Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Sheet Masks: When should I put on a serum?!

Okay so I realize I should know this by now, but hoping someone can help me with some skincare 101. I love my nighttime skincare routine but always trip up a little on when (or if) I should be using a serum when I decide to mask, especially with sheet masks. I know that the excess product from the sheet mask should be soaked in and sealed with a moisturizer. But does is make sense to put on a serum/oil after I mask or am I just wasting product and overstimulating my skin?  

RE: Sheet Masks: When should I put on a serum?!

Ideally the serum is meant to be a concentrated treatment. It's the powerhouse of whatever issue your trying to target. Sheet-masks are amazing to use for a quick touch up or add-on but again that really depends on what skin concerns your trying to target. Hope that helps. 😊

I don't usually but it's definitely preference. For insta...

I don't usually but it's definitely preference. For instance if your serum is to target wrinkles but the essence is brightening then, yeah there's a reason to use the serum. My serums are often active oils so I def put it on after a sheet mask not before

Re: Sheet Masks: When should I put on a serum?!

I think it's up to personal preference, but I believe most people prefer to put on their serums before a sheet mask in order to help it sink into the skin. then as you mentioned, seal it in with some moisturizer. 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing