Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Hello Lovelies! As we make our resolutions and check them twice, I thought we could start a skincare version of the Weekly Challenge. Many of us wanted to use more masks, shop our stash and focus on our Skin so hopefully this thread will be an inspiration to do just that. Join us with pictures and comments down below.

Masking Spreadsheet Info

Spoiler

Hello every, @eshoe and I are very happy to present the BIC Masking Challenge Spreadsheet. The idea is to have an easily searchable database of masks and reviews as a reference point when we are considering our next purchase. Data integrity was important to us so instead of everyone inputing data directly into the spreadsheet where theoretically information could be deleted or edited we have the questionnaire. It should take no longer then 1-2 minutes with the option for a more detailed review (which you can copy from your post on this thread).

Remember the idea is not to replace this thread. I personally love reading, commenting and interacting with all you amazing women here and that shouldn’t change. This would just be on top of that. Hopefully the more people that partake in this, the larger database of information we’ll have for reference. It will be extra effort in the beginning but then we would only need to input any new mask we’ve tried.

Additional Info:

Spoiler

Since we aren’t allowed to post links, please PM or myself for it. You will also find this information on the original post so you don’t need a database to search for this post!

Incase you need some help to filter/search results, try this :-

Search Specific Word or Phrase —> Edit -> Find and Replace -> Search Word

Filter/Organize by Columns --> Data -> Create a Filter -> Select Options

There are 2 ways to edit a response: 

1) Once you have completed a survey, click on the "Edit Your Response" link on that page. Once this page is closed, the only way to make a change is to:

2) PM @Aaliaa or @eshoe to make the change directly in the response spreadsheet

Thanks @eshoe for putting this together!

Rules

Spoiler

Each week there will be a new Masking Challenge posted. It will range from type of mask, brand specific week or fun challenges along the way.

Choose mask, take picture (with mask on or before), place mask on face, relax and dream of the next Sephora purchase you want to make, remove mask for healthier skin.

Have Fun!!

P.S. If you have any suggestions or challenge recommendations feel free to message me and I'll add them to the list.

Schedule Updated 06/21

Spoiler

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017

Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”

Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!

Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop

Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin

Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!

Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??

Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around

Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW

Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week

Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry

Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members

Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness

Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!

Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!

Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 

Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar

Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands

Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask

Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??

Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks

Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step

Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 

Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion

Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018

Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017
Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”
Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!
Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop
Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin
Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!
Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??
Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around
Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW
Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week
Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry
Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members
Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness
Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!
Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!
Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 
Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar
Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands
Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask
Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??
Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks
Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step
Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 
Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion
Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018
Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Merry Masking!

that's a great pic @missjeanie love it 😉

that's a great pic @missjeanie love it 😉

Re: that's a great pic @missjeanie love it 😉

Thanks @lmaster ... I really do take my best photos covered in goo lol

Re: that's a great pic @missjeanie love it 😉

@missjeanie  😂😂😂

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

Too cute @missjeanie !!! Congrats on the rank-up!!! Thanks for your thoughts on this mask! I think I would like this one just for that cooling sensation lol. I hope to see them pop up at winners/marshalls here!

@veronika23 Thanks!  I was genuinely surprised at how cold it got.  I've had masks and such that give a minty cooling feeling before, but my face was actually cold to the touch.  So weird, yet so cool... I'm going to save one of these masks for the summer when its stupid hot instead of right now in the stupid cold lol

@missjeanie  Oh I hope I can find some! Yes that would be good for hot summer days!!!

This sounds like such a great mask (and by that I mean fun😉@missjeanie! Maybe I’ll plan a Friday stop at my TJ’s to see if they’ve put anything new out. I asked one of their SA’s how often they put out new products and she said every morning except for Sun & Mon👍🏼

eta: I tototally missed the pic last night and saw it from my feed-how cute are you😄!!!

Ha ha @eshoe  I actually did have some fun with this one.  It really isn't something that I'd do if I didn't have the extra time, but it wasn't as bad to clean up as I thought it would be and it was kinda fun taking selfies in the bathroom.  I've also been LOVING TJX and Winners recently.  I feel like I've found some great deals on a variety of products, with those stores though... sometimes you find everything... others you can go in and scour the place and find nothing.  And Thanks, I for sure felt pretty cute last night lol

Well you certainly looked adorable @missjeanie! I think these are some pretty fun masks. My TJ’s was great for a while but it’s really quieted down. I’ll probably stop by tomorrow just to see if there’s anything good, but I’m not hoping for much😉

@missjeanie  Oh my goodness, I love it! You're just adorable!! Your first run at it was definitely better than mine! Haha!! Nice job! – and that lipstick is such a pretty shade! 💋 Congrats on ranking up! 🙌

I did my second round of rubber tonight too! 😂 I'll be posting here in a minute! 

@Shosh85 I think the mixing went ok... I need to figure out how to actually get it on my face better! I will keep at it though ... at least for 3 more lol

@missjeanie Haha! Yup, it's the spreading on the face that's the hard part! 😂

@missjeanie, you are rockin’ that mask and that gorge lippie! 🤩

Thanks @itsfi its not often I toss on a lipstick to go with my mask lol!

Yesterday’s masks were centered on roses, and includes a lip mask that ties into one of this week’s themes and was gifted to me by the fabulous @eshoe (thank you!!!).  Also, eshoe is a fan of rose scents so what kind of tribute to her would be without a rose-scented product, or 4 of them?!

IMG_3987.JPG

Lip and Sheet Masks

Spoiler

My morning masking involved the lip and sheet masks, and my evening masking took on two parts – the first part being the sample of the Mahalo petal mask that I received from The Detox Company after hearing about their sample program from the amazing @veronika23 (thank you, thank you!!  This sample program is going to help with my love of trying new masks while I’m on my low buy!  I’m already sensing a large purchase of a few full size products at The Detox Company once my low buy ends! LOL!) The Sisley mask made up the tail end of my evening masking and I ended up using it as a sleeping mask just before bedtime.

Kocostar Rose Lip Mask is a hydrogel lip mask that smells subtly of roses; the scent is just strong enough that you know it’s there, which works perfectly fine by me. I layered this under the sheet mask.  This one I found at Marshalls - the ingredients looked good to me, as did the price, so I decided to give it a try.  A box of 5 masks was $4.99 at Marshall’s – at $1.00 per sheet mask, this could also be an Everyday mask!

Celebeau Black Rose Aqua Mask is a black cotton mask, a smidge thicker than what I would consider a regular cotton sheet mask, but that’s normal for the black cotton sheet masks I’ve tried. This mask smells amazing!!! Like fresh roses!  It reminded me of the smell of roses from outside my bedroom window when I was a kid. Very nice. According to the package, it contains “95% hydrating essence”; we’ll see about that, won’t we?  The fit and adherence of the mask was good, albeit the mask itself was a long, but that’s not uncommon; I made some minor adjustments to the usual places. Directions recommend leaving the mask on for 10-20 minutes and I ended up keeping it on for a half hour, in large part because the Kocostar lip mask is only supposed to be worn for 10 minutes so I was already pushing it with that mask; I would guess that I could have kept that mask on for another 30-45 minutes and the sheet mask might just be slightly damp. Seriously a lot of essence in the sheet mask. There’s a slight tackiness to the touch but nothing that a little moisturizer doesn’t address. My skin felt fresh, cool and hydrated afterwards. I haven’t seen these at Marshalls since I purchased this box, but if I do, I’m stocking up. 

I would definitely use the Kocostar rose mask again, but I’m not sure I would purchase it, only because it’s kinda pricey at $4 per mask. You know, I take that back, I wouldn’t purchase the individually packaged rose lip mask for myself given the price, but I would pick up the 20-mask set that retails for $38. It makes for a nice treat and the price point is decent.  The Kocostar rose lip mask gets an A-/B+ from me, the Celebeau Aqua Black Rose Sheet Masks gets an A!

Wash off Masks

Spoiler

On to the “hey, big spender!” masks – lol! I’ve talked about the Sisley Black Rose Cream Mask before – I think it’s a lovely mask; it’s meant to be tissued off but given the price you pay for it, I use it as a sleeping mask to get as much time with it as I can. 😉 Costco carries it for a discounted price for its members. I wouldn’t pick it up now but I have not closed the door on the possibility that I could pick this mask up … one day. Until then, I shall hoard this deluxe sample and use it sparingly as a sleeping mask. 😉

Mahalo The Petal Hydrating Mask is a hydrating and exfoliating clay mask – it’s like the jack-of-all-trades of masks. A very expensive jack-of-all-trades mask.  It has a light-blush hue and a very strong sweet and earthy floral scent to it. When I reached for this mask late Tuesday afternoon, my sicky self was probably feeling the most congested I’ve felt during this cold (sorry for the TMI) and I had zero issues picking up the fragrance from this mask. I didn’t really think roses were the leading floral scent, but the floral scent was pleasant; the earthy scent, on the other hand, was less welcomed by my olfactory senses, and it  seemed to be the last note I smelled. In terms of texture, the mask spreads nicely over the skin. It adheres well and does dry down a little, though not completely – my skin never felt uncomfortable or tight. I left the mask on for about an half hour before removing the bulk of it with cotton rounds, and then washing off what remained with a warm washcloth. I gotta tell ya, I was really hoping I wouldn’t like this mask given the price, but there’s something about what my skin looked like after using this one – some of the redness I have from constantly blowing my nose (I know, more TMI; I’m sorry) and acne scars that are healing seemed like they had faded a little and my complexion looked smooth and clear.  I’m not completely convinced that I need to buy a full size after my low-buy has been lifted, but I’m not writing it off entirely either. I may see about getting another sample and test it when I’m not sick. For now, I’ll give the mask an A-/B+ (I’m not too keen on the earthy scent that I picked up from the mask).

black rose sounds right up my alley @itsfi

black rose sounds right up my alley @itsfi

Re: black rose sounds right up my alley @itsfi

I think you'd love it @lmaster!

@itsfi  I actually have that Kocostar lip mask on my line up this week to go with the theme. Thanks for your review on it. I havent tried this kind of lip mask so it will be interesting. 

@GalPalVal17, I find these types of lip masks work best under a sheet mask. I have a hard time keeping them on if I'm not lying down or sitting in one place. They're not bad; my lips were particularly chapped and dry that day so I probably noticed more moisturizing and smoothing from it than I otherwise would on a typical day. Am interested to hear your thoughts on it.

@itsfi  like you I'm not a huge fan of the scent of the petal mask... but in my case it's more the floral I don't like. I do agree it is a good mask and glad you liked it so far. Maybe it would be worth picking up when The Detox Market has a sale or when Mahalo has their annual sale in the fall (20% off I think). Also forgot to mention... Mahalo sometimes has jars they don't find pretty enough to sell at retail price (something like that) so they discount them. Or I've also seen overstock sales because they create the products in small batches and makes them as fresh as possible. Best way to know about these deals is to sign up for emails from the brand. Hope you feel better soon!!!!

Oooh, I’m definitely going to sign up for emails, @veronika23! 😃 Thank you!! If you have a referrer code, PM me a link and I’ll be sure to use it. 🤗 The samples I’ve tried from the line are good so I’ll take a jar that they don’t find pretty enough any day! 😃 If they need me to take a trip to Hawaii to see the jar up close before I buy it, I think I could be talked into that. Hahaha! 😂😂 

20,998 Replies
testing