Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi I literally just noticed that Sephora carried this brand! Sounds like some decent products here. I'm especially interested in that balm! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I've been curious about their masks as well, so its good to hear your opinion of them! Love the 70's style packaging too! ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Shosh85, I knew they carried the eye gel patches but I, too, recently discovered that Sephora carries the scrub and balm as well. I just can't tell if the balm is the rose one or the mint version. It, along with a lip gloss (okay, maybe more than one lip gloss) are the current lippies on my desk. My plan for working through my lip products and hand creams is to keep one, maybe two, at my desk for a week and then rotate new ones in and out every 7-10 days. Gives me some variety while at the same time, focused on working through my stuff and not opening new things before I finish a product. The 70's vibe of the packaging is a lot of fun! ๐Ÿ˜ I'm totally diggin' it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

The Rose lip balm is very pretty, @itsfi. When you say the scrub is a little challenging to extract from the tube, it reminded me of the Sara Happ scrubs. The pot = great. The tubes just didnโ€™t seem to execute the plan with the same gusto!

@eshoe, yeah, that's a major 'con' about lip scrubs in tubes. It'd be nice to have them in jars / pots and include a mini spatula that can be secured in the inside top portion of the jar or if there's a plastic cover between the jar and the product, something to fit in that space. Alternatively, the design of the Tatcha moisturizers, with the mini spatula nestled on top of the lid would work very well too, and is also so aesthetically appealing.

@itsfi  This sounds good maybe for more of a summer mask after a day in the sun! 

Yeah @ather, I think this one is better for certain occasions, not for daily masking, as a filler mask, or for a burst of hydration. A time, place and face for practically every mask, right?! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi  I agree. I mean itโ€™s always good to have masks that are different. 

@ather, hahaha! I think there are a few of us here who take having a few different masks around to heart! ๐Ÿ˜‚

@itsfi Irish moss, that sounds kinda weird. I love the packaging though!

@Samtian, itโ€™s a type of red algae or red seaweed. (Why is there no seaweed emoji?? ๐Ÿ˜†)  Thereโ€™s a 97.9999% chance that at some point, Iโ€™ve probably eaten something that contains red seaweed in it. Since I donโ€™t have a recollection of it, it should be safe to say it wasnโ€™t bad per se... ๐Ÿ˜‰

@itsfi Well that's not nearly as bad as muddy moss I was thinking haha.

Hahaha! No muddy moss here @Samtian; or, at least that I'm aware of. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Unrelated to what you actually used, @itsfi, but since you're a fellow lip balm junkie--have you tried any of the NCLA balms?

@CookieGirl1, I have a couple of NCLA balms but havenโ€™t gotten around to trying them ... yet. ๐Ÿ˜†

Oooh I really really loved this mask! My face looked incredible the next morning. I tried to include a picture of the texture or whatever it's called the mask is.

Mask Love.jpgOil ingredients.jpgMask Texture.jpg

I love an oil mask, did this one have a scent, @Samtian? Glad it was amazing for you!!

@haleyvvvv I can't really smell things so I have no idea, sorry.

No worries, @Samtian!! Thank you!!

This one has given so many mixed masking emotions, @Samtian - I am so happy to hear it worked out well for you! When my skin is dry, it really gives it an extra-hydrating kick. There is a chamomile version, or at least there was a year or so ago. Chances are, if you liked it, itโ€™s no longer around, ha!

@eshoe Haha no doubt!

@Samtian  Oooo Iโ€™ll have to keep my eyes open for this one!

15 Replies
testing