Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Itโ€™s May, Hurray! ๐ŸŒธ We are almost 1/2-way through this yearโ€™s challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Masks that Make You Hungry ๐Ÿ˜‹Is it the scent..or the packaging? Which masks make you crave a yummy treat? It is no surprise that this weekโ€™s delicious theme is brought to you by none other than @itsfi! ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿต

Letter of the Week:  U

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Shosh85, that "brighten" (yuzu) mask is great! ๐Ÿ’› My favorites so far are that brighten one and the "travel" sheet mask. Those two stand out as being ones that I would repurchase; they're probably each masks I would repurchase as well for the specific purpose of comparing them to similar type of masks to see which of those masks perform better.

The "clarify" mask is also a good one and near the top of the pack; that one was a surprise for me (a good surprise). The "hydrate" one is fine enough, but I feel like there are so many masks out there that are good at hydrating the skin, like this "firm" one did as well, that that particular "hydrate" mask has stiffer competition. I don't know if I've used the "calm" or "shink pores" versions or if I did, it was a while ago and I don't have my notes for them anymore - eeeek! 

Iโ€™m doing a large product purge this past few weeks and am on to clay/cream masks now.  J is for just using things up.  

This is my second use of the Glamglow pink gravity mud this week.  The tiny pot had just enough for two generous applications.  Iโ€™ve loved this peel off mask with its light coconuty scent for years in all its variations (I have a few) but itโ€™s time to use them or toss them.  

282D5100-A830-4244-BCEF-87C8A830DB3C.jpeg

โ€ƒ

5DF3F6A0-39A9-4706-8A55-422E310FF2FE.jpeg

@heartsmyface  Oh, I love it! ๐Ÿ’– Glamglow has definitely got some great smelling products! ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85  Yes!!  And Iโ€™m forever appreciative of the little pink spatulas that come with their masks!  I still struggle applying any cream/clay mask smoothly but they help.  

Another +1 on that lovely Glamglow scent, @heartsmyface 

@quspork   The scent should be bottled as a perfume.  

The glamglow smells awesome! @heartsmyface 

@lmaster Yeah the scent carries these.  My skin does feel softer after using them but a lot of other masks do the same thing.  They were one of the first mask brands i ever bought at Sephora if not the first so they carry a little nostalgia.  

What a gorgeous pink @heartsmyface! Love the coconutty scent on the GlamGlow products. Transports you to a tropical getaway! ๐Ÿ˜ 

P.S. Your les Merveilleuses de Laduree collection in the background is gorgeous!! ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi  The peeling part is fun too!  I very much appreciate a peel off mask which doesnโ€™t require you to remove your peach fuzz first.  

Funny thing- theyโ€™re on display but I always forget I own them so hardly use them until I bring them down to my counter.  

Following @Shosh85's lead, I started off the week yesterday with an H for honey ๐Ÿฏ, one of my favorite hydrators. ๐Ÿ’› This one also nets a check in the "Masks Good Enough To Eat" box. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I did take a little taste and, it didn't really taste like anything; It was a little disappointing (though not unexpected) that it didn't taste like honey; but at least it didn't make me wince. Love the theme @heartsmyface โค๏ธ I'll have to see if I have any other masks that are good enough to eat.  Paired the sheet mask with some other honey centered goodies, all of which I've used before and love. That Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair Honey Hair Mask is a favorite; I've stocked up but I wouldn't be sad if they made it a permanent part of their lineup. Sooo good. 
H - honey Dr Ceuracle.jpg 
Spoiler
Material, Essence/Serum & ScentThe scent on the goopy, amber honey hued, jelly-like essence saturating the bio-gradable cotton cellulose of the Dr. Ceuracle Vita Propolis Antioxidant Mask reminds me a little of the Secret Key Banana Honey Mask, though the scent on this Dr. Ceuracle mask is less fruity, sweet and pronounced than the Secret Key (psssst, @Shosh85).

Fit & Adherence: The fit on this mask is overly large for my face shape as there is quite a bit of extra material all around the perimeter, which means it will be suitable for many face shapes and sizes. The size and shape of the holes for the eyes, nose and mouth are near perfect, with the only adjustment needed being a slight incision to the bottom inner corners of the eye holes to ensure that none of the essence would get too close to my eyes or worse, into my eyes. 

Adherence is wonderful - the mask wore comfortably for the half hour that I had on the mask and I felt like my skin was being nourished the entire tie. Such a lovely feeling. Ahhhh. There's plenty of essence too so I could have easily left the mask on for an additional 15-20 minutes, possibly longer, without it coming close to drying out. 

Claims, Performance & Results: The mask claims to brighten, moisturize, and with its antioxidant ingredients, protect the skin from signs of aging and pollution (i.e., anti-polluaging). Hard to speak to the latter anti-polluaging claim with one use (and I'm not entirely sure how I would even fact check that claim - something to think about...), but it really hits the mark when it comes to brightening and moisturizing. Immediately after removing the mask and pressing in the excess essence to help it fully absorb, my skin looked and felt hydrated, moisturized, plump and dewy, with no noticeable tacky or sticky feeling. This morning, after my skin had time to really take in all the goodness from the essence, my skin looked happy - refreshed, brightened and with no dryness or flakes; just soft, clear, supple skin that looked and felt nourished (which for me, means hydrated and moisturized).

Overall Thoughts:  I'm a big fan of honey so most honey masks start off on a good note. This one continued to be praiseworthy.  A definitely repurchase. ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿฏ 

Hurrah for another honey mask love, @itsfi! Looks like you are making some progress with the lip (gloss?) on the left, too ๐Ÿ™‚

@eshoe, yep; working my way through some lip balms and oils; easy to go through them quickly in the winter.

@itsfi ohhhh jelly like essence?? Sounds great!

@lmaster, it was very nice. My skin was happily hydrated after using this one.

@itsfi  Mmmm, one of my most favorite themes! ๐Ÿฏ I really love that lip oil and have wondered about the sleeping mask - do you like it? I thought I remember you saying there was one product from the Milk & Honey line you didn't like? ๐Ÿค”

@Shosh85, my face, lips and hair have yet to be upset when I decide to mask with a honey theme. lol. ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿฏ So I'm going to keep on doing it whenever I have the chance. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Excellent memory, Shosh! From this A'Pieu line, I've used the lip scrub, lip oil and lip sleeping mask. The lip oil is by far my favorite of the three products. The lip scrub is the one I like the least. It comes in a tube form, which I like for its hygienic qualities but at least the tube I had, the scrubbies were so fine, too fine; but even so, I'd hardly get any in the product when I did manage to get some out of the opening. I am finding that I like lip scrubs in jars better. I use one of the mini spatulas from another product to scoop out the scrub. Now, the lip sleeping mask has grown on me. I've realized that I tend to be very gentle with my products and with the lip sleeping mask (and any lip product in this type of container, I just need to dig my fingers in and scoop it out; or, use a mini spatula.

@itsfi   Oh yum!!!  All those honey products look so good! Iโ€™m nearing the end of my second last bear mask.  Haha, i must really love it if iโ€™m stressing over it when I have hair masks bursting out of the cupboards.  :). 
Also Iโ€™ve been masking and taking photos all week  but havenโ€™t been getting on long enough to do reviews.  I wanna get back to posting here.  I miss you all.  

I know! Those cupboards really need to hold more, don't they @heartsmyface?! Hahaha! The Briogeo honey bear hair mask is just so good. ๐Ÿฏ Love it! Love the scent. Love how soft and nourished my hair feels after using it. Love the cute packaging. Love it all!  ๐Ÿ’– After the initial launch, I hoped Briogeo would at least consider bringing it back in a holiday set. Now I'm really hoping they make it a permanent part of their collection. ๐Ÿคž

Miss you tons, hearts!! ๐Ÿค— Awesome that you've been masking and taking photos. ๐Ÿ˜ We'll be right here whenever you have time to post! Stay warm!!! 

G is for Goodal and gifted.

Mugwort sheet mask + mugwort teaMugwort sheet mask + mugwort tea

Summary (TL;DR) - The soft and very  thin bamboo material of the Goodal Mugwort Infused Water Mild Sheet Mask adheres comfortably to my skin as the fit, with some adjustments, can be tailored for my facial features. Despite its thinness, the environmentally friendly bamboo material has enough resiliency to it to hold, without weighing the mask down or making it feel heavy, the subtly herbal scented, watery essence, of which there is enough to last for at least an half hour of wear, without feeling like it is drying out. Results-wise, the mask lives up to its soothing claims as it felt nice and cool against my skin and left my complexion looking less flushed in certain areas. This mask would make a wonderful choice after a peel, or for those occasions when you need some down time or "me" time, and is one I would happily repurchase.

Detailed Review:

Spoiler

Mask:

Goodal Mugwort Infused Water Mild Sheet Mask

Claim(s):

Soothing

Material:

Bamboo sheet mask (claims to be 100% environmentally friendly)

Fit:

Very nice; adjustments needed to the inner bottom corners of the eyes and outer corners of the mouth. Length was a smidge too long but I ended up just folding up the extra.

Adherence:

Incredible

Essence:

Thin, light and watery; there is a lot of essence in this mask and extra in the packet as well.

Scent:

Subtle, herbal scent - it smelled calming, if that makes sense

Notable Ingredient(s):

artemesia extract (mugwort)(1,000ppm) - 4th ingredient listed

Performance + Results:

The mask feels soothing, cooling and relaxing when worn. I used this after a peel so I welcomed all three of those effects. Some of the redness on my cheeks seemed to have lessened by the end of my half our mask session. There was enough essence in the mask that I probably could have kept it on for another 10 minutes or so without it feeling like it was drying out.`

What I Liked:

Pretty much everything. This is a nice mask for unwinding, either after a long day or when you just need or want to give yourself a relaxing "time out"

Area(s) for Improvement:

(1) Accessiblity - I discovered these masks almost 2 years ago and am seeing them pop up more frequently now. I'm not sure if that means they are becoming more available on the US market or if they are being phased out. I certainly hope its the former as these are lovely masks.

(2) Added Fragrance - I don't necessarily mind added fragrance, especially when, like here, it's the last ingredient listed and itโ€™s subtle, but having no added fragrance would make it more user friendly to everyone. That said, it does make me wonder what masks in general, and this mask in particular, would smell like if added fragrance was not included. Hmmm...

Overall Thoughts:

The Goodal masks in this line have peformed well for me. This is my third, maybe fourth, mask from this series and they've all rated very good to excellent. I plan to try all of the masks from this line, or at least all the ones I have. I imagine there will be at least a few I will repurchase.

A huge thank you to @lmaster for her generosity in gifting me this mask, along with other fabulous goodies. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜ Iโ€™m pretty sure I posted this to the unicorn mail thread but I canโ€™t seem to find it. Oh no! Grrr!

Spoiler
lmaster unicorn mail.jpg

Your use of the letter of the week is genius, @itsfi ๐Ÿ˜‰ It is safe to say that the generosity here is beyond measure!  

Very beautiful tea cup and stand ๐Ÿซ– 

9,810 Replies
Photos1,727
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg