cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

34814C30-8453-4F11-B503-B8290A8D2FAB.gif

Welcome to the 2022 Mask of the Week Challenge! We love hearing about every masking experience, on or off-theme, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week: Hydrating Heroes 

Letters of the Month:  A - E

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge:
Current Thread (Archived Schedule Below)

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Probably @txcatx ! jones road did release 2 that Iโ€™ve been eyeing. Every holiday season I have to talk myself out of those mini milk stick sets even though Iโ€™ve tried them all already lol and definitely didnโ€™t use them enough 

@txcatx I have not tried this mask yet but I have tried the watermelon brightening mask that @eshoe  mentioned. I have the mini. I dont find I reach for it often but this inspired me to give it another go!

@Mellmars1185 @I did not reach for it often, eitherโ€ฆwhich is why it dried out and I finally had to declutter it. Use it or lose it! @txcatx @QueenMarceline 

@eshoe It is funny you mention that. Mine has shrunk in size ๐Ÿคฃ

Oh no, @Mellmars1185!

@Mellmars1185 I haven't tried the brightening mask and am curious--please share your thoughts here when you do give it another go!

@Mellmars1185 Would love to hear what you think of the watermelon. I am oddly drawn to the concept/packaging of this mask (not really sure why, lol)

@txcatx @eshoe @QueenMarceline 

So I used the MILK MAKEUP Mini Watermelon Brightening Serum 0.22 oz/ 6.25 g  yesterday underneath my makeup. To be honest it is nothing special. I like the concept of how to apply it. But I prefer using a liquid vitamin c serum for brightening. To be fair, this product is past its expiration. As uou see compared to one of my Milk Makeup Blushes it has shrunken. I will probably use up and then add to my January empties!

20220114_061750.jpg

โ€ƒ

@Mellmars1185 good to know about the serum! I have not tried that one yet. The MILK MAKEUP Watermelon Brightening Face Mask 1 oz/ 30 g is a little different, although now that I see this, I am tempted to try it! @txcatx @QueenMarceline 

@eshoe Sorry I think I may have confused the mask with the serum...Oops! This is the mask thread! 

Oh my goodness @Mellmars1185 it may as well be the take-extra-good-care-of-your-skin thread! After all, that is all masking is, right? Serum or mask, if it works/doesnโ€™t workโ€ฆwe all need to know๐Ÿ˜„

@Mellmars1185 Yes it does appear to have shrunken, you're right. I think I'll skip it, I also prefer just a regular Vit C serum.

@txcatx Wow, this looks like a super unique and interesting product. I was honestly drawn to it instantly especially because my skin is usually quite fond of CBD products and I have a Sativa cream in particular I really enjoy. It's a shame it did not work better for you, maybe I will pick it up sometime just to try it out in a future VIB sale because I am genuinely curious.

@txcatx your comment comparing drawing on your face with this to crayons made me laugh. I have not seen a hydrating mask in stick form, although I have tried their MILK MAKEUP Watermelon Brightening Face Mask 1 oz/ 30 g. Do you feel like this brings any calming effects to your skin? 

@eshoe With how sensitive my skin has been feeling lately, I think it's a good sign when a product doesn't immediately irritate my skin, and this mask was fine. It did possibly make my skin feel a little calmer (but could also be the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist 2.53 oz/ 75 mL  and First Aid Beauty Ultra Repairยฎ Cream Intense Hydration that I layered on after I washed the mask off).

@txcatx winter seems to do that, @txcatx - lots of finicky skin reacting to thing sit usually doesnโ€™t (for me, any way๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ).  That moisturizer just sounds like it would be extra calming.

Doin' some ABC's with this one..... A is for Annie's Way, B is for Bubble Tea and C is for Cherry ๐Ÿ’

I bought a box of these from TJ Maxx, but this particular one is from the lovely @Samtian!! Thanks so much!

5E6BE651-C823-4D2D-98CA-CDF7584A90AB.jpeg

Spoiler

Annie's Way Cherry Bubble Tea Mask

Material: Tencel, comfortable, great adherence

Serum: Clear, watery. Not much extra

Scent: Light and sweet black cherry scent ...... it was sooo good!

Fit: About an inch too long at the chin and a smidge too wide at the forehead .

Wear Time: Half hour

Tack: none

Results: Brighter, nicely hydrated and super soft and smooth skin

Repurchase? I still have a full box of these, but I'd definitely like to repurchase when I'm out!

5186B96F-3A4D-498D-BCC0-91FE44F28995.jpeg

@Shosh85  

Every time I see one of these masks, I want to try one of those drinks.

Good job with the theme!! Love this mask @Shosh85 

@lmaster  It's so good! I don't run across a black cherry mask very often! ๐Ÿ’

@Shosh85 this is such a pleasant line of comfy, easy-to-use masks! If my memory serves me correctly, this one has a more prominent scent than many of the others, which is a good thing โ˜บ๏ธ

4 Replies