Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

As part of my New Year's resolution, I promised myself I would explore the world of Korean beauty a lot more than I have. I would love this to be a place to discuss and share your experience!

I am currently practicing the "7 Skin Method" every morning. This will help hydrate dry skin as well as balance sebum production is oily skin. I was a grease factory and am now very normal. This method is simply applying a hydrating toner 7 times in a row. You can use a cotton round, but I prefer to apply 5/6 drops to the palm of my hand and press it into my skin. I am currently using:

• Missha First Treatment Essence 2X ($49)
  • Amore Pacific Single Extract Vintage Essence 1X ($145)
  • ElishaCoy Moist Up Hyalurone Ampoule Essence 4X ($10)

Results are immediate! My skin is plump and glowing. Now, I could NEVER give up my Good Genes and Luna, but this will definitely take the place of some very expensive skincare products I use like my Vintner's Daughter. I would love to hear about Korean Beauty products you have discovered. I'm all for spending in the name of great skin! โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

@darlyndar STOPPPPPPP I'm on a no buy. What u buy, I buy....

@darlyndar STOPPPPPPP I'm on a no buy. What u buy, I buy. So u buy nothing in Feb...got it? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Re: @darlyndar STOPPPPPPP I'm on a no buy. What u buy, I buy....

Lol! @GG84! Iโ€™m giving it my all and putting myself on a no-buy for the rest of February. I picked up 2 Butter Bronzers since they have a deep shade now and the new Makeup Revolution concealers since theyโ€™re supposed to be dupes for Shape Tape...and I need to restock. They come Friday. I just need to repurchase my Take The Day Off Balm and Iโ€™m dunzo til March. I hope. I have too much makeup and I want a new mattress. Lol

Re: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

@darlyndar Looking forward to hearing how this goes! The Black Pine is definitely lifting things... jury is still out on whether it's filling anything. But I'm not even finished with the 4mL sample so it definitely has some punch.

@fieldsofclover I randomly put The Ordinary Caffeine Solution in my cart the other day and bought it. It comes today. I need your investigative skills on how it works. Lol. 

@darlyndar Maybe we can do a YouTube video about it ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜‰

Omg @fieldsofclover You would be the Alton Brown of skincare and makeup!!!!! Can we start yesterday????

@darlyndar I'm ready, just waiting for y'all to decide you like my idea ๐Ÿ˜‰

@darlyndar Let me know how you like this. I could use some help in this area as well. Iโ€™m always freaked out about trying new eye creams, though, as Iโ€™ve had some bad reactions in the past.

@darlyndar interesting! my battle with fine lines under my eyes and severely dark under eyes and is never ending so i'll definitely be coming back here to hear your thoughts!

@Kim888 Same for me but add some hollowness that make the dark circles even darker! Thatโ€™s why I get fillers- to fill the hollows, and in turn, it smooths out my lines. The crazy thing about this eye cream is the texture. It has a velvety consistency. Itโ€™s not shiny, it has a matte finish. It actually looks like it fills in lines too. Thereโ€™s zero dimethecone so Iโ€™m intruigued. I didnโ€™t wear makeup yesterday so Iโ€™ll put some on today and see how concealer lays overtop. 

I've heard really good things about the Innisfree Orchid Cream BUT like a lot of Korean eye creams it has added fragrance that can irritate the eye so I've stayed away. I say if the ingredients are good and it isn't too expensive I'd give the Whamisa Chai Eye Cream a try. I still haven't found a great Eye Cream - dark circles and fine lines are hard to fix with a cream. I've used the Hylamide Eye Serum and have been quite happy where I've actually repurchased it, but again no miracles. I recently got the Farmacy Eye cream and the Belif Peat Eye Cream, both are mainly hydrating which can help with fine lines. I'll let you know if they perform miracles! @darlyndar

Please do @Aaliaa! Other than my Luna and Good Genes, I really want to make the switch exclusively to Korean Skincare. Whatever theyโ€™re doing works. Lol. I want that. 

I have some empty mask sheets, meaning they're dry and you put your own product on it. I got them off of YesStyle. 50 of them for about $5. Basically, you make your own sheet mask. 

I put some Hado Labo Gokujyun (hyaluronic lotion) on it and let it soak in for about 20 minutes. It's more of a hydrating toner and then apply the rest of my skincare, which is mostly geared towards rosacea. 

Before that, I cleanse with a gentle cleanser, do the Hado Labo mask to prep the skin, then use my rosacea stuff (Melazapam), eye product then moisturize. I have to keep it simple and not overstimulate my skin or use anything that will trigger redness.

I love using mask sheets, like normal ones in the packets, but my skin reacts badly to some of them. So I decided to make my own with the mask cottons.

I am going to be opening my Hado Labo Gokujyun soon, definitely going to try it with it. I do something similar with my Pyunkang Yul, I add some Ordinary Niacinamide and a few drops of oil to bump up the moisture levels. @MistBerry

You GUYS what is happening to my FACE โœจโœจโœจ๐Ÿ’–

Riiiiiight???? ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ @fieldsofclover!!!!

@fieldsofclover It is glowing and beautiful?

@fieldsofclover It is glowing and beautiful?

Re: @fieldsofclover It is glowing and beautiful?

@GG84 It IS glowy... it's more something else, too, idk. This is apparently a bottle of magical je-ne-sais-quoi.

Can you explain this 7 step thing to me please.  What exactly is your routine morning and night and what products do you use?  Thank you!

darlyndar wrote:

As part of my New Year's resolution, I promised myself I would explore the world of Korean beauty a lot more than I have. I would love this to be a place to discuss and share your experience!

I am currently practicing the "7 Skin Method" every morning. This will help hydrate dry skin as well as balance sebum production is oily skin. I was a grease factory and am now very normal. This method is simply applying a hydrating toner 7 times in a row. You can use a cotton round, but I prefer to apply 5/6 drops to the palm of my hand and press it into my skin. I am currently using:

• Missha First Treatment Essence 2X ($49)
  • Amore Pacific Single Extract Vintage Essence 1X ($145)
  • ElishaCoy Moist Up Hyalurone Ampoule Essence 4X ($10)

Results are immediate! My skin is plump and glowing. Now, I could NEVER give up my Good Genes and Luna, but this will definitely take the place of some very expensive skincare products I use like my Vintner's Daughter. I would love to hear about Korean Beauty products you have discovered. I'm all for spending in the name of great skin! โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

@Tlbyker It can get a little difficult to explain over a post. Things ca be misconstrued. My best advice is to look up Gothamista and 7 skin method on YouTube. She goes into great detail of how the 7 skin method works and itโ€™s benefits. As far as Essences, Pyungkang Yul and ElishaCoy are very inexpensive and amazing! Gothamista also has great affordable options. I hope you check it out and incorporate this routine into your life. Itโ€™s AMAZING!!! โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

Thank you.  I will do that.

1 Reply
Photos36
  • essence pic.jpg
  • Screenshot_20180125-182702.png
  • Pyunkang Yul label
  • D6DE9B85-8F8E-43E2-89D6-5FEEBE5CAC8C.jpeg
  • IMG_20180214_162019-01.jpeg
  • IMG_7696.jpg
  • IMG_7697 (1).jpg
  • Massage Tool