Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@ShortErica hahaha!!! Doesn't sound like you're really being lazy,,, sports and twins,,, ๐Ÿคฃ that's more than enough to make me stick to a simple routine,, yaaaaaaay!! It's such a good one too

@lmaster Thanks for the self-esteem boost! I gotta get back in shape (or at least the shape I was in). Sports were a no for such a long time but food continued to be a yes. ๐Ÿ˜‚

@ShortErica ohhhhh sweet lady,,, you have noooooo idea!!! ๐Ÿคฆ I started working out last Sunday again, I figured it would be easier for me to commit to it since school is about to start again

@ShortErica  Hey stranger! Good to see your face! Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, but I'm glad this mask helped soothe! 

Thanks @Shosh85! How's your family doing?

@ShortErica  They're doing great! Hope your cute boys are doing well!! 

G is for Goodal

IMG_20210810_204031238.jpg

• This is a thinner sheet that conforms beautifully
  • Milky serum that smells so very delicious!! Berries ๐Ÿ˜‹
  • Fit is perfection
  • Wear time 30 minutes
  • Results, well not much firming, that's ok! I'll take the hydration and moisturizing benefits any day!!
  • This is definitely a repurchase and a favorite for meIMG_20210810_204037286.jpg

โ€ƒ

@lmaster 

Oh this sounds lovely.

@missy94612 it's the perfect amount of fruity berry scent, great mask material and fabulous results

A hydrating and moisturizing sheet mask with a berry scented milky serum @lmaster? nuff said. ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi this is my version of perfection in a mask! ๐Ÿ˜Š

@lmaster  Oh, I love how this sounds! Can't wait to try mine! 

@Shosh85 this has to be one of my most favorite masks

Last night for โ€œGโ€ I found a couple of masks to fit the bill, as well as a 5-minute โ€œInstant Solutionโ€ that raised my brows:

4297A7A3-971D-4E0B-9AF5-FF384BBC5F31.jpeg

Spoiler
After clearing my skin with the Holika Holika Soda Pore Cleansing mask, I opened the Muldream All Green Mild Mask. This has a sweetly citrus scent, with a thicker than serum almost jelly liquid that felt so soothing on my skin. The fit and thickness seemed just right. Underneath it, I applied the Trish McEvoy Instant Solutions Triangle of Light eye masks. @heartsmyface , @itsfi - this is what I would imagine cloth masks should be made of!
6C729ABC-D87B-4301-B063-272241033D5E.jpeg

They were literally two slices of triangular cloth. Soaked in serum. They wore well under the sheet mask, and when I removed it, one was running free with the mask while the other had decided to stay put. I opted to save them for further observation, as I found it difficult to believe these pricey little masks couldnโ€™t be easily duplicated and repurposed. They feel like a thin flannel, soft cotton. Like cozy winter-wear for your dry, tired undereyes. Although I didnโ€™t notice a difference (granted I was very tired and just happy to be nearing the end of the evening), I would use this again as a diy mask. The sheet mask left my skin tackier than usual, but it was quickly resolved with some moisturizer.  In all, it was a good learning session. I would repurchase the sheet mask in a heartbeat, it was really lovely and I woke up with happy skin which is always a plus! The extra hydration from the GLAMGLOW THIRSTYMUDโ„ข 24-Hour Hydrating Treatment Face Mask was thanks to the lovely @lmaster,๐Ÿ’– it and so does my skin!

Ingredients:

Spoiler
CF51BCDD-BFC6-4984-AB37-564CE13A5188.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@eshoe, the eye masks look interesting. They sound comfortable. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I wonder how well they would adhere on their own, without a sheet mask atop them. ๐Ÿค” I didnโ€™t even know Trish McEvoy made undereye masks. 

@itsfi they adhered quite well on their own, and took a couple of days to dry out completely. I do see centella (yay!) and aloe, as well as plankton extract. They were very comfy, and also a project I could totally DIY๐Ÿ˜„

Spoiler
E83B887A-17B5-4012-98D3-0CCFB4D6E4BF.jpeg

@eshoe  Hmm, I've never seen eye masks like those before! Sounds like they did great under the sheet mask ๐Ÿ˜ƒ The scent and serum on the sheet mask sound wonderful too!

@Shosh85 I have never seen anything like those, either! Makes me think it would be a pretty easy diy project:)

@eshoe wow those eye masks sound really nice!! Love how you said "running away with the mask" too cute

Thanks @lmaster! oddly enough, the packet had no ingredients listed. It was a sample and I imagine the FS would have them.

I wish I could afford to buy these all the time. I used to use the serum day and night and it worked great. I switched to Benton Bee Snail as that part of my routine, which also is great. But this mask make me think oh right I really liked that. 

419D1126-9136-427E-B609-53B4350B3376.jpeg

โ€ƒ

6 Replies
testing