Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Skincare Consultations with Dr. Dennis Gross, Dermatologist and Brand Founder

ddg-chat-bubble.jpgThis thread is  now closed. Thank you for all of your questions - we hope you enjoyed our @drdennisgross Live Skincare Consultations.

Is anyone else missing their dermatologist right now? Wouldn’t you love an opportunity to speak to an expert, world-famous derm right here on the Beauty Insider Community? Mark your calendars because Dr. Dennis Gross is getting ready for his first-ever Live Skincare Consultation in the Beauty Insider Community on Monday, April 20th.

This thread will be open to your skincare questions starting April 17th and will be closed at 5pm PT sharp on Monday, April 20th. Not only is Dr. Dennis Gross a practicing dermatologist but he is also the mind behind some of the Community’s favorite products of all time, including his beloved DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - Alpha Beta® Universal Daily Peel. The doctor will be “in session” answering YOUR questions so get ready – you can ask anything from which products to layer for your skintype to recommendations on taking care of your skin while many of us are staying indoors. Pro tip: Upload a photo in your reply for more personalized advice. If Dr. Gross can see your skin, he may be able to offer better help and product recommendations!

Want to ask Dr. Dennis Gross your skincare question? Click the 'Reply' button below (not the chat icon on the right)!

Re: Live Skincare Consultations with Dr. Dennis Gross, Dermatologist and Brand Founder

Hello Sephora Beauty Community,

Thank you all so much for stopping by today – this made Monday fly! I thoroughly enjoyed connecting with every single one of you-your questions and comments always get me thinking about my next formulation!

If you have any follow-up questions or want to learn more, be sure to sign up for one of my Masterclasses happening this week. Sign up here: https://bit.ly/SephoraMasterclass 

Stay safe and well!

Until next time,

Dr. Dennis Gross, M.D.

Dr Gross.jpg

Re: Live Skincare Consultations with Dr. Dennis Gross, Dermatologist and Brand Founder

@drdennisgross 

Thanks for chatting!! 

RE: Live Skincare Consultations with Dr. Dennis Gross, Dermatologist and Brand Founder

Hello, I am 28 years old and have really bad frown lines “11” lines between my brows and fine lines on my forehead is there anything I can use to try to eliminate these? I feel as I tryed so much and nothing has worked, I just started getting them within the last year and I find I can’t wear makeup anymore as everything is starting to just sit in these lines. Thank you

Re: RE: Live Skincare Consultations with Dr. Dennis Gross, Dermatologist and Brand Founder

Hi @Ashh8 - thank you for your question! Deeper lines and wrinkles are caused by a loss of collagen. I would suggest incorporating ingredients that help to stimulate your skin’s natural collagen production such as vitamin C and retinol. AHAs and BHAs such as those found in our Alpha Beta Daily Peels can help smooth your skin’s texture which will help the makeup lay better on your skin.

Hello, 

I am 43 and I have dark spots, including in my upper lip from the razor. What can I do?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi @IsacatasusiI see upper lip discoloration often and it’s usually the result of hormonal changes, pregnancy or trauma (shaving, waxing) - all of which can be a bit stubborn to treat. I recommend a combination of light chemical exfoliation with a good hyperpigmentation treatment. I like a combination of Vitamin C, Kojic Acid and Arbutin because they work at multiple layers within the skinIf your darkness is too stubborn for these topical treatments, there are very effective laser treatments that you can look into, then use the above as aftercare. Whichever route you go, it is imperative that you use a strong physical sunscreen whenever you’re treating dark spots. I’d suggest an SPF 40 at minimum.

Anonymous Insider

RE: Live Skincare Consultations with Dr. Dennis Gross, Dermatologist and Brand Founder

Hi Dr! I have hyperpigmentation/dark spots around my cheeks, what products do you recommend?

Re: RE: Live Skincare Consultations with Dr. Dennis Gross, Dermatologist and Brand Founder

Hi @sselina30thanks for your question!  Hyperpigmentation is a very common problem that can show up for a number of reasons. Regardless, I like to take a 3-step approach to it: exfoliate, treat, protect. I recommend chemical exfoliation with AHAs/BHAs(like glycolic, lactic and salicylic acids), hyperpigmentation treatments that use ingredients like Vitamin C, Kojic Acid, Arbutin and then protect the skin with a physical sunscreen (titanium dioxide and zinc oxide).  Within my line you could use my Alpha Beta Daily Peel in the appropriate strength for you, my Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Clinical Grade IPL Dark Spot Correcting Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL and my DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - Dark Spot Sun Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 50.

Dr. Gross, what's the percentage/acid concentration in your Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta™ Advanced Liquid Peel 2 x 1 oz/ 30 mL?  How does it compare in potency to the DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - Alpha Beta® Extra Strength Daily Peel?

Hi @CookieGirl1, I actually get this question a lot! I love it because it gives me an opportunity to educate on my approach to formulating. While I understand many are curious to know percentages, it is actually the combination of the active ingredients that matter most because it allows me to attack the problem from a number of angles. That being said, mDr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta™ Advanced Liquid Peel 2 x 1 oz/ 30 mLthe strongest of all of my at-home peels uses a combination of 7 alpha and beta-hydroxy acids plus the enzyme bromelain at the lowest allowable pH. This means it provides the most comprehensive exfoliation of my peels- even stronger than my DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - Alpha Beta® Extra Strength Daily Peelformula. Extra Strength has a blend of 7 different acids at a slightly higher pH and no enzymes. Formulating Extra Strength this way allowed it to be potent, yet safe for daily use.  

@drdennisgross thank you for the explanation!  I have used the extra strength peel pads but didn't feel that they provided noticeable results for me; perhaps I need to look into the Clinical Peel system instead.

Hi @drdennisgross 

I use DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - Alpha Beta® Extra Strength Daily Peel DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - Stress Rescue Super Serum with Niacinamide and Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare DRx SpectraLite™ FaceWare Pro should I apply all fave care before Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare DRx SpectraLite™ FaceWare Pro

Hi @GG84 - thanks for your question! I recommend using your Faceware Pro on clean dry, skin. After the automatic light has shutoff, you can follow up with your Alpha Beta Daily Peel, serums and then moisturizer.    

Dr. Gross, 

I am 42 with dry sensitive skin. I have history of cystic acne which hasn’t recurred in about 5 years. I have developed a cyst on my chin and I don’t have much to treat it but warm compresses. It is not painful; any suggestions for treatment? Usually my skin is clear. I have used prescription retinoids in the past. I don’t feel that I can exfoliate and now my skin looks dull, never mind the huge thing on my chin. It does not appear to have a core or center, either. It is just red. I am only using moisturizer and serum and/or Argan oil for moisture. Pic with no filter!! -Thanks, Rachel

image.jpg

Hi @RG27! I like the idea of a warm compress, but I would recommend following that with a sulfur-based treatment just on the spot to try and draw out the impurities and reduce its size more quickly.  Blue LED light is also excellent for killing the bacteria that resides deep within the skin.  As for exfoliation, I recommend avoiding scrubs of any kind and stick with gentle chemical exfoliants.  Lactic and mandelic acids are perfect for dry sensitive skin types- they help to exfoliate and hydrate at the same time.  Just be sure to include a physical SPF 30+ in your daily routine.

Hi Dr. Dennis,

I am 23 and I don’t get much acne as I have taken accutane but I find that my skin is overall just kind of dull and sometimes have clogges pores. What do you recommend I use to solve this

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi @Vicarvan - thank you for stopping by! If you’ve been off of Accutane for 6 months, I’d recommend adding alpha and beta hydroxy acids into your regimen.  They will not only help with the dullness, but also clogged pores. Other ingredients like farnesol, willow bark and phytic acid also help to keep the pores clear, while Vitamin C will help improve your glow and any textural scarring you may have.  Just be sure you are wearing an SPF 30+ daily I recommend a physical sunscreen, meaning it uses titanium dioxide and zinc oxide instead of chemical filters.  

If you have additional questions, be sure to sign up for one of my Masterclasses THIS WEEK on Wednesday, 4/22 or Friday 4/24. I will be addressing concerns by skin type! Sign up here: https://bit.ly/SephoraMasterclass 

Is your LED light mask safe while breastfeeding?

Hi @thesavistyle1 - thank you for your question! I would say no, as we are unable to perform safety testing on lactating mothers. There is just not enough research out there to say otherwise.  

I have had these two dark spots(near jawline and middle of cheek) appear within the last year. I’m 43. The top spot is a birth mark. I have been using vitamin C for about 4 months in the morning and retinol at night. I also use sunscreen and moisturizer. My dermatologist said a laser would get rid of these spots, but it is very expensive. My sister has had hyperpigmentation with lasers, so I’m reluctant to try it. Please advise 🙂

177 Replies
testing