Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

As part of my New Year's resolution, I promised myself I would explore the world of Korean beauty a lot more than I have. I would love this to be a place to discuss and share your experience!

I am currently practicing the "7 Skin Method" every morning. This will help hydrate dry skin as well as balance sebum production is oily skin. I was a grease factory and am now very normal. This method is simply applying a hydrating toner 7 times in a row. You can use a cotton round, but I prefer to apply 5/6 drops to the palm of my hand and press it into my skin. I am currently using:

• Missha First Treatment Essence 2X ($49)
  • Amore Pacific Single Extract Vintage Essence 1X ($145)
  • ElishaCoy Moist Up Hyalurone Ampoule Essence 4X ($10)

Results are immediate! My skin is plump and glowing. Now, I could NEVER give up my Good Genes and Luna, but this will definitely take the place of some very expensive skincare products I use like my Vintner's Daughter. I would love to hear about Korean Beauty products you have discovered. I'm all for spending in the name of great skin! โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

Re: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

@Aaliaa Hehe I'll PM you if need be, but it'll be more like "please share your secret DIY alchemical brews with me" โš—๏ธ๐Ÿ”ฎ๐Ÿ’Ž

@fieldsofclover

I buy empty cotton sheet masks (usually from amazon, Daiso or Muji) and will either drop a mask into the excess essence from a sheet mask packet or will add serum to the sheet mask.

Some of my favorite DIY sheet masks include the Hada Labo one in @MistBerry post, and using The Ordinary. Hyaluronic Acid 5% + B5 in a sheet mask.  Also, Gothamista has a YouTube video on a DIY toner/spritz she makes with aloe, rosewater and glycerin and I've used those ingredients for a DIY sheet mask as well - very hydrating!

Oooh I didn't even think about checking Daiso for those... thanks @itsfi!

@fieldsofclover

I've seen a few different types of these empty sheet masks at Daiso - one comes in a bag with 2 trays - one tray holds about 10 or 12 sheet mask pellets/tablets and the other tray is meant for infusing a pellet with your desired ingredient(s). Another type comes in a bag with individually wrapped mask pellets.  I've also seen a stack of flat sheet masks in a bag as well. Not sure which one(s) your Daiso carries. 

I buy empty sheets, dry them out after I use them then recycle.
I do, however, have a big container of regular ones, because people love gifting me with them. 

But typically, I put Hado Labo hyaluronic lotion on an empty one. Use it, dry it out and recycle. I have a little plastic container with a lid, I put one in there, then put the lotion on it. If there is leftover, I seal the jar up and reuse. Clean it once in a while.

I understand on the waste aspect. It's partly why I went with empty sheets. Also it's more budget friendly.

I really just cant with sheet masks ๐Ÿ˜‘ I like goop not at...

I really just cant with sheet masks ๐Ÿ˜‘ I like goop not attached to cotton on my face

Pyunkang Yul and I are shopping for apartments together. It's true love ๐Ÿ’•

@fieldsofclover@Aaliaa@makeitup305@darlyndar

I love Pyunkang Yul! I've tried a few other items from the brand and they're good, but the essence toner is still my favorite PY product. I also like the ampoule - it is very thick! I use it like a sleeping mask in the evening or as the last step in my skincare routine, like an occlusive to really seal in all the moisture from my other products.

@itsfi I plan on switching exclusively to Korean skincare. It gives me the results I want! 

@darlyndar

Oooh!  All Korean skincare products? That sounds amazing. โค๏ธ  What skincare products do you use? 

I have to be careful with products that are heavily fragranced, but so far, I have had good results with the Asian skincare products, K-beauty skincare in particular, that I have tried. Most, but not all, of my skincare routine is made up of Asian skincare products; I'd say, maybe 80%.  I have several masks, actives and treatments that are non K-beauty that I'll keep in my routine because they perform really well for me and I have not found a comparable Asian skincare product for it. 

I know right!! I'm already looking into what other products from the range I want to try. @fieldsofclover

@fieldsofclover you're definitely getting me on board this train. Where did you order it from?

I grabbed one of the essences off Amazon, but I'll be ordering from OhLolly after this... I want to try more of the line and don't want to keep sweating about ending up with counterfeit product.

@fieldsofclover I ended up getting way too excited and ordering from YESSTYLE before you even had a chance to reply lol. Anybody have experience with them? I also ordered the Secret Key essence and a few other odds and ends that they had on sale.

I do and really happy with everything I have received. They send it the next day but delivery can take some time depending on how long it takes to get through customs. I've specifically ordered my first Pyunkang Yul, hope you LOVE it as much as I do! @makeitup305

@Aaliaa Thanks for letting me know. I don't mind it too much if it takes a bit, Iโ€™ve still got plenty of skincare to get through. I'm really excited to try it now that I've heard all you guys raving about it.

Ohlolly is where I purchased my Pyungkang Yul. I stumbled upon it on Amazon so I thought it would be an easy buy but didnโ€™t realize all the counterfeit stuff on there. Let me know how the other products treat you @fieldsofclover!

@darlyndar I'm going to be responsible and use up other stuff in my stash for a while, but an astragalus-based line is so "me" that I know I'll be getting the rest of it as a permanent thing. Literally the only thing that could get me away from it now is if there were any essence with ashwagandha in it!

Ok @fieldsofclover @Aaliaa @Anonymous @GG84 I have been doing my research and heard that layering lightweight eye creams is a good thing. So, I purchased Whamisa Chai Eye Cream. The reviews are good, the ingredients are better and the price is amazing. Iโ€™m asking for advice and opinions! @fieldsofclover Has me looking at the Korres Black Pine and Iโ€™m ready to get that too. My skincare game is on point....except my eyes. Iโ€™m tired of having high hopes only to be disappointed. K Beauty has been good to me. I reallllllly need something to work! The fine lines are back and I donโ€™t feel like spending to get fillers again, but I will if I donโ€™t find something soon  

D6DE9B85-8F8E-43E2-89D6-5FEEBE5CAC8C.jpeg

Ok, so for anyone interested in eye creams... the Korres black pine has done **measurable** lifting on my upper lid/socket area. Enough to where I, a person with hooded eyes who has always organized my makeup looks around having very little visible lid, am a little thrown off my game by it lol.

It does not seem to be an undereye fine line miracle cream thus far, but I'm not even finished with my little DS tube yet. Ymmv but I am all in on buying the full-size tube, and probably the sleeping oil after I finish up my Ren. Wowza.

subscribing to this BC sometimes I really do believe that...

subscribing to this BC sometimes I really do believe that if I can fill the hollows under my eyes it will fill the hollows in my heart lmao BUT, on a serious note, I (sadly) haven't heard anything groundbreaking from the k-beauty realm regarding eye care ๐Ÿ˜ž Good luck!!
2 Replies
Photos36
  • essence pic.jpg
  • Screenshot_20180125-182702.png
  • Pyunkang Yul label
  • D6DE9B85-8F8E-43E2-89D6-5FEEBE5CAC8C.jpeg
  • IMG_20180214_162019-01.jpeg
  • IMG_7696.jpg
  • IMG_7697 (1).jpg
  • Massage Tool
  • Normal/Combonation
  • Dehydrated Oily