crème Manifest is a rosy-burgundy shade that wears  slightly warmer on my lips than how it swatches. I wish the packaging had a little more weight to it, but the formula is what matters to me and this one is a good one. I will be picking up one (okay, maybe two) more shades at some point ... says the girl who doesn't really need any more lippies.
Athr Beauty Radiant Ruby Lip Creme (Manifest)Athr Beauty Radiant Ruby Lip Creme (Manifest)
Everything Else
Spoiler
I don't know what it is about Olaplex Mini No. 4 Bond Maintenance™ Shampoo 3.3 oz/ 100 mL, but my hair really likes it. This is my 4th, maybe 5th, bottle and I find that my hair sheds less and looks and feels healthier when I incorporate this shampoo into my hair care lineup on a more regular basis.

VOLUSPA White Cypress Glass Jar Candle is winter in a candle - fresh, cool, crisp and clean with just the right, subtle amount of woodsy evergreen to give it that Hallmark Christmas winter wonderland feel.

Interestingly, Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Eau de Parfum Extreme has been my everyday scent since receiving it as gratis this month! Thank you @TeamBIC💝 I expected it to be an evening or special occasion fragrance and have been surprised by how often I've reached for it to wear during the day. On me, it starts off warm and spicy but not strong or overpowering. I don't pick up any coffee notes until near the end and it's very subtle. Longevity is good - about 7-8 hours for me.
Favorite BIC Reads
Spoiler
My favorite posts to read this month come from the reviews of the generous fragrance gratis:

@pocketvenus' fashion + fragrance post put a huge smile on my face, and made me want to go shopping! 🛍 - Re: Ho Ho Holidays, The Festive Fragranc... - Page 2 - Beauty Insider Community (sephora.com)

@sister13's cocktail and fragrance pairings are phenomenal. sister13, if you ever need someone to test any of your fab drinks, I'm happy to help. 🍸🥛🥃 
YSL - Re: Ho Ho Holidays, The Festive Fragranc... - Beauty Insider Community (sephora.com)
Floral Street - Re: Ho Ho Holidays, The Festive Fragranc... - Beauty Insider Community (sephora.com)
Gucci - Re: Ho Ho Holidays, The Festive Fragranc... - Page 4 - Beauty Insider Community (sephora.com)
Killian & Chloe - Re: Ho Ho Holidays, The Festive Fragranc... - Page 18 - Beauty Insider Community (sephora.com)

Wishing everyone a healthy, safe and happy new year! 🥂

@itsfi Love your flat-lay, as usual!! I have so many foundations I'm still working through (and it's taking me extra long since I don't wear a full face too often lately) but Luminous Silk is next on my list! Great faves 🙂

Thank you so much @AlexBT! Armani LSF definitely earns its HG status - it’s one I feel like I always have to have on hand. ♥️

Thanks @itsfi ! What fun we would have drink and fragrance testing!! 💗💗💗

Great favorites and reviews, I added a love for that Ather lip crème! 

So much fun @sister13! I have your reviews bookmarked - and have added the cocktails to my list of “things to try my hand at” 😉 

That's awesome! I have one more to post - the Chloe Naturelle, I have been thinking of what suits that one the best - I think I've captured it decently enough, but that one may get two cocktails, haha. @itsfi   

@sister13, if your thinking is that two cocktails are needed to capture the notes, then by all means, go for it. 😉😍

@itsfi ,

I was so surprised by how much I love Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Extreme.  I was really not expecting this. I agree with your comments about it.

Well said!  I wish you, and everyone, a Healthy, Safe and Happy New Year, too!  😊

@tsavorite, the YSL is such a treat, isn't it? I never would have thought it would be an every day scent for me but it is. So happy to hear you love it too! 💖

Farmacy Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask is such a perennial winter fave, @itsfi!! And the Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Eau de Parfum Extreme is fabulous, it was so lovely of @TeamBIC!! I also love your fave BUC reads!! 

@haleyvvvv, the warming + the honey makes for a wonderful winter treat! 💛🍯 I'm not sure that I've ever purchased a full size though 😂 - there's always been a set or gwp available with a DS of it or it's something I pick up in the Rewards Bazaar.

@itsfi Glad you liked the fashion pairings! ❤️ I also really enjoyed the pairings of cocktails complete with pics from @sister13 

18 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos27
  • MonthlyFavesDecember2021.jpg
  • 171BD80F-7E6A-4982-A0C1-975BEE53BA10.jpeg
  • 32BAE54A-F3F9-482D-B032-A75963EB00B7.jpeg
  • 00586352-BD59-488A-895E-00DE2FEE9E6E.jpeg
  • 923F22AB-C98A-498E-878B-4C9B8149C501.jpeg
  • Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 9.17.27 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 9.19.18 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 9.23.17 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 9.25.10 AM.png