cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Sensitive, acne prone, dry skin

Hello BIC!

I have sensitive, acne prone, and dry skin and I would like some skincare recommendations.

Whenever I use skincare products, I always have 3 outcomes: it causes acne, it causes dry skin, or it causes both! There is no better result! I use The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL and a topical Clindamycin prescription for my entire skincare since that is the only routine I found effective for myself! 
I would like some mild skincare recommendations for my skin (sensitive, acne prone, and dry).

Thank you!

Re: Sensitive, acne prone, dry skin

Hey girl!

I have sensitive, acne prone skin and centella asiatica (sometimes called "cica") is my ride or die. It has anti-inflammatory & wound healing properties, which is SUPER beneficial for acne. Additionally, it's very soothing & really helps to support the your skin barrier—I find that super important when using any strong active, such as Clindamycin. It has helped me a lot with tretinoin's side effects ❤️

It doesn't appear that much in Western products, but centalla asiatica is a really popular ingredient in K-Beauty. There are a lot of different serums that contain it. 

My absolute FAVOURITE centella serum was the PURITO Centella Unscented Serum; they recently reformulated and I haven't gotten my hands on the new product yet. It's now called "Purito SEOUL Wonder Releaf Centella Serum Unscented."

I also loved the matching moisteriser. It's their Centella Unscented Recovery Cream (now named "Purito SEOUL - Wonder Releaf Centella Cream Unscented").

I've also heard great things about the SKIN 1004 Madagascar Centella Asiatica 100 Ampoule. I prefer Purito's serum because it also contains niacinimide, peptides, and ceramides—those are all super helpful in maintaining a strong skin barrier. However, if you just want pure centella, SKIN 1004 is really good.  

Both products should be non-comedogenic. SKIN 1004 explicitly states that they've conducted clinical trials to confirm this, but I'm not too sure about Purito. However, their product description mentions that it was Dermatologist Tested, completed the HPRIT test (which is to see if it's hypoallergenic), and completed the Sensitive Skin Suitability test. All of these tests were conducted by the Korea Institute of Dermatological Sciences. 

Hopefully I'm not overwhelming you with information, lol—I'm just passionate about my obsession with this stuff. If you want, I can give you updates once I get the updated serum in the mail! 

P.S.—if you see this within the next 2 days, it should still be on sale on Yesstyle. There's a mother's day sale right now and everything is about 20% off I believe. Yesstyle shipping can be really long but it's much cheaper than buying it at most in-person locations here in Toronto. Good luck! ❤️

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing