Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Ho Ho Holidays, The Festive Fragrance Gratis Thread!

A little birdie told me that Santa's sleigh is touching down early this year and some of our active community members have a holiday gratis parcel en route.

Please feel free to use this thread to share your holiday gratis unboxings and let us all know what you think of this sweet surprise gift 🙂

Thank you, as always to @TeamBIC for putting together these wonderful opportunities that celebrate our members of the BIC community.

Can't wait to see what everyone got!

Re: Ho Ho Holidays, The Festive Fragrance Gratis Thread!

Wonderful reviews, @pocketvenus! I've been really busy and overwhelmed, myself.  I'm so looking forward to the end of this week.  After that I'll be off for the week of Christmas.  I can't wait to go out more and wear perfume more often.  I hope life calms down for you soon! 💓

@curlychiquita I hope you're enjoying your time off ❤️ I feel you about wearing more perfume!! Wishing you a very restful winter break 🌨😴🌌

@pocketvenus love your descriptions and the pictures. I mean you are definitely the Queen of Perfume for a reason. 

@SportyGirly125 awww thank you!! Sending you very merry wishes this holiday 🎉🎄🎀💗

@pocketvenus 

Love this.

Thank you @elleb810 ! ❤️

My goodness @pocketvenus. You’re the queen. Love love reading your perfume description ❤️🥰🌹

@blackkitty2014 I'm so glad to hear it! Sending you festive vibes this holiday season 🔔🎁☃️💝

You are just… fantastic @pocketvenus . I don’t even have the proper descriptive for you and your amazing pairing and descriptions!  I’m going to reread this a bunch and just adore the associations to fashion! Thank you! Congrats to you and hope this year proves better for you! 💞🎉

@Sunnysmom I'm glad you liked the fashion pics!!! And thank you for your kind wishes, I hope you have a wonderful new year filled with lots of beautiful makeup and perfume 💄💖

Oh @pocketvenus , I am obsessed with your perfect fragrance descriptions and pairings with the mood and fashion. 

As much as I consider myself a fragrance junkie, I have no talent for describing all the nuances. Basically, sometimes I will catch those notes after reading a nice description, but essentially I either love it or hate it. 

And I seem to still be the only one who gets warm brown sugar and little to no floral from the Gucci! 

Love your write up, thank you!! 💗💗

Ah thanks @sister13!! We can all smell subtle differences in fragrances and that's what also makes it so fun. A bunch of factors like skin chemistry, the weather and so on can change how a perfume smells so it's great to read everyone's thoughts! 

I love your cocktail pairings by the way, puts one in a festive mood 🙂

PS: I am awaiting Angel’s Share from the 2nd 20% promo! @pocketvenus 

@sister13 Exciting! I hope you love it! ❤️ 👼

@pocketvenus I am blown away by your descriptions and how you paired it with pictures. It's so incredibly helpful to someone like me who doesn't know anything about fragrance. Do you have synesthesia? It almost feels like it with your descriptions and how evocative they are. I'm definitely interested in the Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Eau de Parfum Extreme now as a going out scent.

@makeitup305 I'm glad you found the reviews helpful! I don't have synesthesia but it's so fascinating isn't it? I do think fragrances give a vibe even though it's so subjective! We do share very general cultural associations like a clean light scent for daytime wear, office and so on, so a more minimalist look, while a strong, heavy and spicy scent is better for nightlife and something louder.

Inspired to pair another cocktail - this time a sage cranberry sauce cosmopolitan with leftover cranberry sauce from thanksgiving ! I thought this would be delicate pink, but it was Red! And then I didn’t feel like re-making it. The Gucci Flora Gorgeous Gardenia Eau de Parfum is probably my second favorite after KILIAN Paris Apple Brandy Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum Spray (or maybe a tie?). The bottle is so dang adorable. I do feel, I don’t know, deceived by it, though, as I  expected a more delicate floral, but almost all I get from this is warm brown sugar. Which is not a criticism, necessarily, because I LOVE it, but just still missing the gardenia and Jasmine I expected. May be just me though!

Also, I noticed the back of the bottle for the first time last night with the notes printed on it. Im truly enamored by this bottle!! How cute! Thanks again @TeamBIC , love you all!

77C4FD23-0D6D-4416-92EC-C4A26A356018.jpeg98C2692E-3940-40CC-86E7-36A41016695E.jpeg88844F1B-16AC-4578-885F-DDBB82160EDD.jpeg

@sister13 Your Cranberry Cosmo looks so delish! I am seriously loving these pairings and I'm in awe of your creativity❤️❤️❤️

I'm loving all these cocktails, @sister13!! Great review!!

Thanks @haleyvvvv! 💕💕

@sister13 ,

You ARE so creative!  Love this!

9 Replies
Photos108
  • 68741170-CEF9-4911-B561-FD5283BE5774.gif
  • 1E7C920A-E2DC-4263-B9BD-8575A5FA73DD.jpeg
  • 159614A7-21D6-49A9-A8F1-65DA5785F63D.jpeg
  • A724F118-0AF9-4F59-BD0C-60D8BACE1214.jpeg
  • BIC-21-11b.jpg
  • BIC-21-11.jpg
  • BIC-21-11a.jpg
  • C4F39992-3F0D-4553-9939-06F0099F42E5.jpeg