Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

As part of my New Year's resolution, I promised myself I would explore the world of Korean beauty a lot more than I have. I would love this to be a place to discuss and share your experience!

I am currently practicing the "7 Skin Method" every morning. This will help hydrate dry skin as well as balance sebum production is oily skin. I was a grease factory and am now very normal. This method is simply applying a hydrating toner 7 times in a row. You can use a cotton round, but I prefer to apply 5/6 drops to the palm of my hand and press it into my skin. I am currently using:

• Missha First Treatment Essence 2X ($49)
  • Amore Pacific Single Extract Vintage Essence 1X ($145)
  • ElishaCoy Moist Up Hyalurone Ampoule Essence 4X ($10)

Results are immediate! My skin is plump and glowing. Now, I could NEVER give up my Good Genes and Luna, but this will definitely take the place of some very expensive skincare products I use like my Vintner's Daughter. I would love to hear about Korean Beauty products you have discovered. I'm all for spending in the name of great skin! โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

RE: Re: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

@fieldsofclover I loooooove it. They give you soooo much Essence. Even after I use all the cotton rounds, there will be a lot left. I can easily use my own rounds and get another full jar! It feels amazing on the skin and I can truly see a difference. Neogen has another anti-aging one. I may grab that one as well!

Re: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

My OhLolly came in! I first purchased the Pyungkang Yul that is meant for dry skin, so I decided to order 2 of the mists. I also purchased the Cleansing Fiam and Moisture Serum. Iโ€™m really curious about the Missha All-Around Age Sunblock. It states to have a velvety finish and is meant for oily skin! I canโ€™t wait! I also threw in the eye-gel patches. I love how beautiful Korean Skincare is! Iโ€™ve almost completely switched over except for Luna and Good Genes. I couldnโ€™t be happier! @fieldsofclover have you tried anything else PY?

C7010769-FE43-46B5-8429-E24CE59C6A44.jpeg

Sooo @darlyndar have you had a chance to try the PKY cleanser yet? I read it's supposed to be weirdly stretchy/gooey which sounds kind of entertaining...

@fieldsofclover I did and it is! You need the tiniest amount...like the size of a nickel. I dot it on my forehead and cheeks, stretch it around, then use my Clarisonic. Itโ€™s oddly satisfying and makes my skin feel awesome! When you decide to try it, you wonโ€™t regret it! โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

@darlyndar Ok I'm glad to hear that this is Clarisonic-friendly... mine has gotten kind of orphaned from my routines this year and I need to work on incorporating it back in!

@darlyndar I already said this in the haul post haha but I am super curious for your thoughts on the sunblock!!! Always looking for a reasonably priced one that doesn't effect makeup

@Kim888 So far so awesome! It really is a matte, velvety finish. I wore double wear and Peach perfect this weekend and both wore well over it. They have one fire oily and one for dry. I definitely like it better than Supergoop. 

good to know @darlyndar - I think I have a sample of the super goop somewhere but I've never actually tried it. Thus far I've mostly relied on primers with spf in them but I am definitely starting to become concerned about the effectiveness of that 

@darlyndar you're a bad influence on my spending habits!

@makeitup305 ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰ But theyโ€™re just so affordable! Lol. I am absolutely obsessed and excited for my morning and night routines. I FINALLY have it all down to a tea. 

@darlyndar Not yet, I'm on a death march to use as many of my samples and existing stash as I can stand before I declutter it all and order a Moisture Serum and a Balancing Gel for sure, and maybe something else.

I used to be a dehydrated oily, but the DDG brought me into balance and I started tipping into being more dry... the PY essence has turned out to be almost enough AM moisture for me if I do the 7x. The balancing gel will be as close as I can get to a sleeping mask so I plan to use it at night.

OhLolly? OH LORDY....@darlyndar girl....your credit card company loves you ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒโค๐Ÿ–ค

@GG84 OhNO! Lol! I never make beauty purchases on credit. Lol. If I donโ€™t have the cash, I absolutely donโ€™t buy. Thatโ€™s been my rule my entire adult life! 

This is America! Credit cards are for medical bills! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜ฃ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒ

My skin status has been shakier with some breakouts over the last several weeks as I've looked for a way to replace the DDG extra strength peels in my AM routine. I had been using them daily, and got excellent improvements for a couple months but then started to plateau... I believe I basically maxed out the amount of benefit they could do for me.

Most recently I've been using a deluxe sample of the new Ren AHA toner in the same step of my routine - cleansing, then exfoliant/toner, followed by 7-skin method with the Pyunkang Yul essence. My skin has stabilized and the texture is actually improving compared to my high point with the DDG peels. I think those were a great "intervention" treatment but the Ren is better for maintenance... and far less expensive! It's also pairing really nicely with the PY so I will be buying the full-size.

Screenshot_20180223-091527.png

I was using this Ren toner too but for the life of me I couldn't get behind it! I used it for a week as soon as my shipment came in and it made my skin ultra sensitive and I had redness from it that didn't go down for almost a week even after I stopped using it. I used this toner only at night in place of my regular 1st step toner which has alcohol and I also stopped using my acne solution because I figured my skin would become too sensitive. But the rest of my skin care I kept the same. Do you (or anyone) have any advice on how to incorporate this into my routine? I really like the idea of a chemical exfoliant (I've only ever really used physical) for the summer months but I can't seem to get it to work for my skin. 

It's a little bittersweet to hear such a rave review. I'm in the market for a new toner soon since Ulta stopped carrying mine and desperately wanted to try this one. Three tries, all cancelled; either the whole order or just the promo code kicked out. NOFOMO my ar$e ๐Ÿ˜’

Maybe I should consider it for the April sale anyways.

Anonymous Insider

A really great Korean hydrating toner Iโ€™ve been using lately is the klairs supple preparation hydrating toner. Itโ€™s sooo nice. When Iโ€™m dry and flakey from retin a, this plumps me right out. And itโ€™s relatively cheap. I do the 7 skin method with this on days Iโ€™m really dry and sensitive and itโ€™s works wonders on my skin

@fieldsofclover Iโ€™ve heard so many great things about this. @GG84 uses this. Let me know how you guys like it! I made an OhLolly haul and itโ€™s arriving today โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ. Iโ€™ve been so obsessed with hydrating that Iโ€™m not using a daily AHA. I trust your reviews COMPLETELY so if it works, Iโ€™m buying it! 

@darlyndar Not related at all to this post...but I just cut all my hair off. 6 inches...I dont know what got into me this morning and now i mildly regret the decision lol. Back to your post...I actually dont really like the Ren Toner very much I have to say. It's just sitting in my 'not being used' graveyard'. I much prefer my Mericonne MD and Shisedo. 

@GG84 No regrets! That's awesome โœ‚๏ธโœ‚๏ธโœ‚๏ธ

But yeah the Ren tonic is mostly lactic so if you're already on the Good Genes train a few times a week this is not going to do anything impressive for you. You can save your cash @darlyndar

418 Replies
Photos36
  • essence pic.jpg
  • Screenshot_20180125-182702.png
  • Pyunkang Yul label
  • D6DE9B85-8F8E-43E2-89D6-5FEEBE5CAC8C.jpeg
  • IMG_20180214_162019-01.jpeg
  • IMG_7696.jpg
  • IMG_7697 (1).jpg
  • Massage Tool
  • Normal/Combonation
  • Dehydrated Oily