Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Starting skincare

I’m 30 years old and have always had fine lines  and wrinkles around my eyes however im

noticing them now more than ever. I’ve never had a skincare routine and I’m always breaking out. I’ve got large pores, redness and acne scarring. 
i recently started using cetaphil gentle cleanser and cetaphil moisturizing lotion. Also bought cetaphil spf 30. 
#skincare #theordinary #skincareroutine #acne

I have combo skin with oily ness on my nose. Black heads too. I heard great things about The Ordinary and The Inkey List products. I have a low budget and trying to figure out what products I need and being careful not to mix certain products together. 
I got the basics- cleanser, moisturizer and spf. Trying to add treatments and serums to get clear smooth skin 😞 I also want to reduce the look of wrinkles and fine lines around my eyes. 

what do you recommend?? Any advice is very helpful! 

Re: Starting skincare

Bakuchiol is a gentle alternative to retinol, which targets both acne/texture, and wrinkles/fine lines 🙂

Re: Starting skincare

@maryamq08 That's a great start if you have nailed down the basic of cleanser, moisturizer and sunscreen! From there you can pick out some add-ons to target any concerns you may have. The Ordinary and Inkey list are great options - another one would be Good Molecules. 

For the oilyness and blackheads you'd likely want something salicylic acid and that can come in TONS of forms that you can use a couple times a week 

For the fine lines and wrinkles by your eye, you can invest in a eye cream or serum and again tons of options. I usually use caffeine products which will help with puffiness and plumping  under the eye to get rid of fine lines

Alternatively there's also The INKEY List Retinol Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL which will help with deeper wrinkles and packs more of a punch in promoting cell turnover. Retinol can just be a little irritating/drying so just something to be aware of. 

Hope that helps! 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing