Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Top 5 face masks

Being in the masking challenge thread got me wondering what your top 5 face masks are (sheet or wash-off).  I like face masks, so please share your favourites and why.  

Thanks!

My favourites, in no particular order:

Wash-off/overnight:

1. Juice Beauty Stem Cellular anti-wrinkle mask- softens and soothes. I love it every time I use it.

2. AMOREPACIFIC - Treatment Enzyme Peeling Masque

It is so nice for the enzymes working their magic on my skin, softening and smoothing.  And my skin isn't irritated!

3. Origins Drink Up™ Intensive Overnight Hydrating Face Mask with Avocado & Swiss Glacier Water 2.5 oz/ 75 mL

It is great for hydrating overnight!

Non-sheet masksNon-sheet masks

Re: Top 5 face masks

The older I get, the more money I give to skincare and less for makeup. Especially after discovering some of the best skincare masks out there & none are cheap. Never been a fan of sheet masks but I will break my own rule after I discovered WANDER BEAUTY Baggage Claim Gold Undereye Masks, never have I seen such amazing results from any Undereye treatment, especially an adhesive gold foil sheet drenched in serum that is applied under the eye until discovering these life changing little gold foils. My other favorites are a staple on everyone’s list, none other than drunk elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial. My skin has never looked better than since I was introduced to & became a loyal, once a week user of the famous Babyfacial. Another great mask that i saw immediate results & those results have only gotten better the longer I use it is Glow Recipe’s Watermelon Sleep Mask. I never imagined I could look so radiant in the morning au natural. I’m a big fan of fresh too & need to look into the Black Tea Extract mask with all the rave I’ve heard about it. 

Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial™ AHA + BHA Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL GLOW RECIPE - Watermelon + AHA Glow Sleeping Mask

WANDER BEAUTY - Baggage Claim Gold Eye Masks

So hard to only name 5 masks so I’m not going to include any sheet masks even though I do like them.

1) drunk elephant baby facial- amazing skin afterwards

2)volition detoxifying silt gelee mask I feel like it cleans out my pores without drying out my whole face.

3) origins drink up intensive overnight mask- great as a sleeping mask

4) YTTP super berry mask- lovely hydrated skin

5) fresh- lotus mask- hydrating and can give a gentle scrub prior to washing off. FRESH - Lotus Youth Preserve Rescue Mask Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial™ AHA + BHA Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL Origins Drink Up™ Intensive Overnight Hydrating Face Mask with Avocado & Swiss Glacier Water 2.5 oz/ 75 mL Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 mlVOLITION BEAUTY - Detoxifying Silt Gelee Mask

RE: Re: Top 5 face masks

II dont see the Drunk Elephant tlc babyfacial on the site ☹️ i hear so many good things about it but I just don’t see it on the website

Top best-smelling masks:

1. Perricone MD cocoa mask- smells like delicious cocoa!

2. Origins Drink Up™ Intensive Overnight Hydrating Face Mask with Avocado & Swiss Glacier Water 2.5 oz/...

- fruity delicious 

3. GLOW RECIPE - Watermelon + AHA Glow Sleeping Mask - watermelon anyone?

4. Creme Shop Cookies and Cream sheet mask- deliciousness in a sheet mask

Oh great thread idea, @l8totheparty 🤗

My Sephora habit leans HEAVILY to skincare so I have a lot more opinions on masks versus, say, lipstick. So, I’ll separate my masks out by type for you because how I mask depends 100% on time available and my mood (lol)

Wash off:

• DE Babyfacial. Sucks that it’s so expensive but really, it works. It’s an entire facial in a bottle and o swear my face looks ~lifted~ after using
  • PTR Pumpkin Enzyme (here I am copying @Shosh85 ‘s list. I promise there are some other suggestions, hang tight!). So, don’t use this right before or after the aforementioned Babyfacial because, ouch too many acids. But, this is what I use when I want to *scrub* my face. There is a tiny bit of tingle but it goes away quickly. Then you can just scrub scrub scrub away that skin. 
  • Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight. This is in a tube, which is the only thing that really separates it from the Glamglow Thirstymud. This is a heavy moisturizer for the winter or a great lazy day “I don’t want to wear makeup and want to make my skin happy mask.” No need to wash it off like the instructions say
  • Origins Charcoal mask (it’s a much more complicated name I can’t think of right now and I’m too lazy to look up). I’ve literally gone through more than 5 tubes of this. It’s a great, not drying, and cleans out my pores without using acids. It’s simple and clean and great. 
  • Origins Dragonfruit (also has a more complicated name but, you know). This is my newest favorite. Lots of moisture, a tiny bit of exfoliation. It feels like smoothing yogurt on your face and soothes my nose after having that horrible tissue nose rub situation. 

Sheet mask brands:

• The Creme Shop forever and always ❤️ I love all the ranges except the animal face type.
  • Lapcos. You can purchase these at Costco, world market, Facetory and Anthropologie. Honey is my favorite but I really enjoy all of them
  • Facetory brand. I’ve really enjoyed all the masks they’ve created!
  • Dr. Jart Ceramindin sheet mask
  • Oozoo brand masks. My favorite are the bear mask or the rose ampoule

Hope that helps!

@scott1201 @Shosh85 

Did you know you can't get babyfacial in Canada Sephora???!  I think it has to do with % of certain acids in the product. 

@l8totheparty   Wow. I learn so much about Canada on here!  I wonder how many countries are like that. Maybe they need a lower % version for non US markets. 

Yes but then I'm sure the results won't be the same, @Indy701, As it's probably the % of the acids that makes this product good.

@l8totheparty  Yup, I have heard that. Such a bummer!

@scott1201 Haha! The Babyfacial and PTR Pumpkin Enzyme are definitely favorites for a lot of people! That Origins Dragonfruit is a great one and I really enjoyed the Lapcos Honey! I will always have a place in my heart for The Creme Shop and I think the fusion line is my most favorite. 😃

This is super hard for me! -especially with the sheet masks! I feel like top 10-20 would be easier and can probably think of 10 others just off the top of my head that could also easily make the top 5 😂 But here are the five I went with:

Wash offs:

• PTR Pumpkin Enzyme and Summer Friday's Overtime mask (No, I can't choose between the two- it's seriously an even tie with these!)
• DE Babyfacial
• Farmacy Honey Potion
• GlamGlow ThirstyMud
• SKINFOOD Black Sugar Strawberry Mask

Sheet masks:
• The Oozoo Royal Jelly Fresh Capsule Mask
• The Saem Natural-Tox Apple Sheet Mask
• The Creme Shop Correct Solutions Color-Correcting Orange Sheet Mask
• HABA Green Smoothie Mask
• A. by BOM Ultra Royal Glow Queen Mask

ETA: Even though it feels like cheating I was given permission by @l8totheparty to list off more - so I went with it and here are 10 more of my favorites: 😂
Spoiler

• Patchology Get Dewy With It Mega Moisture Moodmask

• Leaders Bye Bye to Dry

• TCFS Coconut Ceramide

• Pixi Glow

• SECRET KEY Honey Banana Mask Pack

• The Oozoo Bear Water-Bang Hydrating mask

• JAYJUN COSMETIC Honey Dew Green Mask

• The Creme Shop Cafe Mocha Fusion

• The Creme Shop Cold Brew

• The ART:CELL Aurora Pearl Mask Pack

These are also a few brands that I've either tried all or almost all from and haven't run across one I didn't like: (Just to clarify; I would consider Leaders, Mediheal and Yadah to be solid brands as well, but I haven't tried all of them or haven't liked all the ones I have tried)

• Peripera Juice/Smoothie Time masks
• BioBelle (with the exception of the primer mask)
• Laniege Water Pocket Sheet Masks
• Frudia 

Also throwing in my favorite sleeping masks: (I know they're technically wash-off masks, but I feel like they're in a classification of their own😉)

• YTTP Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Mask (Winter months)
• Glow Recipe Avocado Melt (transitional months)
• Origins Drink Up Intensive Avocado & Swiss Glacier mask (summer months)

What an extensive list, @Shosh85 ! That PTR pumpkin and Farmacy Honey Potion have got a lot of love on this thread! 

And I have not tried *any* of those sheet masks, but I love that Origins Drink up!  It would be on my list.

@l8totheparty Haha! yeah, it is pretty extensive! Sorry, I tried, but this is super hard to narrow down! 😂

Top 5 face masks

I've been on a sheetmask spree these past few weeks I've been obsessed! laneige sleeping mask leaves your skin super moisturized use before bed (blue pckg). so does the Saturday skin mask (pink package)! I swear by the glam glow eye renewing sheet mask. the origins summery sheet masks are ok but don't do as much in my opinion as a pharmacy mask or glamglow or Dr. jarts

My top wash-offs as of right now:

1. Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Anti-wrinkle Replenishing Mask (calming and softens)

2. Amorepacific Treatment Enzyme Peeling Masque (acids make skin smooth, yet gentle for my skin)

My top sheet masks (I do not have experience with many):

AMOREPACIFIC - Treatment Enzyme Peeling Masque

1. Creme Shop Softer than Cookies 

2. By Nature Acai Berry sheet mask

3. Creme shop Tumeric

4. Lanocreme soothing face mask Manuka Honey

*masking list subject to change 

Nobody has mentioned one of my favorite wash off masks which is the Perricone MD Cocoa Moisture Mask. It smells  just like a decadent chocolate and I enjoy the beads when they open when I massage my face. 

@Loretta55 That is such a great mask! It really does smell soooo good! Who doesn't love spreading chocolate on their face?! 😂🍫😋

Walmart  dot ca carries this mask. @Loretta55 

Walmart dot com us site also carries the mask @l8totheparty . Thank you very much for letting me know !

Um what?!  A chocolate mask?!  

*off down that rabbit hole*

@Loretta55 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos5
  • Non-sheet masks
  • AC3438AF-749D-4EF3-AB87-E8A54489B187.jpeg
  • C4C06E7F-93A6-4E6C-BC80-D63E5BF2B3CB.jpeg
  • 026B98B3-032F-4E4C-9431-552D2DB360B0.jpeg
testing