Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Hello Lovelies! As we make our resolutions and check them twice, I thought we could start a skincare version of the Weekly Challenge. Many of us wanted to use more masks, shop our stash and focus on our Skin so hopefully this thread will be an inspiration to do just that. Join us with pictures and comments down below.

Masking Spreadsheet Info

Spoiler

Hello every, @eshoe and I are very happy to present the BIC Masking Challenge Spreadsheet. The idea is to have an easily searchable database of masks and reviews as a reference point when we are considering our next purchase. Data integrity was important to us so instead of everyone inputing data directly into the spreadsheet where theoretically information could be deleted or edited we have the questionnaire. It should take no longer then 1-2 minutes with the option for a more detailed review (which you can copy from your post on this thread).

Remember the idea is not to replace this thread. I personally love reading, commenting and interacting with all you amazing women here and that shouldnโ€™t change. This would just be on top of that. Hopefully the more people that partake in this, the larger database of information weโ€™ll have for reference. It will be extra effort in the beginning but then we would only need to input any new mask weโ€™ve tried.

Additional Info:

Spoiler

Since we arenโ€™t allowed to post links, please PM or myself for it. You will also find this information on the original post so you donโ€™t need a database to search for this post!

Incase you need some help to filter/search results, try this :-

Search Specific Word or Phrase โ€”> Edit -> Find and Replace -> Search Word

Filter/Organize by Columns --> Data -> Create a Filter -> Select Options

There are 2 ways to edit a response: 

1) Once you have completed a survey, click on the "Edit Your Response" link on that page. Once this page is closed, the only way to make a change is to:

2) PM @Aaliaa or @eshoe to make the change directly in the response spreadsheet

Thanks @eshoe for putting this together!

Rules

Spoiler

Each week there will be a new Masking Challenge posted. It will range from type of mask, brand specific week or fun challenges along the way.

Choose mask, take picture (with mask on or before), place mask on face, relax and dream of the next Sephora purchase you want to make, remove mask for healthier skin.

Have Fun!!

P.S. If you have any suggestions or challenge recommendations feel free to message me and I'll add them to the list.

Schedule Updated 06/21

Spoiler

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017

Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the โ€œMasking Week Challengeโ€

Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!

Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop

Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin

Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): โ€˜Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!

Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??

Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around

Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW

Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week

Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry

Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members

Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness

Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!

Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!

Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephoraโ€™s โ€˜Best Sellingโ€™ Masks 

Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar

Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands

Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask

Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??

Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks

Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step

Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 

Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion

Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018

Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017
Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the โ€œMasking Week Challengeโ€
Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!
Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop
Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin
Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): โ€˜Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!
Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??
Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around
Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW
Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week
Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry
Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members
Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness
Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!
Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!
Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephoraโ€™s โ€˜Best Sellingโ€™ Masks 
Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar
Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands
Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask
Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??
Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks
Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step
Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 
Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion
Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018
Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Merry Masking!

Re: RE: Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

@eshoe GlamGlow ThirstyMud is great!! On the days my skin is just super dry and  parched, I use ThirstyMud and my skin is saved! Canโ€™t wait to hear what you think of it too! ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿค—

RE: Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

@Shosh85 Iโ€™m sorry that the Creme Shop mask had a Pledge-like smell and made your skin dry! Thank goodness you had the Thirstymud mask to rehydrate! I have it as well and is a lifesaver when your skin gets dry! Every time I use it the smell reminds me about beach vacations and drinking a virgin Pina Colada ๐Ÿน๐Ÿor a Coco Loco ๐Ÿ˜œ, so yummy ๐Ÿ˜‹!

Re: RE: Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

Thanks, @keana1! I really do love that GlamGlow! I agree it definitely smells delicious! ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿฅฅ

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

That glamglow mask sounds super nice, espeically for summer @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’ฆI have to remember to check it out! Perfect to use after the charcoal lemon mask ๐Ÿ˜„

Thanks, @bakeamuffin!! If your skin needs hydration, ThirstyMud will do the trick! ๐Ÿ‘

79CCD91F-E686-47B1-AE4C-BD9107553F63.jpeg

My masks for the past week. Used the Ren mask on Monday night. I donโ€™t use this one enough but it is a great mask! Really makes your skin soft and glowy.  Used the fresh mask for a quick masking in the evening. I love how you can get great results in five months minutes.  Lastly I used the malin +goetz for the fourth time.  Itโ€™s also a really nice mask that gets good results in about 5 minutes. I am still experimenting with leaving on longer to see what happens. This time I only left one for about 6 min. Skin is soft, smooth and glowy this am. A little bit goes a long way and I can see this lasting a long time due to he jar size. 

RE: Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

@jen81, that Ren mask is amazing! Just tried it last night and loving my skin today๐Ÿ˜Š

@jen81 Looks like some great masks! Iโ€™ve been wanting to try that REN mask! I like the sound of soft and glowy!! ๐Ÿ™Œ

The Ren Radiance Renewal Mask sounds so nice @jen81! These all look awesome, great masking ๐Ÿ˜„

@jen81  That's so great that you are able to get good results in a short amount of time with the Malin + Goetz mask!

Last night, I started off with GlamGlow FlashMud Brightening Treatment and followed that with Helloskin Jumiso Water Splash Mask.

IMG_4612.JPG

Spoiler
Spoiler

Before I used the GlamGlow FlashMud mask, I went back to look for @Shosh85's review of mask  which was super helpful!  I applied it on damp skin and because Shosh85 had mentioned it left her skin a little dry, I only kept the mask on for 15 minutes (instead of the 20 minutes per the directions).  The mask has a fresh citrus scent to it, reminded me of tangerines or oranges.

FlashMud exfoliates with tiny granules that you massage onto your skin as you are applying it.   Since my cheeks are more dry and sensitive, I just spread the mask over those parts rather than massage the mask into my skin.  With my nose and T-zone, because they tend to be oilier and a lot less prone to drying out, I used a little more pressure when I massaged the mask in those areas.

When taking the mask off, I used water and light circular motion to break up mask (and get a little more exfoliation on my nose), then rinsed off the rest of the mask.  My skin felt slightly dry in my cheek area.  I have some more uses left in this DS of FlashMud and when I use it again, Iโ€™ll use it on my T-zone only.  I'm not sure how brightening this mask was for me; its primary benefit seemed to be that it was a gentle exfoliating mask.  I'm unlikely to repurchase the FlashMud after finishing this sample - the mask itself is fine, I just think that there are other exfoliating masks and brightening masks that do the same or better job as the FlashMud.

The Helloskin Jumiso Water Splash Mask is a new mask to me.  There are 5 different sheet masks by this brand; I purchased all 5 of them, but reached for the hydrating โ€œWater Splashโ€ mask to balance out the FlashMud. I was hoping that the best part of this mask would not be its cute packaging.  Iโ€™m happy to report that that is not the case.  This mask is great!!! 

The mask if made of Cupro cotton, which I learned is a combination of cotton and the softest part of a cotton seed.  This mask is on the thinner side as far as masks go.  Iโ€™ve heard of sheet masks claiming to feel like second skin and I think that is a good way to describe this HelloSkin mask.  It adheres nicely and thereโ€™s quite a bit of excess essence in the packet โ€“ I think you could probably fill another sheet mask with the amount of excess essence. 

The fit of the mask was nice too; there were very few adjustments I needed to make and thereโ€™s a fresh and slightly floral-ish scent to the mask.  Of the different masks in this line, this one is meant for moisturizing and balancing the skin.  I donโ€™t know if I felt my skin was โ€œbalancedโ€ after one use of the mask, but it sure looked and felt hydrated, soft, and brighter.  ๐Ÿ™‚  I was really happy with this mask and will definitely repurchase.

Great reviews @itsfi! Iโ€™ll be sure to skip that glamglow mask and stick with the Thirstymud instead ๐Ÿ˜„ Iโ€™m glad that the water splash mud worked out so well โ˜บ๏ธ

Yes @bakeamuffin, ThirstyMud is a great hydrating mask.  I find myself using it as an overnight mask or sometimes as a substitute for my moisturizer during the day. Love it.

I was just reading that @itsfi! ๐Ÿ˜„ I may have to grab the .5oz and see

how my skin likes it ๐Ÿ’™

Oh yes, @bakeamuffin!  If you can get a hold of a sample size of the ThirstyMud, you definitely should.  I thought it was going to be more hype than anything and held off on trying it when it came out and, boy, did I change my tune after using it.  The comments here are spot on - it smells amazing and really hydrating! 

Great reviews, @itsfi! I think I had the same thoughts on the GlamGlow maskโ€“ it was fine but I can find something better. Iโ€™ve only used this as a mask and followed the exact directions twice, and when I have Iโ€™ve noticed brightening. When I use it more as an exfoliant in the shower, It smooths and softens but doesnโ€™t really brighten. I just donโ€™t prefer to use it as a mask because it seems to overly dry me out.

Iโ€™m glad the Helloskin mask worked out well for you! Soft, smooth and bright always sounds good to me! Where did you get this one?

Thanks so much @Shosh85!  I picked up the HelloSkin mask at ohlolly(dot)com a while back, but it's also available through Facetory and I saw a couple from the line at the Asian beauty store in a couple of malls where I live.  They are also available on amazon.

@itsfi. Great reviews, as usual!! It's great that the Water Splash mask helped after the Glamglow. It seems to me that some of the Glamglow masks are drying even for people like me with oily skin. I haven't had good results with Glamglow,  so that's not one I usually purchase. Glad your skin felt good this morning!!โ˜บ

Thank you @yankeefaithful!  They are very drying, in my experience as well.  Except for the ThirstyMud which I can apply to my entire face, I typically only use GlamGlow masks on my oily nose, along my jawline during periodic breakouts or as a spot treatment. 

RE: Mask of the Week Challenge!

Tonight was a first for both the Ren and Origins masks. The Ren was nice, soothing, and prepped my skin perfectly for the Raspberry sheet mask. The Ren has a slight orange scent, barely noticeable. No tingling for me, and after washing off 15 minutes later, my skin felt clean and ready for a nice, soothing sheet mask. WOW. Definite repurchase. A DE after-effect. The fit, pretty incredible. A bit of smoothing out here and there, but I liked that there were no eye flaps to contend with ( I get them, but they are just not for me!). The mask itself was a very thick mask, and the serum rich but not overwhelming. The best part-after removing the mask, my skin felt DE Sukari Facial soft. So I peeked back at my foil, and squeezed out enough for another mini-facial๐Ÿ˜Š. ๐Ÿ’•โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’•loved this combo.

Re: RE: Mask of the Week Challenge!

Great masking duo, @eshoe!! The Origins masks looks great and the REN mask seems to be quite popular around here! Iโ€™m glad you enjoyed them both! ๐Ÿ‘Œ

1 Reply
testing