From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

Skincare Aware

Skincare Aware

• 416460 Members
  • 15593 Conversations
  • 250+ Photos

For those who skinCARE about their face and body routines. Discover the best skincare product recommendations and get answers to common questions about 3, 5, or even 10 step routines.

For those who skinCARE about their face and body routines. Discover the best skincare product recommendations and get answers to common questions about 3, 5, or even 10 step routines.

Choosing a different post order may automatically update the order of the posts that are displayed to match the selected order.
Sort By:
Most Recent
New Reply in Skincare Aware
Basic skin care routine
|
Re: Basic skin care routine
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: I've had great results with a simple routine of Cetaphil gentle cleanser, witch hazel toner, and Cetaphil daily facial moisturizer ...read more
I've had great results with a simple routine of Cetaphil gentle cleanser, witch hazel toner, and Cetaphil daily facial moisturizer. It's gentle yet effective, and hasn't caused any irritation or breakouts.And I agree that proper nutrition plays a great role. Cutting out sugar and drinking more water helped me a lot. My skin became cleaner.
National SPF Day ☀️
|
Re: National SPF Day ☀️
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: @ather, it doesn’t make my hair / scalp oily or greasy. I will note that it has an herbaceous scent that may not be for everyone. ...read more
@ather, it doesn’t make my hair / scalp oily or greasy. I will note that it has an herbaceous scent that may not be for everyone. It’s the cica in it, I think. If you’re familiar with some herbal scents from KBeauty sheet masks, it’s similar to that - not the medicinal hanbang scent but the leafy, herbaceous scent.
Recent images from this conversation
Milk Hydro Grip primer - any reactions?
|
Re: Milk Hydro Grip primer - any reactions?
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: I have had the same thing happen to me. It’s awful.i was trying a steroid cream and now an antibiotic gel. Nothing was helping. So ...read more
I have had the same thing happen to me. It’s awful.i was trying a steroid cream and now an antibiotic gel. Nothing was helping. So glad I started looking at the reviews on this. Red raised bumps/patches all over my chin. They’re sometimes painful and slightly itchy. It’s a shame because I really enjoyed that primer.
I need a new skincare routine!
|
Re: I need a new skincare routine!
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: Face wash: CeraVe acne face washToner: glow recipe pore tight Moisturizer: lanige water bankacne treatment: neutrogena stubborn ac ...read more
Face wash: CeraVe acne face washToner: glow recipe pore tight Moisturizer: lanige water bankacne treatment: neutrogena stubborn acneHope this helps! Good luck with the acne!
Bumps on chins
|
Re: Bumps on chins
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: I have the same problem! For me I have been using ordinary salicylic acid. It makes a difference I promise.
I have the same problem! For me I have been using ordinary salicylic acid. It makes a difference I promise.
Black head troubles
|
Re: Black head troubles
GO-GETTER V INSIDER
Reply: @nav15 I agree with @SportyGirly125 I really recommend that you see a dermatologist, or at least your primary care doctor, to he ...read more
@nav15 I agree with @SportyGirly125 I really recommend that you see a dermatologist, or at least your primary care doctor, to help diagnose & treat this. On BIC we may try to help but we are not medical professionals so there is a limit to the advice we can give. I wouldn't want you to get advice or information that is wrong and end up doing more harm than good. A derm or doctor would be able to help much better.
Advice on Face Moisturizers - Tata Harper Water-Lock
|
Re: Advice on Face Moisturizers - Tata Harper Water-Lock
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: I feel the same way @Suzanne713 switching it up and trying something new, it's just good fun.  I actually have a nice GWP sized b ...read more
I feel the same way @Suzanne713 switching it up and trying something new, it's just good fun. 💝 I actually have a nice GWP sized bottle of Caudalie Premier Cru Anti Aging Cream Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 1.6 oz/ 50 mL but I haven't gotten around to trying it, from what your saying I should get to using it. It's that good eh? 😀 Ah yes, the sets the roll out this time of year, the deals on some are so good! I have my eye on one or two I'm hoping don't sell it before the fall sale.🤞🤞
My nose
|
Re: My nose
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: acnes pimple patches r the best fr
acnes pimple patches r the best fr
💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖
|
Re: 💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖
GO-GETTER V INSIDER
Reply: @lmaster thanks, will definitely check them out! ...read more
@lmaster thanks, will definitely check them out!
HELP
|
Re: HELP
NEWCOMER III INSIDER
Reply: @Lila2333 I also have wavy/frizzy hair and have found both Davines OI All In One Hair Milk for Softness and Shine 4.56 oz / 135 ml ...read more
@Lila2333 I also have wavy/frizzy hair and have found both Davines OI All In One Hair Milk for Softness and Shine 4.56 oz / 135 ml is a great option if your hair is finer in texture and easily weighed down and the Davines OI Hair Oil for Softness and Shine 4.56 oz / 135 ml is fantastic if you have thicker hair (really the whole Davines Oi line is great for frizzy or wavy hair - I've been using it on and off for years - the shampoo and conditioner or mask are excellent and they have a hair butter if your hair is more thick or textured). You can use the Oi Milk (which is a lighter mist applied to clean, damp hair) alone on clean hair before styling, layer the mist with the Oi Oil (which comes in a pump) before drying or use the oil before styling or after on dry hair to smooth out any frizz. I'm also seeing a lot of improvement with use of K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL (I started by trying the mini size and ended up getting the full size bottle). It's pricey but concentrated and replaces your usual in shower conditioner (you apply to shampooed, towel dried hair and then wait a few minutes before proceeding with other products). After holding out a long time having tried Olaplex in the past and not really getting the hype, I'm now finding it's a product line that plays really well with my hair type. For frizz in particular, I highly recommend #Olaplex No. 9 Bond Protector Frizz Reduction & Heat Protectant Hair Serum 3 oz / 90 mL (a thicker product you apply before drying that still doesn't really weigh hair down) and Olaplex No. 7 Bonding Frizz Reduction & Heat Protection Hair Oil (a lighweight oil that I love using on dry hair before heat styling in particular...I find I only need a few drops so it lasts forever, it's also often given as a free sample by Sephora so relatively easy to try for free). I know the wavy/frizz struggle and hope you find something that works & would also love to hear if you find another product you recommend if you add it to this post!
212,813 Posts