Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare routine for kids

My daughter is getting pretty interested in skincare and I was wondering if anyone would have any recommendations for a skincare routine for children. The age range is 10-13. 🤗

Re: Skincare routine for kids

The ordinary and bubble

I recommend drunk elephant b-hydra serum but be careful some of them have retinal

image.jpg

Love, one of the highlighted ingredients of the DE serum is Sodium Hylauronate. That ingredient specifically targets fine lines and wrinkles. That product is designed for aging skin. 🥹

Although there’s nothing wrong with a child using it (as in, nothing to cause irritation and/or damage), it’s still not an appropriate option for individuals aged 10-13 years. Plus, it’s $66 CAD?! That’s 5 hours of working a minimum wage job (here) to afford that. There are many other HA serums that are more appropriate for a tween. 

I recommend supergoop! Its this brand that makes sunscreen fun they have fun packages for the younger people at sephora!!!

Get something without many actives something like the bubble cleanser and moisturizers could really do the trick on her young skin. At that age they just need something to clean and moisturize their skin 

hi! i would recommend products from sunday riley! although they can become expensive they are great for young skin!

Start her with sunscreen or moisturizer with sunscreen early!

I think you could really get any skincare as long as it doesn't have retinol. Some other things with skincare are a little bad for kids so watch out for terms like these,

1. "reduce fine lines"
  2. "firming"
  3. "lifting"
  4. "plumping"

Other than those 4 things I think you're good. If they have sensitive skin be a lot more careful and usually steer clear of scented products but always look out for retinol. If the product has retinol then you shouldn't get it.

Bubble or anything with out retinal cream

Bubbles 

I absolutely recommend a trip to the Dermatologist.

Especially at the ages you shared. 

Good luck and keep us posted. 

in terms of skincare i would be careful about which products to purchase for them since they are so young. lots of products, including drunk elephant, contain ingredients like retinol, vitamin C, aha + bha, niaciamide, any sort of chemical exfoliant, anything including parabens or fragrance, that can be harmful to youth/children’s skin. i would also avoid benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid unless they have an issue with acne. i would stick with a very gentle cleanser, a basic and gentle moisturizer, and a sunscreen. skincare that is listed as clean at sephora and is specifically for sensitive skin, and doesn’t contain harsh ingredients would be the best bet. even better if you can find something made for kids. the Glow Recipe Avocado Cleanser is good and the glow recipe watermelon glow pink juice moisturizer, but Glow Recipe definitely has products not safe for kids so stay away from everything else. Evereden has a line of skincare specifically for kids which would also be more suitable for a young teen. i would probably say Evereden is the way to go. hope this helps! CeraVe (not at sephora) is also a good brand and dermatologist recommended. their hydrating cleanser is very gentle, and they have a facial moisturizer with spf in it! 

I think Origins would be a great line for a child that age, since they have a lot of products without actives, that would be fun for a kid to use and get in the habit. Origins Checks and Balances™ Frothy Face Wash 1.7 oz/ 50 mL is very luxurious-feeling and works for all skin types. Their Origins A Perfect World™ Age-Defense Skin Guardian with White Tea 1.7 oz/ 50 mL serum feels wonderful, and just has antioxidants, no actives. SuperGoop is your best bet  for finding a good sunscreen. Sunday Riley Pink Drink Firming Resurfacing Peptide Face Mist is also fun, and harmless. 

Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 16 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos1
  • image.jpg
testing