Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Thoughts on makeup remover cloths (Sephora black magic & makeup eraser)

What do you guys think of it? Are there dupes you've tried? Is it really better or similar to cleansing oils?

i normally use Shu Uemura, but thinking these cloths will be cheaper in the long run...and prob more environmentally friendly if I use less cotton pads for eye makeup removal.

Re: Thoughts on makeup remover cloths (Sephora black magic & makeup eraser)

I love Sephora's Coconut Water cleansing wipes.  They are gentle, but remove the days' makeup.  I also tried the Rose cleansing wipes and they are equally as awesome.  The rose ones have a great scent IMHO and use both.  I stock up when they are in stock.  I pray because they are currently out of stock they aren't doing something cra-cra like changing the formula!  I have not tried cleansing oils - don't like the idea.

I've never tried cleansing oils, only makeup remover cloths, and I have one of the mini makeup erasers. I really like the makeup eraser over the cloths! I'm able to get off my waterproof mascara/eye makeup with it, (which may make it sound like the makeup isn't waterproof, but I've not been able to easily get this makeup off with washing alone). I just have to rub a little bit more on my eyes than the easy swipe over the rest of my face. It feels like I've just washed my face when I'm done, and seems really clean. But I then I wash my face afterwards anyways because I have oily skin and use an oil-controlling soap. Plus the cloth is super easy to throw into the wash with my towels.

Overall, I would recommend trying them! I like that I'm generating less waste. I think one's results may sometimes depend on what kind of makeup they are using and how much, though.

Dollar Tree sells microfiber cloths (just like the makeup eraser and Sephora black magic) in packs of 3 or 4. I cant speak on the difference between cleansing oils but the cloths work amazingly well. I wash my face with a cleanser and then go in with the cloth and it removes any leftover traces of makeup...and I'm usually surprised how much is left even after cleansing! Id recommend seeing if you can find any at your local dollar tree. I mean, cant beat it for $1.

RE: Thoughts on makeup remover cloths (Sephora black magic & makeup eraser)

I like the makeup remover cloths I have a few sets for everyday use while it's true like others said it doesn't get rid of waterproof eye makeup it gets rid of everything else I then go over my face with miscellaneous water to get rid of any traces of makeup.

I use them to take off my make up or freshen up but the expensive ones don't even thoroughly clean your face. I use the neutrogena ones. But I love the Sephora coconut ones!! I still have to wash my face in the AM and PM.

Re: RE: Thoughts on makeup remover cloths (Sephora black magic & makeup eraser)

Did you use the Sephora black magic cloths or Makeup Eraser? 

They are microfiber cloths, you can get them from Dollar Tree or Daiso. Also there are a ton of cheaper cleansing oils that are excellent quality.

The Sephora black magic cloths are amazing. Easy to keep clean, too (toss in the wash with your dark colours), and great price point. I keep one in my travel bag (I travel a lot for work) and one at home. This way I don't have to bring makeup remover with me! One less thing to pack 🙂 I find I only ever use it now when I use waterproof mascara (the cloths don't work well to take this off, trust me and don't try it!).

I used a Makeup Eraser Mini this past week while on vacation. I was very hungover and could barely get out of bed so I brought this to bed with me because I knew I had to at least attempt to get the makeup off my face. Even with my hungover random wiping, it did a decent job of removing my makeup. It did not fully remove the mascara, but it was waterproof and was doing it without checking a mirror. It seemed to mostly remove everything else though. My cousin even said, "wow that thing did a good job". I'll still bring it on travel with me, but I would definitely follow up with a good cleanser as well.

RE: Re: Thoughts on makeup remover cloths (Sephora black magic & makeup eraser)

The make up eraser is amazing!! Mine is a mini but gets all my make up off. Especially eye make up which is hard to get off even when washing your face. Everyone needs one!! L o l
Anonymous Insider

I wouldn’t use wipes. Use a cleansing oil to remove makeup...then wash face with cleanser. You will notice a huge change in skin too!!!

I agree and that's how I do it. My skin is the best it's ever been since I started oil cleansing. It doesn't burn your eyes and gets waterproof mascara and eyeliner off easily.
12 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 16 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing