cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Trans is Beautiful
|

Group Announcement: Trans is Beautiful

Trans_RT2_circle.jpg

Sephora is committed to celebrating all of our communities. We value our trans, non-binary, and gender non-conforming communities because everyone deserves representation in the beauty industry. We're launching this new group because we believe #TransisBeautiful

Our diverse trans community members and allies may be seeking advice and have knowledge to share. This group will provide a safe space to connect, share looks, and swap tips.

Like everywhere else in the Beauty Insider Community, this is not a place where intolerance, negativity, judgment, assumptions, or impoliteness will be tolerated.

We are so excited to launch this new group and look forward to creating a supportive, safe space to connect and learn from each other.

RE: Group Announcement: Trans is Beautiful

I just started working at Sephora and I'm proud to have found this group. My bestie hasn't been to a Sephora since 11 years ago when she was still living as a man and would accompany me on my shopping trips while we were dating. She's coming to visit my family for the holidays next week and I cannot WAIT to show her around my store. ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ

Re: RE: Group Announcement: Trans is Beautiful

@FairyCatmother I am just seeing this comment but I would love to know how your trip to Sephora over the holiday went with your friend. You should invite her to this group as a resource if she ever wants to ask for tips or is seeking an online community space ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Anonymous Insider

Re: Group Announcement: Trans is Beautiful

I'm so happy about this group! I'm 27 & trans female-to-male, and on Black Friday last week, I went shopping with my sister. We went to Sephora and as I was looking at skincare products, a woman who worked at the store approached me to see if I needed help. I was hesitant but I've been struggling to find a good system for my acne.

I told her about my transition and that I never had any acne until after I started my hormone therapy so I didn't know how to deal with it. She was so incredibly helpful and gave me a bunch of samples and recommendations. She made me feel less anxious about my skin and helped me feel more comfortable when it comes to finding treatments.

Thank you Sephora for being so inclusive and making it easy to seek out solutions and tips! I appreciate it more than you know.

Anonymous Insider

This is so cool!

Thank you so much Sephora for your support!
Anonymous Insider

Thanks so much Sephora! I went to the location in Penneys at Valley View Mall in Roanoke, VA and was immediately greeted and helped by a young staffer who was very friendly and supportive. I felt comfortable and supported. Thanks. I will be going back.

Laci, I have been there too! Roanoke used to be my home! Live in Carolina now but still get up there and visit that store...so helpful there! Hope you enjoy!

Thank you Sephora! It makes the transition a little easier knowing there are allies out there willing to help without judgement. 

Hoping to see a class in Scottsdale  or Prescott AZ soon! I could use a gentle nudge.

Way to go, Sephora! Another positive reason to shop at your stores & online. ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’—

love you โค๏ธ

Anonymous Insider

โค๏ธ
Anonymous Insider

wow this is so encouraging!!! โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ˜
Anonymous Insider

There should be a disclaimer that this isnโ€™t true of all Sephora outlets. Classes are not available at either of my local ones.

You can also submit a message to classes4confidence@sephora.com 

and let us know where you are located so we can either match you up with a store hosting an upcoming Bold class or help set up with a one-on-one session with one of our Senior Artists. Please note, Sephora Inside JC Penney is not currently offering Classes for Confidence and not all Sephoraโ€™s have class facilitators but we do have experts in all our stores who can help with your beauty needs.

Hi @Anonymous - are you referring to our Bold Beauty classes? This new group is part of the Beauty Insider Community experience and separate from classes... Because the group is online it's available to anyone, anywhere. 

If you were talking about classes, I know that the team managing our Bold Beauty classes is always open to feedback. Is there a store(s) you are hoping to see this class offered? I would be happy to pass that feedback along!

This is wonderful! โค I am happy to see Sephora making more progress to be all-inclusive โค

๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’–

Iโ€™m so happy to see this โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ

Very cool!

Way to go Sephora! This makes me so happy!โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • Trans_RT2_circle.jpg
  • 70E22744-AC66-447F-936B-0BE1EC372A17.gif