Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with OUAI Founder Jen Atkin

102017_LiveChat_Ouai_ThreadImage_Handoff.jpgThis thread is closed. Thank you for participating!

Jen Atkin, Founder of OUAI Haircare and Celebrity Hairstylist, is heading to the Beauty Insider Community on Wednesday, October 18th, to chat all things hair. Jen will be answering your questions from 2-3 pm PDT so be sure to visit this thread with a question in mind. Ask anything from how to care for chemically treated hair to tips on the best hairstyle for your face shape. 

Be sure to hit the "Reply" button below this text to ask a question. If you ask using the black chat icon to the right Jen will not see your question.

Re: Live Chat with OUAI Founder Jen Atkin

Hey guys,

I had so much fun chatting with you today. Let’s do it again soon! If I couldn’t get to your question, leave a comment on our IG post over @Anonymous and we’ll get back to you. And don’t forget—follow us on IG, Snap & Facebook to be the first to know about what’s next for OUAI.

xX Jen

Welcome back to the community and thanks so much for joining us today @JenAtkin!!

I love the Hair Oil and have been eyeing your supplements for a while now. What would you recommend for someone with fine, wavy/curly hair? It's super dry and my highlights don't help so hoping to strengthen my hair! 

Thank you 🙂 

@KatieBT OUAI grateful to have you here! Our Dry Supplements help replenish essential moisture, restore shine and prevent breakage so this is def a great choice for you. It takes 90 days to see results but trust me, it's worth the wait!

RE: Live Chat with OUAI Founder Jen Atkin

Hey , I had a question about my hair. Recently i’ve been seeing quite a bit of hairfall, and my hair seems oilier at the top and dry and brittle in the ends. Is there something I could use to fix all this? I rarely ever use heat on my hair.

Re: RE: Live Chat with OUAI Founder Jen Atkin

@armanyaa Sounds like you may need something ingestible- our OUAI Oily Supplements will rebalance your scalp, while also nourishing hair for overall health and strength. Sometimes when your hormones change, you'll notice it in your hair!

Anonymous Insider

Hi Jen! 

Si glad that you are doing the live chat!  I LOVE your products.  Did you work with a lab/chemists to formulate the products?  And which labs do you work with/recommend for product development?

@Anonymous We're lucky to have a great product development team who helps me create the products our community asks for through crowdsourcing. 

Hi Jen! I have never dye my hair but twice a year I get to use the straightener cream of X-tensó from Loreal because my natural hair is curly. My hair has change a lot is more wavy than curly. I have thick and lots of hair.

The thing is that I hate when my roots are growing wavy and when I blow dry or use the flat iron in my hair it doesn’t last so much but in my roots

which products do you recommend me that makes my blowout or straighting my hair with a flat iron lasts especially the roots? 

@Lourdes1989 meet your new best friend OUAI Memory Mist. It has heat activated memory technology that will lock whatever style you create with a hot tool in place. 

Hi! Can you recommend a hair dryer that is lightweight and quiet but also powerful to dry your hair quick? I'm not sure about BIO IONIC, Dyson, T3, Drybar, Amika or GHD? Thank You 🙂

@cherienmeow Plot twist--recommending our Blown-a-OUAI kit with the Dyson Supersponic. It's super quiet and powerful and uses intelligent heat to give you the perfect blowout without the damage that normally comes with heat styling. Plus you get a bunch of OUAI goodies with the kit. Trust me on this one, it's worth the investment. 

Anonymous Insider

Hi, do you have a hair care line for coloured hair? I did not see anything in-store. Thank you!

@Anonymous all of our products are great for color treated hair! OUAI Repair Shampoo and Conditioner are especially good for girls and guys who color. I'd also do the OUAI Treatment Masque once a week if you're dying your hair. 

I'm concerned about animal tested products. is your compa...

I'm concerned about animal tested products. is your company using or affiliated in any way with animals testing?

Re: I'm concerned about animal tested products. is your compa...

@Eldrid We love our furry friends, too! We're cruelty free and never test on animals. 

Jen: Which of your products works well with Black hair that hasn't been chemically treated?

@poshclosetlv Depends on your hair type but definitely our Curl Shampoo & Conditioner is a great OUAI to start. For curly & coiled hair, our Curl Jelly is great and if your hair is on the dry side like most curls are, our Hair Oil & Smooth Spray works wonders. 

How do you recommend using the Wave Spray?

@PatiM My favorite way to use it is on damp hair. You can let it air dry for those model off duty waves or use it to prep the hair before a blowout. I literally use this on all my clients because it helps give the hair some extra grip and hold to make the style last longer. 

Jen, BTW... how do you avoid hair becoming sticky in tropical humid places? What do you suggest to do if I actually want to have my hair down and not stick to my back? Im always stuck putting it up in a bun and it was just not cute when I was in Mexico this past week... it was 83% humidity and sweat sweat galore... all i could  think about was the fact that i spent 40 min curling my hair beach wavy and I was sadly forced to put it up/// tips? tricks??

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • 102017_LiveChat_Ouai_ThreadImage_Handoff.jpg
testing