Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Is my skin care routine “correct”?

* I have combo skin!

below is my skincare treatments/what I’m using on my face in general and in order:

a.m

moisturizing gel by Skinfix

illuminating hd primer by E.L.F

(**water-based foundation + whatever makeup for the day)

p.m

jelly cleansing makeup remover by Neutrogena

rice cleanser by Tatcha

vitamin c + e serum by Sephora

face mask usually Sephora or Pixi sheet masks

moisturizing gel by Skinfix

firming cream by Tatcha

** I was using the Paula’s choice exfoliator, but with my skin being combination I feel it was a mistake. It caused my skin to dry and peel. Maybe using it less often would help but I feel like I don’t need it- thoughts?

Re: Is my skin care routine “correct”?

@thelyssmarie  Whether your skincare routine's “correct” depends partly on your skincare goals. Overall it looks fine to me, except that you’re missing daytime sunscreen. If you never set foot outdoors or into a vehicle during daylight hours and you don’t sit near a window, then you might not need sunscreen. Otherwise, I recommend adding a broad spectrum sunscreen that’s at least SPF 30. Apply it to all skin exposed to sunlight, regardless of weather or season. (Storm clouds don’t stop all UV rays, and the sun doesn’t take a break in winter.) 

Which Paula’s Choice exfoliant were you using, and how frequently did you use it? You might’ve been using it too often. If your skincare goals don’t involve hyperpigmentation, uneven skin texture, dullness, or—in the case of salicylic acid (BHA)—acne or pore degunking, then you probably don’t need a chemical exfoliant. Especially if you use one of Tatcha’s Rice Polish cleansers. (Not sure which Tatcha cleanser you use; the Rice Wash isn’t exfoliating, but most of Tatcha’s other cleansers are.) 
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing