Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Peter Thomas Roth Mask Mashup Gratis

I just received a gratis package from @peterthomasroth, which is the Mask Mashup 6-Piece Kit. I can't wait to try everything and give some feedback. Thank you so very much @SephoraBIC and @peterthomasroth

It contains a sampler kit with 6 of PTR's most popular masks. Specifically, it contains Irish Moor Mud Purifying Black Mask (Purifying, Decongesting, and Hydrating), Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Gel Mask (Restoring, Revitalizing, and Brightening), 24K Gold Pure Luxury Lift & Firm Mask (Lifting, Firming, & Glowing), Cucumber Gel Mask Extreme De-Tox Hydrator (Soothing, Hydrating, & Detoxifying), Hungarian Thermal Water Mineral-Rich Atomic Heat Mask (Nourishing, Hydrating, & Restoring), and the Pumpkin Enzyme Mask Enzymatic Dermal Resurfacer (Exfoliating, Peeling, and Polishing).

I didn't see any other threads on this yet nor did I see an official thread to post about this gratis package, so hopefully it's ok that I'm posting this. 

I'm so excited to give these a try and share what I think!!

Here are some photos:PTR2.jpg

PTR1.jpg

Congratulations to the following masking lovelies who also received this wonderful surprise (I'll try to update as needed, but let me know if I've missed anyone):

Spoiler

Also...I will add this here as well so nobody misses it!!
The PTR Mask Mashup is occuring this weekend (June 21-23) for everyone to try any/all of the PTR masks they would like and share their feedback!
@eshoe put a survey up in the masking thread and will post results on Monday so everyone can add their thoughts.
Please see the 2019 Mask of the Week Challenge thread for more info:
https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678#M83796

It looks to be the sampler I've tagged:

PETER THOMAS ROTH - Mask Mashup

Re: Peter Thomas Roth Mask Mashup Gratis

Thank you Team BIC and Peter Thomas Roth for this generous gift! It's been a busy summer and having these masks on hand to unwind at the end of these long days has been so nice! 

One that I enjoyed the most is the Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud Purifying Black Mask 5 oz. I applied this after a long day with many layers of SPF applied, and it really helped my skin feel clear, refreshed, and so smooth. Followed up with my moisturizer, my skin was so happy.

I've used the Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask Enzymatic Dermal Resurfacer 5 ozin the past and really like it when my skin is really rough or dry. It really.clear away dead, flakey skin and leaves the surface feeling smooth and clear. I always follow up with a rich cream to hydrate and moisturize. 

The Peter Thomas Roth Hungarian Thermal Water Mineral-Rich Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

is a soothing treat. I applied the mask and let it sit for 3 minutes before massaging it into my skin with damp fingers. The warming sensation felt so lovely and calming, and left my face feeling clean and refreshed. 

When I saw the Peter Thomas Roth 24K Gold Mask Pure Luxury Lift & Firm 5 ozI was apprehensive about how it would work. Applying it felt surprisingly moisturizing and calming. I noticed that it looks very glowy and settles down almost like a thick serum. Once I rinder the mask I was happy with how luminous my skin looked, but I didn't notice a difference in the firmness of my skin, but I think that such a difference would take time and consistant use. Overall I really enjoyed this one.

The Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask Extreme Detoxifying Hydrator 5 oz

is a really great mask to use at the end of the day, I was so excited to get home from an afternoon at the pool to dive into this refreshing mask! Apying it feels refreshing, cooling, it's also comperae to a serum. It left my skin feeling deeply hydrated and calm. 

The Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Gel Mask 5 oz

felt cooling on .y skin when I apied it, I noticed right away that it has a strong Rose fragrance which was truthfully a bit overwhelming. This applies like a lightweight cream and sits comfortably on the skin. Once washed away, my skin was left feeling refreshed and clean but I didnt really notice any substantial differences. 

Thank again so much to @peterthomasroth, Sephora, and the HIC team for sending this generous set over! Congratulations to everyone else who recieved this! 

20190828_210912.jpg

@bakeamuffin Congratulations on receiving this gratis 

Congratulations on receiving this Sephora/Peter Thomas Roth Gratis, @bakeamuffin ! 

Thank you for your reviews on all the masks! 

Yaaay @bakeamuffin!  😊 Congrats on this gratis, hon! 

Thank you @PrettyPaint   for starting this thread.  I was completely surprised when I received my gratis PETER THOMAS ROTH - Mask Mashup from @peterthomasroth and @TeamBIC in the mail.  Apologies in advance for taking some time to get my review up.  As many of the masking mavens know, I have ingredient sensitivity so this initially threw me for a loop.  So I decided to try the products on my hands.  First up, the Cucumber Gel Mask on my hands.  I applied a thick layer evenly over the tops of my hands.  This was the least fragrant of all the masks. It dried faster than I expected - less than 10 minutes - so I washed it off.  Although there was soothing aspects to the mask, it did leave my skin feeling tight.  Some Cerave to complete the mask / hydration process left my skin feeling soft.  I also have tried the Rose Stem Bio-Repair Gel mask.  The mask application was easy and again I applied a thick layer.  I washed it off after 10 minutes.  I felt this was more hydrating than the cucumber mask but I did have some sensitivity to the ingredients.  It passed shortly and I also applied Cerave afterwards which left my hands feeling soft.  I believe the masks work as intended.  So the rest of the masks I gave to my mom to try as I think she will enjoy them more as she does not have the chemical and fragrance sensitivities that I have.  She was also excited to try them  and there was plenty left over in both the cucumber and rose mask for her to use as well.  Overall, I think PRT mask kit is nice - it is well packaged, pleasing to the eye and the travel size makes it perfect for carry-on travel or a gift.  Since I'm ingredient challenged with this product it would not be one that I would buy for myself but I would buy it for family or friends.  Thank you for allowing me to try the product and provide my review.  IMG_20190721_142306645.jpg

Congrats on receiving this @MCSSavvy. Sorry you have so many skin sensitivities. I have pretty sensitive skin as well, but it sounds like your skin is definitely more sensitive than mine. Out of curiosity, are there certain ingredients that you've been able to narrow down that bother you in particular? I need to start a spreadsheet of things I'm sensitive to, so I'm always curious what others do. 

@PrettyPaint  -  In a sense, yes.  It took nearly a year after one exposure to advance from pure Aloe Vera gel to baby cream (frag free, sulfate free, paraben free, etc.) before I could even trial "adult" skincare.  I stuck with what I knew worked - and it was trial and error from there.  I found products that work well for me and still have tried others - sticking with the basics of what I know works well and generally if I stray from frag free / no added fragrance, sulfate / paraben, phthalate free, typically EO free products that I tolerate then I encounter sensitivity or allergic reactions. Not sure if that makes sense, but that is my approach. I love gratis and to be able to try new products.  In this instance, I had to be more creative in my approach to the product.  

I was feeling some morning masking, so I decided to give the Peter Thomas Roth 24K Gold Mask Pure Luxury Lift & Firm 5 oz a try. It doesn’t really seem to be on anyone’s top 3 lists, but I wanted to try it out for the ~luxe~ experience😂

Spoiler

I've been gone for a minute, but I'm back with the last of my first impressions!

I already have the Hungarian Thermal Water Mask, so this post is all about the 24K Gold Mask. This review will be short and simple because this mask was quite lackluster for me when I used it as part of my usual mask routine.

Spoiler
There was no immediate stinging or burning on initial application, and this mask is sooooo sparkly! Those are definite pluses in my book. I left the mask on for 20 minutes, and my face did feel a bit softer after washing off the mask, but it didn't feel more lifted or firmer. This must be a mask that needs to be used for an extended period of time to see more drastic results. I would not purchase the regular size jar at full price, but I might take it for another spin if the mask is on sale. Grade: B

Ok... so it has been a bit slow moving over here (my face decided to break out so I had to take care of that before I could honestly review the masks)... but I am finally ready to provide some of my thoughts!!! So far, I have had the opportunity to test out the Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask Enzymatic Dermal Resurfacer 5 oz, the Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask Extreme Detoxifying Hydrator 5 oz, and the Peter Thomas Roth Hungarian Thermal Water Mineral-Rich Atomic Heat Mask 5.1 oz/ 150 mL.

1. Pumpkin Enzyme Mask Enzymatic Dermal Resurfacer:

Directions: 

Apply a thin layer to clean skin. Gently massage in a circular motion with wet fingertips to polish. Leave on for three to seven minutes, depending on skin sensitivity, and let the AHAs and enzymes work. Rinse thoroughly. Use one or two times per week.

Claims: 

This powerful, triple-action, manual, chemical, and enzymatic exfoliating treatment addresses a dull, aging, and congested complexion in three ways: it exfoliates with pumpkin enzyme, reveals with alpha hydroxy acid, and polishes with aluminum oxide crystals. It also helps even the appearance of skin tone, smooth the look of fine lines and wrinkles, and clarify to reveal skin that looks smoother, younger, radiant, and revitalized.

First of all, let me tell you, I am BEYOND delighted that this mask actually ended up smelling like pumpkin (I was about to be really disappointed if it didn't)!!! Mmmm, yummy yummy... 😋

So I followed the directions, gently massaging the mask all over my face, and then left it on for around ten minutes (rebel... I know). The consistency was gritty and somewhat goopy, but not necessarily in a bad way. The product DID feel like it was polishing my face a bit, but I tend to have particularly stubborn skin. For the average person, the combination of manual and chemical exfoliation would probably be sufficient. But for me... the mask wasn't quite strong enough. I felt a little bit of tingling while the mask was doing its thing, but not a whole lot. Plus, when I washed everything off, my skin looked about the same as it did before I applied the mask. 

I would have to say, unfortunately, that I was a bit underwhelmed by the experience. It could be possible that I would need to use the mask a few more times, in regular intervals, to see the full benefits. But for now... eh. Not my favorite. Not my least favorite. 

2. Cucumber Gel Mask Extreme Detoxifying Hydrator:

Ok... soooo... full transparency... my boyfriend was super interested in trying this one out during one of our masking "spa" days, so I am going to try my best to translate his man slang in to a (at least somewhat) helpful review. 😂

Directions:

Apply a generous coat on clean skin. Allow mask to remain on for 10 minutes. Rinse with cool water. Use two to three times a week or daily for intensive hydration. 

Claims:

This ultra-gentle gel helps soothe, hydrate, and detoxify the look of dry, irritated skin with botanical extracts of cucumber, papaya, chamomile, pineapple, sugar maple, sugarcane, orange, lemon, bilberry, and aloe vera. It’s ideal for helping to calm and soothe the skin's appearance after sun exposure, peels, waxing, facials, and extractions. 

During our most recent spa day, I finally managed to convince my boyfriend to try Elizavecca's Hellpore Mask (the world's most painful peel mask according to the internet). I use it about once every couple months when my skin needs a good reset and I need my fill of face torture. Because PTR's Cucumber Mask claimed to help calm post-facial/waxing/extraction/etc. skin (and my boyfriend happened to pick it out of the many options I brought), I thought it would be perfect to use after Hellpore. 

The mask was super easy to apply, went on smoothly, and my boyfriend said he felt an instant calming affect on his skin (good news)!!! I was hesitant to try this one out, as other cucumber masks that I have used in the past had such a strong cucumber smell that it was almost overwhelming. Not this puppy!!! The cucumber scent was actually quite subtle and pleasant!!! About eight minutes after application, my boyfriend seemed a bit uncomfortable and asked if the time was up. When I said he still had a bit longer, he voiced that the mask had become drying and almost felt itchy. I touched his face and noticed that nearly all of the product had dried down to a weird, tacky, leftover film. Thus, we decided to wash it off early, and all was well.

For those considering this mask, I would say the short-term, calming benefits are great. However, make sure to apply PLENTY of product and consider washing it off a bit earlier than instructed. 

3. Hungarian Thermal Water Mineral-Rich Atomic Heat Mask:

Directions:

Apply generously to clean, dry skin. Massage and leave on for up to three minutes, then activate the flash of heat by wetting fingertips with cool water and massage the mask into skin. Once heating sensation diminishes, rinse thoroughly. 

Claims:

This mask helps reduce the look of fine lines, wrinkles, dullness, uneven skin tone, and texture for smoother, healthier, and younger-looking skin. A botanical blend helps replenish, nourish, and moisturize skin, while kaolin clay and magnesium sulfate help open pores and draw out impurities in an invigorating flash of heat.

Ok straight up though... WHO MADE THIS PACKAGING?! As a graphic designer, I totally understand the color scheme, and the yellow, shiny typography looks bomb on the front of the tube. On the back... different story. You just can't see it. Like... at all. Like... AT. ALL. So, friends, family... do yourself a favor and look up the directions on a phone or computer. A consumer should NOT have to go out of their way to hunt down the directions for a product they have right in front of them but... I guess that's the way this one works. 😒I mean... why even print them on the tube at all... but anyway... rant over. ✌️

I found the consistency of this mask super interesting and unique. It is almost like... gritty and smooth at the exact same time. It has virtually no color and glides all over the face like an odd moisturizer/clay mask hybrid. Either way... you got my attention. Me like.

I left the mask on for five minutes (still a rebel) and didn't notice any strong sensation or fragrance. So, now for the fun part. I wet my fingers with cool water and began massaging the mask. It did heat up a BIT. Not a whole lot but... some, yes. Once everything was washed off, my face felt pretty nice. I'm not sure I am able to completely describe it in words... but I think I liked it. It is definitely one that I will try again, if nothing else, because the entire experience was just so weird. And you know ya girl is down for anything odd. I think it did hydrate my skin... but in a way I have never really felt before. I just... yea I have no idea. But... good. Definitely good. 👽

I will continue to test the three remaining masks throughout this week and report back with the findings, friends. As always, much love!!! 💖

Thank you again to @SephoraBIC  and @peterthomasroth  for the amazing gift!!! 

That was a great and in depth review @SchylarR!

Thanks!!! 😊 @Loretta55 

A full in-Depth review on the Irish moor to follow but quick recap on the Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask Extreme Detoxifying Hydrator 5 oz

i used it the “proper” way (according to the directions which I rarely follow in real life 😂) when I did my initial review. I’ve since used it in other ways: under-eye mask, cold from the fridge and as a sleeping mask.

cold - AMAZING. It was refreshing and my face felt soothed and bright. Definitely love to use it this way, although it’s not always practical (partly because I can’t really carry it around cold and partly because I may or may not forget it’s in my fridge). I patch tested it on redness I had on my forearm from driving (and stuck in traffic in the hot sun), and it went away.

eye mask - This was also very nice. My undereye was hydrated and soothed. I find this area to be most susceptible to irritation, especially when I accidentally bring my CAUDALIE - Vinoperfect Brightening Glycolic Essencetoo close to that area. This didn’t irritate at all and was enjoyable to use. I prefer a gel like this versus a eye patches because no slip and sliding around!

sleeping mask - I wanted to love it. And I kinda do. I mean, it wasn’t the worst. I did feel the same benefits as when I used it as a regular wash off mask (soothed, hydrated, maybe some brightening), but the tackiness of the gel didn’t totally dissipate overnight. I didn’t notice anything on my sheets/pillow, but I wouldn’t have been surprised if it ended up everywhere because it doesn’t feel like it dried down. I’ll stick with my laneige for this purpose, but when travelling I would bring this because it’s a good multi-purpose product

@cianni, I used your idea and put the cucumber mask under my eyes tonight as an eye serum.  I like it so far!  It's allergy season which is wrecking havoc with my eyes - I'm happy to put something soothing on them.

@curlychiquita yay!!!! Happy to hear it worked out for you too ☺️☺️ Allergy season is the worst 😒

Thanks so much for the great review @cianni. I can't wait to try it on the undereye area. So glad you didn't experience any irritation. 

I have been meaning to post a review for the pumpkin enzyme mask. I had used this in the past, but my stash was completely out and it was great to revisit it. This is still (unsurprisingly) my favorite mask by the brand. Even though I have sensitive skin, it has never left me with any irritation, and it is very efficient at exfoliating and clarifying my skin. It's one of those products where I can really notice a difference after using it. The overall texture of my skin appears and feels improved.  And the smell is so amazing. I think they got it just right! It's not just a spiciness - you can actually smell the pumpkin too. Yum! 

By the way @peterthomasroth  - would you ever consider adding some additional pumpkin-scented products to the lineup? If so, I would completely love this. Like a pumpkin face cream? Please, please, please? I would like to keep the smell on my face for longer 🙂

Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask Enzymatic Dermal Resurfacer 5 oz

@PrettyPaint I second the motion on the pumpkin-related products. This mask and scent are too good to not have a cleanser, moisturizer, serums, all the things! @peterthomasroth 

@quspork  I would most certainly purchase an entire pumpkin line, that's for sure 🙂

I would also purchase an all pumpkin line of skin products @PrettyPaint@quspork ,@peterthomasroth.

1 Reply
Photos50
  • PTR2.jpg
  • PTR1.jpg
  • IMG_20190614_150200.jpg
  • D9B93052-9F70-48E0-966F-40B7ADEDCB9C.jpeg
  • 89584066-8616-427E-983B-DA6B9558B622.jpeg
  • 18430.jpeg
  • 20190617_173009.jpg
  • F2AB10D7-83DE-4BBB-8D47-665FB8ACA03D.jpeg
  • photostudio_1560876190109.jpg
  • 895F0E8D-2C0F-439B-B746-E5941E4063E6.jpeg