Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Is Glam Glow Supermud supposed to burn/tingle?

So I put on the GlamGlow SuperMud mask and it's burning/tingling a bit... does anyone know if it's supposed to or should I just not wear it?

Re: Is Glam Glow Supermud supposed to burn/tingle?

Glam Glow Supermud should come with a warning that it burns (chemical) faces. My daughter and niece both have burns on their faces. This product should be banned/avoided. Medical attention was needed.  This product is dangerous. 

@Louisee21 wrote:

So I put on the GlamGlow SuperMud mask and it's burning/tingling a bit... does anyone know if it's supposed to or should I just not wear it?

How long is it going to take ?

15366014774711359898882.jpg

did it go away???? I just did one and have the same problem. I am bright red. help!!! im so scared.

@peppermental81, That's terrible! I'm sorry that happened...

@peppermental81, That's terrible! I'm sorry that happened to you.

Re: @peppermental81, That's terrible! I'm sorry that happened...

Thanks. I just don't understand why it didn't happen the first time I used it. This time it was tingly but not uncomfortable until I washed it off. It was hot and burning. Even brighter red than the pic shows! A red circle all around my face. I had to wear a ton of makeup today to cover it up! Don't use this stuff! 

This is the second time I've used this product. First time was fine. This time I look like I've been burned!!! Never using this again!!!

Same here

image.jpg

GLAMGLOW SUPERMUD� Charcoal Instant Treatment Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 g

Thought I was so cute .Thought I was so cute .

Then boomThen boom

WOULD NOT USE IT AGAIN 😭😭 

RE: Is Glam Glow Supermud supposed to burn/tingle?

Turned me into a tomato. My theory is that skin care should be relaxing, not painful. There are many, many masks that give me great results that don’t burn me like glam glow does.

I had a very bad experience with that mask. I got a sample of it and was really excited to try it out. it started to burn but i ignored it, thought it was supposed to be like that. i think i waited no more than 10 minutes before washing it off as the burning sensation only got worse. i ended up looking like a tomato. my skin was red and itchy. skin was very sensitive and still red for a couple of days. 

Whenever i use this mask i get a really strong tingling feeling.. it's usually so strong I get concerned by it but it only lasts as long as the mask is wet. If the mask dries , the "burning" feeling will subside! It's meant to be a strong mask with a heavy cooling affect to heal troubled skin. If your face felt like it was burning, give it another try 

I literally just put it on and it was burning so I started to look to the internet to see if this was okay and it’s perfectly fine now as it’s dry and the burning has stopped :))

They should say that on the packaging and not alarm people! 

Is Glam Glow Supermud supposed to burn/tingle?

I have sensitive skin and glam glow always burns me. so i don't know if it's a sensitive skin issue or just regular glam glow thing.

A slight tingle is totally normal. It's the chemical exfoliators in it. If it becomes intense, rinse it off.

I had a really bad reaction to it. It burned about 5 mins after application so I took it off and my skin was bright red where the mask was

Re: RE: Is Glam Glow Supermud supposed to burn/tingle?

Same thing happened to me. I put it on and my face started burning to the point where I felt it wasn’t safe. I washed it off and I was bright red where the mask was

Re: RE: Is Glam Glow Supermud supposed to burn/tingle?

That happened to me as well, the tingling got worse and when I took the mask off my face stayed bright red for hours. My skin in normally not sensitive, but I am very fair.

When I use the mask, I compare it to popping a breath mint. It gives me that like cool breath of fresh air hitting my face. I like the sensation. But my face isn’t sensitive. It could be your skin reactingto it. Do you use a scrub before applying the mask? Sometimes scrubs can cause microscopic cuts in the skin which could cause the burning sensation.

My daughters and I used the mask for fun last night. Tingled a little for me. My oldest said it didn’t tingle for her at all. Younger daughter stated it burned. We peeled it off and her face was red everywhere the mask had been! Two of us had no issues but one did. I washed her face thoroughly and put on a nice cream. This morning face was clear and fine. So maybe a small skin test first would be wise.

5 Replies