Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

As part of my New Year's resolution, I promised myself I would explore the world of Korean beauty a lot more than I have. I would love this to be a place to discuss and share your experience!

I am currently practicing the "7 Skin Method" every morning. This will help hydrate dry skin as well as balance sebum production is oily skin. I was a grease factory and am now very normal. This method is simply applying a hydrating toner 7 times in a row. You can use a cotton round, but I prefer to apply 5/6 drops to the palm of my hand and press it into my skin. I am currently using:

• Missha First Treatment Essence 2X ($49)
  • Amore Pacific Single Extract Vintage Essence 1X ($145)
  • ElishaCoy Moist Up Hyalurone Ampoule Essence 4X ($10)

Results are immediate! My skin is plump and glowing. Now, I could NEVER give up my Good Genes and Luna, but this will definitely take the place of some very expensive skincare products I use like my Vintner's Daughter. I would love to hear about Korean Beauty products you have discovered. I'm all for spending in the name of great skin! โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

Re: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

If you enter a new email address, you can get 10% off. I don't know if there's anything better than that.

RE: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

@darlyndar how is skincare going? I find myself now oily when I use to be combo of normal and dry

Somewhere back in this thread I was saying how I loved the Pyunkang Yul dry skin products because they were astragalus-based, and the only skincare that could be more perfect for me would be some kind of ashwagandha cream.

Screenshot_20180707-202932.png

So, to whoever is taking notes, I would also like world peace, free Sephora for life, and 20 million dollars. And a pony. Thanks!

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

And a pony.......

@fieldsofclover, decided I really like facial sleeping ma...

@fieldsofclover, decided I really like facial sleeping mask and wanted to try a few other products so placed an order this morning.

@keana1, I ordered the Neogen pads and black tea mask thr...

@keana1, I ordered the Neogen pads and black tea mask through Roseroseshop, on ebay which I've had good luck with previous orders and I've seen good reviews on this forum for. The other products I ordered from cosmeticmarket2012 on ebay, which I haven't ordered before, but had great reviews, so I thought I'd give them a shot.

Re: @keana1, I ordered the Neogen pads and black tea mask thr...

@Luvstravel Thank you so much ๐Ÿ˜Š, youโ€™ve been very helpful! Thanks again!๐Ÿ˜‰

Re: @fieldsofclover, decided I really like facial sleeping ma...

@Luvstravel Where did you order all of these? They look interesting! ๐Ÿง

@fieldsofclover, ok I had a little more sleep last night,...

@fieldsofclover, ok I had a little more sleep last night, so here's a better review. The product had no smell to it, it was a watery cream consistency and went on well. Took about 10 minutes to completely soak in ( applied heavily since I was going straight to bed ) Woke up this morning and my face felt just ok, nothing great, nothing bad. Maybe just not hydrating enough. I didn't get too excited over this product and it will probably go on my pass list. It just didn't do anything for me, sorry.

RE: @fieldsofclover, ok I had a little more sleep last night,...

@Luvstravel Thanks for your review! I was debating whether to get this cream or not! I think I will skip this one! ๐Ÿ˜‰

RE: Re: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

@fieldsofclover can you also ask for one emerald unicorn for me please? Pretty please ๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿงš๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ

Re: RE: Re: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

@Zvezdochka Hehehe it's on the list! ๐Ÿ’š

@fieldsofclover, your hilarious! Funny, this is one of my...

@fieldsofclover, your hilarious! Funny, this is one of my Wonderskin, promos that I received, but haven't tried. I'm going to try it tonight!

@fieldsofclover, ok I'm on my third day of overtime and s...

@fieldsofclover, ok I'm on my third day of overtime and starting to drag. I did use this last night but can't give much of a review. I was so tired when I put it on last night all I can remember was that it was nice and creamy. So sorry, and when I stumbled to the shower this morning I wasn't awake enough to realize how my face felt ๐Ÿคช I'll try and post a better review tomorrow after I use it again tonight.

Re: @fieldsofclover, your hilarious! Funny, this is one of my...

@Luvstravel Curious to hear what you think of it! I might hit up a Sephora this weekend to get a sample.

Iโ€™m pretty eager to try this, the other cream they have wasnโ€™t quite hydrating enough for me but Iโ€™m hesitant to step away from Lala. Have you ordered this yet @fieldsofclover?

@bakeamuffin I haven't ordered this new one yet, but I felt the same way about the kale cream. I really liked it but my skin is really slurping up all the hydration I give it lately, and that one wasn't quite enough.

I've actually been using the Fresh deep hydration cream 2x a day lately, but I won't get another... if I finish it and this new YTTP one doesn't seem to be enough, Lala (or the PKY nutrition cream) is my next stop.

RE: Re: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

@bakeamuffin, just jumping in here, but you are right imo, the LaLa is richer and more hydrating than both of the others. The latest GWP is nice and I have been using it with the masking every night, but it doesnโ€™t have the same thick consistency as the DE. Both are absorbed well, but the DE feels like it gives a deeper treatment. Hope that all makes sense!

Re: RE: Re: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

@eshoe that makes total sense! I really appreciate your feedback; the reason I went with Lala was because I couldnโ€™t find anything that felt as hydrating, moisturizing, and thick without feeling greasy. Probably best not to stray from a good thing โ˜บ๏ธ

Arise, thread! It took me a while to get my hands on these since I waited until I needed to reorder my Pyunkang Yul essence. (I also waited to order until after I'd already been out of it for a few days, and *that* is never happening again! Team 7-skin for life now ๐Ÿ’ฆ)

There are not many other J/K-beauty products in my cabinet at the moment, but I'm in love with using the Tatcha rice enzyme cleanser a few mornings a week, and @Aaliaa generously gifted me a jar of the Dr. Jart+ Cicapair SPF treatment, which I'm now using as a BB ๐Ÿ’›

I've been testing a lot of different products over the past year and am starting to settle in with a few different brands for various treatments, but I'm still not really in love with my more basic daily routine items yet so I'm hoping at least one of the other PKY items will be a match.

IMG_20180703_161717.jpg

@fieldsofclover I love love love the Tatcha rice enzyme cleanser!

1 Reply
Photos36
  • essence pic.jpg
  • Screenshot_20180125-182702.png
  • Pyunkang Yul label
  • D6DE9B85-8F8E-43E2-89D6-5FEEBE5CAC8C.jpeg
  • IMG_20180214_162019-01.jpeg
  • IMG_7696.jpg
  • IMG_7697 (1).jpg
  • Massage Tool
  • Normal/Combonation
  • Dehydrated Oily