Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

As part of my New Year's resolution, I promised myself I would explore the world of Korean beauty a lot more than I have. I would love this to be a place to discuss and share your experience!

I am currently practicing the "7 Skin Method" every morning. This will help hydrate dry skin as well as balance sebum production is oily skin. I was a grease factory and am now very normal. This method is simply applying a hydrating toner 7 times in a row. You can use a cotton round, but I prefer to apply 5/6 drops to the palm of my hand and press it into my skin. I am currently using:

• Missha First Treatment Essence 2X ($49)
  • Amore Pacific Single Extract Vintage Essence 1X ($145)
  • ElishaCoy Moist Up Hyalurone Ampoule Essence 4X ($10)

Results are immediate! My skin is plump and glowing. Now, I could NEVER give up my Good Genes and Luna, but this will definitely take the place of some very expensive skincare products I use like my Vintner's Daughter. I would love to hear about Korean Beauty products you have discovered. I'm all for spending in the name of great skin! โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

Re: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

@mermadelove I probably never would have bought it otherwise, but I found it at Costco a couple months ago ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰ I went back for a second one because I don't want to run out! ๐Ÿ’ธ

I've been loving the PY Moisture Serum, I actually finished a bottle last week and its the fastest I've gone through any product ever. Its somewhere between an essence and a moisturizer and 2-3 layers of it in the morning have replaced both steps since summer arrived (I might be using it on my arms too ๐Ÿคซ).  @fieldsofclover

๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

I just tonight tried a new K-Beauty Mask. It was I Dew Care Space Kitten Exfoliating Galactic Black Peel Off Mask. This was one of the firsttimes in so long I've done a peel off mask that worked and did something to help my skin. I love this mask after even just one use. And it's sparkles haha

Quick Question? Has anyone tried the COSRX Low PH Cleanser? What do you think about it? Do you find it drying? Do you use it as a second/morning cleanse? Thanks!

RE: Re: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

Donโ€™t use too much it could be drying. It smells HORRIBLE like scary lol I use it in the morning about 2-4 times a week. It doesnโ€™t break me out and I feel like my skin doesnโ€™t need toner after washing. I purchased mine from Ulta.

@Aaliaa I also only use it in the morning. I enjoy the Pyungkang Yul as my 2nd cleanser at night with my Clarisonic. Iโ€™m almost out of my Clinique and was thinking of picking up the Hemish Balm. Have you tried that?

Re: RE: Re: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

Thanks @darlyndar!  was wondering about the smell too. I've had it in my stash for a while and took it out to use and the smell is really strong! There doesn't seen to be any added fragrance so I thought I would ask you guys how you've liked it. 

I use the Heimish as my second cleanse most of the time. I like it. Its a little thinner in texture then the Clinique TTDO but its get the job done really well. I think you'll like it.

@Aaliaa I use it every morning! It has an unusual smell. Iโ€™ll start with that. Lol. My face doesnโ€™t feel overly dry after. It does get very foamy and I feel I only need a pea-sized amount. I switch between this and the CeraVe hydrating cleanser. Both are my absolute morning go-toโ€™s.

My Costco had the Tatcha rice enzyme powder for 38 bucks, so I decided to give it a try and it is definitely the missing step in my routine I didn't know I needed. I went back three days later and got a backup because I'm using this every morning now.

Cleansing, using this, and then doing 7-skins of the Pyunkang Yul right afterward is taking my skin back to where I want it to be ๐ŸŒพ

Which Costco do you go to??

Which Costco do you go to??

@fieldsofclover I used to use Tatcha then tried the SRB Rice Enzyme Cleanser on OhLolly. I love it too! When you run out, give it a try. โค๏ธ

I love the rice enzyme powder. It was my gateway drug into non-physical exfoliators. I do find it a little stripping sometimes though, so I can't use it daily.

Yeah, this would not at all be a daily thing if I weren't layering on the hydration and sealing it all in with a moisturizer afterward. 

@fieldsofclover I recently discovered the rice enzyme powder myself. Love it!!!!

RE: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

Since there are a bit of Pyunkang Yul fans in here, anyone notice the essence toner giving your skin a more textured feeling? Iโ€™m trying to figure out if itโ€™s the toner or the heimish green foam cleanser.

Re: RE: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

@MikeHoncho No, I actually get more texture when I'm not using it as religiously because my pores back up a little more.

RE: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

@MikeHoncho Not at all, although, I am using the Toner Mist. I tend to lean towards oily and felt the essence may be a tad too much. Have you stopped using it completely? Canceling one out for a while should help you pinpoint the Culprit.

I luckily (ha!) had a longer layover in Seoul a little while back and I was very happy to indulge in some skincare shopping at the airport. My options were a little bit limited since I didn't have enough time to actually leave the airport but I fell in love with the banilla co makeup removing balm, the skinfood black sugar scrub (even though I've pretty much always disliked physical exfoliants before this), hada labo hyaluronic acid lotion, pyunkang yul essence toner, and the laneige lip sleeping mask. i also tried a few different sheet masks (even the dr. jart one) but none of them really did much for me but the hada labo and pyunkang yul toners work great for layering and hydrating! 

How lovely to shop right there in Seoul! I'm in total agreement with you; I love my banila co. cleansing balm. Which one did you get? I use the Clean It Zero Purity as my first cleanse. Funny that you mentioned Dr. Jart masks not doing much for you as I recently had the same experience. I would love to try anything Hada Labo tbh ๐Ÿ™‚ Great K-beauty skincare haul, @illucescit ! 

@sojess hi! i just got the original banila co. balm. I hadn't really used a balm cleanser before, I used to use the bioderma water as my first cleanse but there was a 2-pack of the banila co on sale and i love a sale so ahaha. Tbh I have never found a sheet mask that has done that much for me. They moisturize the skin but all the claims for brightening etc have always fallen flat. But yes I'd definitely recommend Hada Labo! I found that the brand is available on Yesstyle for decent prices and free shipping if you were looking! 

A7D22B58-CD13-49C9-9111-1CC826A4EBF7.jpeg

this looks pretty interesting!

1 Reply
Photos36
  • essence pic.jpg
  • Screenshot_20180125-182702.png
  • Pyunkang Yul label
  • D6DE9B85-8F8E-43E2-89D6-5FEEBE5CAC8C.jpeg
  • IMG_20180214_162019-01.jpeg
  • IMG_7696.jpg
  • IMG_7697 (1).jpg