Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

As part of my New Year's resolution, I promised myself I would explore the world of Korean beauty a lot more than I have. I would love this to be a place to discuss and share your experience!

I am currently practicing the "7 Skin Method" every morning. This will help hydrate dry skin as well as balance sebum production is oily skin. I was a grease factory and am now very normal. This method is simply applying a hydrating toner 7 times in a row. You can use a cotton round, but I prefer to apply 5/6 drops to the palm of my hand and press it into my skin. I am currently using:

• Missha First Treatment Essence 2X ($49)
  • Amore Pacific Single Extract Vintage Essence 1X ($145)
  • ElishaCoy Moist Up Hyalurone Ampoule Essence 4X ($10)

Results are immediate! My skin is plump and glowing. Now, I could NEVER give up my Good Genes and Luna, but this will definitely take the place of some very expensive skincare products I use like my Vintner's Daughter. I would love to hear about Korean Beauty products you have discovered. I'm all for spending in the name of great skin! โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: Re: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

@Aaliaa  @darlyndar

That's one of the best things - the "7-skin" method can be 1-skin, 3-skin, 4-skin - it's all about what your skin needs.

May Coop Raw Sauce is another great essence @Aaliaa! I'm bummed that Sephora doesn't carry it anymore, but I have a backup and will pull it out come spring and summer!

Anonymous Insider

Go, go, go @darlyndar!  It's a pretty phenomenal essence/toner. Clean list of ingredients; great price and very hydrating.  Just know that when it ships, it will not come in a box like many essences - it's not a defect or damaged product.  Am excited to hear what your thoughts on it after you've had a chance to test it out.

Awww, thank you. My skin knows good days and bad days. The 7-skin method has really helped to keep it hydrated and healthy.

@Anonymous I purchased it from ohlolly.com. I usually purchase from glow recipe or soko glam but they donโ€™t carry Pyungkang Yul which is unfortunate. What online store do you frequent for K Beauty? 

My skin has been such a pleasure. Lol. Iโ€™ve never had issues with acne, only oil. Now, my skin is normal and the best itโ€™s ever looked. I only wear makeup 3 nights out of the week. Iโ€™m grateful for finding quality products and this forum for guiding me in the right direction! Canโ€™t wait to try it out and give my feedback. I have no doubt it will be amazing. Thank you for your input! 

Anonymous Insider

@darlyndar

ohlolly.com is good; that's where I purchased my PY essence toner.  Last year, the majority of my purchases were from Glow Recipe, Peach & Lily and ohlolly.com for skincare products.  For sheet masks, beauteque.com and masksheets.com have a nice selection and frequently have sales; you can also find some good deals on K-beauty products from hautelook.com and cvs.com.

Re: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

I have been working for the last year to perfect my own east & west beauty routine. Some K-beauty products I love include:

Neogen Green Tea foaming face wash

Son & Park Beauty Water 

CosRx Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence (I know, itโ€™s snail. Itโ€™s also cruelty free and does amazing things for your skin. Itโ€™s been an HG product for me.)

Etude House Moistful Collagen Cream

Neogen BioPeel in Lemon

Missha soft finish sun milk in SPF 50

Almost all of these are now available at Sephora or Ulta now. 

There is a whole K-Beauty community with tons of great ideas, too. Looking forward to hearing more about what you (& all you other lovelies) discover!

Anonymous Insider

This is a great list of K-beauty products, @heylady14.  I love the Neogen Green Tea foam cleanser; it's my go-to water based cleanser. I never would have imagined a foam cleanser would be so great for my dry skin, but this really is quite nice.  I'm almost out and will definitely be repurchasing; I may pick up the Neogen Lemon bio-peel when I do.

RE: Re: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

@heylady14 I see snail mucus everywhere! Are you really noticing a difference? Iโ€™ve been curious for quite some time now.

Snail has been a great ingredient for me- it helps to calm redness and heal acne marks quicker. 

@darlyndar, I just love what it does for my skin. It can be a bit sticky, but it seems to dry up breakouts before they appear, add glow, promote elasticity and all the really good skin stuff Iโ€™ve been trying to make happen. My combo skin practically demands it! I was traveling without it over the holidays and I noticed how much my skin missed it! 

@heylady14  CosRx is CF??

@fieldsofcloverโ€”they are according to this site I check regularly regarding k-beauty CF products and who is/is not selling in China!

link: https://wildwoodandsage.blog/cruelty-free-kbeauty-brands/

iโ€™m always on the lookout for better info-I welcome any sites you check as well!

Thanks @heylady14! I try a lot of things but I try to only buy my full-size or repeats from CF brands, so this is really helpful.

@darlyndar Gothamista!!!!!!!

@darlyndar Gothamista!!!!!!!

RE: @darlyndar Gothamista!!!!!!!

@GG84 Are you jumping on this wagon? I hope so!!! The world of Essence has changed my life. If Iโ€™m correct, youโ€™re dry. This would be so amazing for you! โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ
Anonymous Insider

Re: @darlyndar Gothamista!!!!!!!

@GG84, Gothamista is amazing!  Love the information she provides regarding the products she discusses on her channel.  I could binge watch her skincare videos (and probably have done so more times that I can count). 

@GG84 LOOOOOOVE her!!!!!

I just found her first video of 2018 favorites last night! I'm excited to watch more and learn. 

Shes very real and authentic @Susubee

Shes very real and authentic @Susubee
Anonymous Insider

RE: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

Great idea for a thread @darlyndar!! โค๏ธWill post some of the products I'm currently using tonight!

Re: RE: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

@Anonymous Yay! I'm excited to discover new products! 

2 Replies
Photos36
  • essence pic.jpg
  • Screenshot_20180125-182702.png
  • Pyunkang Yul label
  • D6DE9B85-8F8E-43E2-89D6-5FEEBE5CAC8C.jpeg
  • IMG_20180214_162019-01.jpeg
  • IMG_7696.jpg
  • IMG_7697 (1).jpg
  • Massage Tool
  • Normal/Combonation
  • Dehydrated Oily