Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

As part of my New Year's resolution, I promised myself I would explore the world of Korean beauty a lot more than I have. I would love this to be a place to discuss and share your experience!

I am currently practicing the "7 Skin Method" every morning. This will help hydrate dry skin as well as balance sebum production is oily skin. I was a grease factory and am now very normal. This method is simply applying a hydrating toner 7 times in a row. You can use a cotton round, but I prefer to apply 5/6 drops to the palm of my hand and press it into my skin. I am currently using:

• Missha First Treatment Essence 2X ($49)
  • Amore Pacific Single Extract Vintage Essence 1X ($145)
  • ElishaCoy Moist Up Hyalurone Ampoule Essence 4X ($10)

Results are immediate! My skin is plump and glowing. Now, I could NEVER give up my Good Genes and Luna, but this will definitely take the place of some very expensive skincare products I use like my Vintner's Daughter. I would love to hear about Korean Beauty products you have discovered. I'm all for spending in the name of great skin! โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

Re: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

Ooh, I've really wanted to try the Ren toner, @fieldsofclover!  How long have you been using it?  How quickly did you see results and what was the most noticeable difference?

@CookieGirl1 I've been using it for almost two weeks... only in the AM at first, but I've started using it twice a day now. I was a daily-ish DDG peeler before this so I like the Ren because it seems to be maintaining the results I was getting...  it fits into the same place in my routine but is a lot less expensive. I don't know what the results would be like if I hadn't already been using acids regularly.

Also, like I was telling @darlyndar if you regularly use something stronger like Good Genes this won't do anything impressive for you because the Ren is mostly lactic acid as well.

RE: Re: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

@fieldsofclover Iโ€™m not positive, but I think this is the link http://r.sloyalty.com/r/w800m4JxUKKi Send me yours and Iโ€™ll use it on my next order. โค๏ธ

@Aaliaa @fieldsofclover Cupidrop has this little PKY try-me set I've been eyeing.  I'm mostly interested in the oil and the hydrating toner.

If anyone is as curious about the line as I am (EDIT: the link was deleted by a mod, so here's a pic instead.  Sorry, mod.)

Spoiler
cupidrop.png 

@tinobiscuitsNice! Looks like they still have gift sets too ๐Ÿ’ธ

(That "skin temperature up/down" thing is what I'm organizing myself around for this, not so much oily vs. dry)

I've been using the Pyunkang Yul Serum and Mist. The mist is nice, not revolutionary. The serum I have only used for a few days but I'm loving it. I think it will replace my Ordinary Hyaluronic acid as it absorbs well and isn't sticky. Its a light gel like moisturizer formula. I found the guide on Oh Lolly really helpful when deciding what else to try depending on my skincare needs.

@Aaliaa Oh nice, it's good to hear the serum isn't sticky... The Ordinary is looking increasingly dodgy these days so I was thinking about what to do when I run out.

The OhLolly guide is good... I'm chasing the astragalus-based products since it's already been part of my health efforts for years, but I wouldn't recommend my purchases for other people with my skin type (lurkers with normal-mildly dry skin, you'd likely find the nutrition cream + gel too heavy! Check the guide first).

๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

technically cross posting this but just got my first Facetory subscription(used code LUCKY3 to get 3 free masks with my first box) and I am loving it! getting amazing Korean sheet masks delivered right to my door is a dream๐Ÿ˜‡ my skin has never been softerโค

OMG, I looked this up & joined because of your post @bonnebelle!  I โค๏ธ IT!!! I also got the 3 bonus masks and the lux 7, such a good deal and the masks are so good. Thanks for posting about it ๐Ÿ™‚

yasssss! stoked that you love it!! I love it too๐Ÿ˜ quite...

yasssss! stoked that you love it!! I love it too๐Ÿ˜ quite possibly my favorite sub box๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’™ @deathkitty

RE: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

Your skin must looooove you @bonnenelle!

without a doubt!๐Ÿ˜ and it was really starting to kick me...

without a doubt!๐Ÿ˜ and it was really starting to kick me in the butt for a while there๐Ÿ˜…

RE: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

I picked this toner up for $8 at Marshallโ€™s yesterday.. it intrigued me because itโ€™s a Korean brand and I have never heard of it before. After doing some googling it was hard to find any info on the brand Rootree. Anyone else ever heard of it? The packaging is so pretty!

Re: RE: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

Definitely looking to dupe May Coop but the ingredients list is very different and I don't expect it to do the same thing. May Coop is 97% Maple Acer Water and this has water as the number one ingredient. The second ingredient is Alcohol in May Coop, but given the first ingredient alcohol is under 3% of the entire formula so I find it less worrying. If you are looking for an affordable essence, I would try the Pyunkang Yul Essence.

Definitely looks like it's trying to be a dupe of the May Coop Raw Sauce, but the extracts in here look decent and the price is right! Let us know how you like this.

RE: Re: RE: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

Haha yes I realized when I opened the box when I got it home it looked awfully familiar. I have been using it now for a few weeks in the AM sort of as an essence because the texture is a bit thicker. Really liking it so far! Donโ€™t like the fact that there is added fragrance and yes, alcohol, however, these donโ€™t seem to affect me so far. I do want to try the Pyunkang Yul itโ€™s on my list!

@fringebride Have you tried the Raw Sauce? I've been thinking about trying it for quite a while now.

@octopusme I have! It's very hydrating and cools the skin, which I enjoy. It also leaves you feeling bright and refreshed, and definitely preps the skin to absorb other products. It acts as both a toner and an essence.

I do have one problem with it, though: it has alcohol as the second ingredient. Now, fatty alcohols such as stearyl and cetyl are fine for use on skin, but others like ethanol and alcohol denat are irritating and can dry out your skin, damage your skin barrier, and cause an overproduction of sebum. In the Raw Sauce ingredient list, it's just called "alcohol," which makes me suspicious because the type is usually specified. It does feel like a lot of alcohol is on your face when you use it, you can almost feel the vapors. I cannot confirm if they're using astringent alcohol or not, but my face does burn when applied if it's feeling sensitive. Overall, I would be wary. I think there are better products out there at better prices.

@fringebride Thank you for letting me know! I hadn't even looked at the ingredients yet. I try not to buy anything with ethanol or denatured alcohol, so that makes me a little bit nervous. I think you have helped me make my mind up.

Cross-post from hauls. I picked up the Neogen Code 9 Lemon Green Caviar Essence from Amazon. Iโ€™m really excited to try it. You actually pour the liquid into the container of dry rounds then leave it in the fridge for 9 hours. It firms and exfoliates as well as an essence. Itโ€™s a 2-sided cotton round that is also mitt-like. One side for exfoliating and the other side for smoothing and pressing the Essence into your skin. I plan on incorporating this 3 times a week. Iโ€™m excited!!

17F85451-0C92-4DFD-91BB-687B32CFDA99.jpeg

@darlyndar I like how interactive this sounds ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ”ฌ It will be fun to hear what you think of the whole experience!

418 Replies
Photos36
  • essence pic.jpg
  • Screenshot_20180125-182702.png
  • Pyunkang Yul label
  • D6DE9B85-8F8E-43E2-89D6-5FEEBE5CAC8C.jpeg
  • IMG_20180214_162019-01.jpeg
  • IMG_7696.jpg
  • IMG_7697 (1).jpg
  • Massage Tool
  • Normal/Combonation
  • Dehydrated Oily