cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trans is Beautiful
|

Help feminizing my face

image.jpg

I am a trans girl who has a very masculine face (I do not have hormones yet), and I need help finding products to feminize my face. I don’t look like a girl at all, and it bothers me so much

Tags:

Re: Help feminizing my face

I’ve only been dressing for a few months now. What I found most helpful was actually going to a store and asking for help. There are a LOT of options out there for makeup and I found it VERY overwhelming to try and navigate it all myself. Talking to an expert helped me zero on products I actually like and that work best for my skin type and skin tone. I learned that a cheap drugstore foundation can look good if I prep my skin first with a good skincare routine.

Talking with employees also helped me realize that it’s not just about what products I was using, but how I was using them. I didn’t know that placing blush just a centimetre lower than the ideal spot for my face could actually make my face look longer, which I didn’t want.

Most importantly, talking with Sephora’s makeup artists taught me to be patient with myself. Makeup is an art and takes practice. Some days, I feel cute and feminine and other days, I’m upset that I wasted hours on a look that didn’t come out the way I envisioned it in my head. In the end, both days are ok because I learned what works for me specifically and what doesn’t. I’m little bit closer to matching what I look like on the outside with what I feel on the inside. It just takes time.

I wish you the best on your journey. 

My best suggestion is to lean into whichever features give you the most gender euphoria!

A 12 or 16 season personal color analysis goes a long way towards creating both confidence and ease of product color selection. You look like you could be a winter or an autumn, but a drape analysis would be necessary to know for sure!

As far as product recommendations:

Your lips are gorgeous; I bet your amazing look would be instantly elevated with a simple ph lip oil like the Haus Labs lip oil! You'd also be stunning with a high pigment, colored eyeliner like (again) Haus Labs clean eyeliner.

Some things to help with feminization are generally to try to soften the brow line and highlight the cheekbone structure. You have a wonderful cheekbone structure so I would start with contour/bronzer, blush, and then highlighter. A lot of drugstores carry affordable brands to get started like an elf, some great affordable buys here are Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Soft Pinch Liquid Blush(my absolute favorite blush ever), and Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Positive Light Liquid Luminizer Highlight Transcend. Take a good look at your skin tone and try to find something that might compliment it! For example, I love rose gold/champagne colors for my highlighter and I love peach/orange blushes like Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Soft Pinch Liquid Blush Joy. I also hear the bronzing stick is great for contour! When applying your blush look for tutorials on how to do a "lifted" look. By applying your blush higher on your cheek you can really give yourself a more foxy femme look. 

Some things that also will help are focusing on your eyelashes, a curler and some mascara go a long way! I use telescopic from loreal. Try applying it after you do your setting spray, if your eyelashes are a little wet mascara goes on much less clumpy. 

You have beautiful lips as well, for a very easy natural look, try a lip liner in a nude shade or slightly darker than your natural lip color, after that try applying some lip balm like Dior Dior Addict Lip Glow or Dior Lip Glow Oil or even Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer for an extra pop!  

If you feel you have larger pores IT Cosmetics CC+ Airbrush Perfecting Powder Foundation will do wonders for giving your face a softer look. 

Also Checkout Jecca Blac's website, I use their concealer + corrector for my shadow and its amazing. Its formulated to be worn in an area that has hair, be careful with too much make up in shadow area because it can draw more attention to it, or give it even more texture. 

Hi, @Riley0928 !  This is in no way an area of expertise for me, but I'd like to try to help.  A couple of things I notice that you might try are

1.  Shape your eyebrows.  You can do this yourself or go to a salon.  Some Ultas have a brow bar.

2.  Cover your facial hair.  You may want to consult with a dermatologist for a medical/medicinal way to do this.  There are cosmetics on the market that you can use such as Dermablend, available at Ulta.

In both cases, you should be able to google these suggestions to get more information.

Best wishes on your journey!  💖💖💖

I’ll keep this in mind, thanks!

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos1
  • image.jpg
testing