Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare routine / advice

Hey y’all, I’m 25 & live in South Louisiana. The weather here is super hot & 100% humidity. 
  Prior to both hurricanes I was suppose to see a dermatologist, but never got the chance. Almost being 26 I’ll soon be off my parents insurance, so idk how worth it would be to go and see her now. 
Anyways my skincare routine is

• Garnier micellar water (blue) AM/PM
  • Thayers Unscented witch hazel Toner AM/PM
  • Cerave overnight cream AM/PM
  • LRP Anthrlios Mineral SPF 50 PM
  • Bliss clear genius toner/serum PM

Ive noticed since adding Bliss nightly that my acne has subsided, but I still have tons and tons of under the skin bumps, blackheads, active acne, inflammation, etc. 

Again, it’s definitely improved, I’ve been doing it nightly for prolly 2 weeks now. 
What should I do to get rid of so much texture, blackheads, closed comedones, inflammation? 😫

Re: Skincare routine / advice

It looks like you're off to a good start, @Chefsurahh. I'd give the Bliss a bit more time to see how it works out for handling some of the acne issues you're still dealing with. As mentioned below, it can take actives a few weeks to really help straighten things out. One thing to consider in the meantime, is adding a water-based cleanser to your routine. Micellar water is an oil-based or first cleanser that's good for removing sunscreen and makeup, but following it up with a water-based cream or gel cleanser would really help keep your skin clean and may, in turn, help with keeping your pores unclogged. Also, the Bliss toner/serum contains witch hazel as an ingredient so you may be overdoing it by using that with a witch hazel toner as well. I might alternate nights with those or ditch the Thayers altogether. 

Thank you so much for taking the time out to read and respond to my post. I always go a couple days of decent acne then horrible cystic acne that just keeps on keeping on.

My face is soo congested with blackheads. I’m even getting that bumpy skin on my cheeks now. A year ago I did not Have this skin. So humiliating. 

Hi @Chefsurahh ! I love Kate Somerville EradiKate Daily Cleanser 4 oz/ 120 mL . It is a gentle cleanser with anti acne ingredients. So is this one Proactiv Solutions Renewing Cleanser , but it may irritate your skin. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions 😊

Thank you for new ideas! I’m always confused on... do I keep the cleanser simple & use treatments? Or treatment cleaners  

@Chefsurahh Great question! It kind of depends on your skin. Because I have acne, I like to use treatment cleansers as well as leave on treatments, but that could be irritating for you. For a leave on product, I’d suggest The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 2 oz/ 60 mL and I love this moisturizer SEPHORA COLLECTION All Day Hydrator - Hydrate & Glow 1.69oz/ 50mL . It is totally up to you! If you’re looking for a cleanser that is more gentle, yet acne fighting, the Kate Somerville one I recommended is so so gentle. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions 💕

Hey!!! So I’m not a PRO but I will tell you what’s worked for me when it comes to closed comedones. I started using this anti-dandruff shampoo called ‘Nizoral’ ($15 @ walmart or target) & you just lather it up in your hands and use kt like a face mask for about 15-20 minutes & rinse. It kind of dries your skin out, so moisturize right after!!! Also try niacinamide!! It can be from the ordinary or inkey list or a different brand but trust it will help!! Good luck miss thing ❤️

I got that same brand shampoo for that reason! But I don’t think I was consistent enough with it. How many times have you used it in a week? 🙂

@Chefsurahh I think if you can make it to see a derm it's always worth it! Even an initial assessment can give you additional insight to your skin. 

The Bliss toner/serum is a BHA product so that should help but it can take 2-12 weeks to be effective. 

For inflammation products with niacinamide and centella can l reduce redness and irritation. (like The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL or Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Serum )

For additional help with texture a gentle AHA chemical exfoliant I found is helpful (my fave is REN Clean Skincare Mini Ready Steady Glow Daily AHA Tonic 3.4 oz/ 100 mL

For all products though they take awhile to kick in so just remember to stick with it and apply sunscreen 😊

😈 thank you! I think I’ll finally order the Niacinamide.. I’m in a FB group for The Ordinary products and lots of people give good/bad reviews on it. I think I should just give it a try Anyways. 
  I also had the same thought on going see the Derm. Like it’d prolly do more good even just 1 visit. 
  So much to do and think about after 2 major hurricanes hit back to back 😭 

thank you so Much sha ♥️

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing