Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights 💮

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

The wash off was great @Shosh85. And such a pretty hue, which I forgot to include a pic of in my original post. Here’s what it looks like, straight from the pod and then thinned out.

8AEB84E3-6D34-4587-89B5-0BF50306A694.jpeg

I have a honey serum 🍯 (I’m pretty sure it’s a serum, I have) from Papa Recipe. 🤩 I am using a couple other honey products right now and haven’t tried the Papa Recipe yet, but it won’t be long before I do. My skin loves honey. 💛🍯 I’ll be very interested to know your thoughts on the PR cleanser after you’ve had plenty of time to try it out. 💛🍯

@itsfi @Oh wow, that’s some intense color!  I’d almost be worried about it staining my face!  

@heartsmyface, that’s a really good point. I don’t tend to keep clay masks on for very long, mostly because I’m concerned they’ll dry out my skin. This one calls for 10-15 minutes. I think I left it on for about 10.

@itsfi   But no staining at all?  Usually if I’m stained it happens right away.  I am in the habit of doing arm swatches and I usually find out what the offending product is when I go to wash them off😆🤞

@heartsmyface, no staining for me. 😀 I plan to use the mud mask again, maybe on Sunday, and will put some on my arm for longer than 10 minutes to see if it stains. Will let you know.

@heartsmyface @itsfi  This makes me think of Violet on Willy Wonka when she turns into a big blueberry ....... "Violet, you're turning violet, Violet!" 😂 

@Shosh85 🤣. That would be both hilarious and traumatizing! 

@Shosh85 @heartsmyface nice Willy Wonka reference. 💜

P.S. I haven’t turned into a blueberry ... yet. 😂 

@itsfi  Ooooh, love the color! 💜

Love eggplant!! @itsfi wonderful theme as usual!! Great creativity and presentation

Thank you @lmaster! 🤗 Eggplant is great - I didn’t care for it all as a kid but have really grown to like it as an adult. The cream mud mask is a good find too. 😃

Love the purplelish theme! I’ve been wanting to purchase the gummy bear but I’m still working on my Apple lime and am trying to not horde so much. @itsfi 

@Weetart, not hoarding is a good thing. 👍🏼 Laneige puts out different flavors with some frequency; love that they give a lot of product but with these balms, I’m happy when they have mini’s. 😉 

The Papa Recipe mud mask sounds like such a nice one, @itsfi. It's always nice to find a mud mask that isn't overly drying. 

Yes @quspork! 100% agree. I’m happy to see more and more non-drying mud masks coming into the market. 😍

@itsfi   The gummy bear flavour is oos right now but I am stalking it and hoping it’s not TOO limited edition.  
Honestly I forgot I owned the Milk lip treatment!  😇Pulling it out to put into rotation.  

@heartsmyface, the MILK lip mask is such a good one. 👍🏼 I often wish Laneige would make mini sizes of their lip sleeping masks and lip balms. Makes it easier to try all the flavors, especially the LE ones. 

@itsfi   That would make such a good gift set!   Minis of all their flavours!  
I pulled the lip mask out and used it last night.  Sooo good.  I’m just going to keep it on the nightstand since drier skin season is upon us . 

GLAM AND GLOW MASKS (L&O)

20200917_232634~2.jpg

Thought a gold foil mask was pretty on theme for GLAM.

Fit:

Spoiler
20200917_232826~2.jpg

Pooooooor. Surprisingly short forehead. Waaay to long in the chin. Didn't adhere well and kept shifting as I laid down. Blah. Was a bit itchy.

Serum:

Spoiler
Not really present. Watery and thin, not a ton on the mask or in packet.

Claims:

Spoiler
Hydrating. Which is mild at best. I put on my Kate Somerville Retinol Kate Somerville +Retinol Vita C Power Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL before, and my skin felt extra smooth after, so I feel like the foil but worked well to really seal in that serum.

Ingredients:

Spoiler
Nothing standout. A lot of perfume mid way through which was definitely obvious, unfortunately.
20200917_232654~3.jpg

Sorry for the terrible photo, taking a picture of this packaging was hard.

Wear Time:

Spoiler
15 minutes, I left on closer to 20-25. It was drying a bit toward the edges, but I wrung some serum onto my neck and arms.

Overall Grade:

Spoiler
C-/D. It wasn't a good mask at all.

Bonus mask: Oh, isn't that cute, it's a polar bear (Ours!! 🐻🧸🐻🧸, en français)

20200915_233622.jpg

Spoiler
Thats it. Its a cute mask that doesn't irritate. I've used a few varieties of these Masque Bar masks, and aside from wanting to try a few for cuteness, I think these are great for like a slumber party for the like my nerves *neices* or something (f-ing autocorrect).
20200915_233757~2.jpg

@haleyvvvv  I wasn't a big fan of the Sephora mask either, but I haven't really liked any of the masks from this line. Glad the cute bear could make up for it! I agree, these masks are definitely perfect for parties or party favors! 😃

Yeah, @Shosh85, both of these were a bit disappointing, but thats okay, they didn't outright cause any negative side effects. I tried the silver SC mask too and it also wasn't good.

testing