Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Please help! Red Bumpy Acne Sensitive Skin

Hi Community! 

I would really appreciate people's input on what is going on with my skin. I have had redness / bumps/ un-eveness on my cheeks for years and I am finally trying to take action on it. Pictures below show red and bumps acne on forehead. 

I have purchased so many different products and now I don't know what to use. I am desperate. If anyone could set me up with which of these i should be using I would be so grateful. I know less is more and I feel like a crazy person with how many products I have at this point...

These are the cleansers I have:

Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL

PHILOSOPHY - Purity Made Simple Cleanser (used for years don't think it did much)

belif Aqua Bomb Hydrating Jelly Cleanser 5.41 oz/ 160 mL (tester size)
OLEHENRIKSEN Pore-Balance™ Facial Sauna Scrub 3 oz/ 85 g

olehenriksen wonderful double cleanser 

These are the moisturizers I have:

FIRST AID BEAUTY - Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Hydra-Firm Night Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

OLEHENRIKSEN - Sheer Transformation® Perfecting Moisturizer

BELIF - The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb

obagi medical IDR exfoliating and hydrating lotion (was super $$ wish i knew if it worked)

+ tons of lancome anti aging creams (absolue, regnergie lift day/night)

Toners I have:

REN Clean Skincare Ready Steady Glow Daily AHA Tonic 8.5 oz / 250 mL

belif Aqua Bomb Hydrating Toner with Hyaluronic Acid 6.75 oz/ 200 mL

obagi medical clenziderm pore therapy salicyclic acid 2% (strong but tightens skin so much)

Serums/sleeping masks:

OLEHENRIKSEN Invigorating Night Transformation™ Gel 1.0 oz/ 30 mL

OLEHENRIKSEN - Truth Serum® Mini

belif Aqua Bomb Sleeping Mask 2.53 oz/ 75 mL

OLEHENRIKSEN - Glow Cycle Retin-ALT Power Serum (tester sizes)

lancome genifique 

Eye Creams:

BELIF - Moisturizing Eye Bomb

lancome anti aging creams

IMG_1443.jpgIMG_1444.jpgIMG_1445.jpg

Also trying to drink gallon of water a day. please help!!!

Re: Please help! Red Bumpy Acne Sensitive Skin

@ccd123  You might have a skin condition, like rosacea, that requires diagnosis and treatment recommendations from a dermatologist. Rosacea can mimic acne. 

I know how hard—both logistically and mentally (the last thing I wanna do right now is visit any doctor’s office and risk viral spread; I have a lot of anxiety about that)—it is to get a derm appointment right now. If you can wait til April 17, Dr. Dennis Gross will be doing a live chat right here on BIC! https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/Live-Skincare-Consultations-with-Dr-Dennis-Gross-Derma...

That might be a good opportunity to explain your skin condition/issues and show photos to a dermatologist, and get some advice. I’m sure he’ll recommend some of his own product line, but that’ll at least point you in the right direction. Besides, some DDG products are quite good and effective. 🙂 

@ccd123have you seen a doctor or derm about it? It almost looks like an allergic reaction to me. Even if you don't go to a derm you can get an at-home allergen testing kit through your doctor (like get one they would recommend so you know it's legit) to make sure that isn't the cause.

Otherwise, my second thought is perhaps fungal acne? I know you already have lots of products but if you can find a reasonably priced sulfur acne treatment I'd perhaps give that a try. I know I had some success with KATE SOMERVILLE - EradiKate™ Mask Foam-Activated Acne Treatment though they have some other treatment options, the Sunday riley line has some too but I have to believe there's a drugstore option out there you could try to see if it works *generally* before upgrading to a more expensive option

Thank you so much! I will likely try to make a derm appointment but not sure when that will be with the current situation. 

Certain products i use will burn my skin, such as AHA Ren toner and the salycilic acid so maybe it is an allergic reaction.

Thank you again, really appreciate it. 

Yeah @ccd123 , my skin reacts poorly to salicylic acid too and while the sulphur helped with my acne I did get an allergic reaction to a higher concentration product, so that's a no go for that reason- always a struggle

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos3
  • IMG_1443.jpg
  • IMG_1444.jpg
  • IMG_1445.jpg
testing