Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Anonymous Insider

Is Glam Glow Supermud supposed to burn/tingle?

So I put on the GlamGlow SuperMud mask and it's burning/tingling a bit... does anyone know if it's supposed to or should I just not wear it?

RE: Is Glam Glow Supermud supposed to burn/tingle?

When I use the mask, I compare it to popping a breath mint. It gives me that like cool breath of fresh air hitting my face. I like the sensation. But my face isn’t sensitive. It could be your skin reactingto it. Do you use a scrub before applying the mask? Sometimes scrubs can cause microscopic cuts in the skin which could cause the burning sensation.

Re: Is Glam Glow Supermud supposed to burn/tingle?

My daughters and I used the mask for fun last night. Tingled a little for me. My oldest said it didn’t tingle for her at all. Younger daughter stated it burned. We peeled it off and her face was red everywhere the mask had been! Two of us had no issues but one did. I washed her face thoroughly and put on a nice cream. This morning face was clear and fine. So maybe a small skin test first would be wise.

That product can definitely be irritating. It has eucalyptus at the front of it's active ingredients. I've heard many people complain of irritation.

Great thanks for letting me know. I can't stand Eucalyptus anywhere near me. Shall remove from my face immediately and throw the product in the bin. Shame they don't say that on the packaging. And who makes a product that stings people ? I have used many effective masks that don't need to do that. Poor product. poor product research.  

It doesn't tingle or burn for me. I'd be a bit concerned if it did. If your skin is red after you take it off, you may not want to use it anymore as your skin might be having a bad reaction to it. 

Also.. if your face is currently red/raised/tender, put a soothing mask on it (Aloe vera, cucumber, yogurt, etc) to help calm it, and don't wear makeup until it completely subsides.

It lightly tingles on me. But if it's burning, it might be too harsh for your skin. It's best to do a spot test first to ensure your skin doesn't react to it, but since you're already using it, I'd suggest washing it off asap. Mine doesn't do well with the Peter Thomas Roth Moor Mud mask, for example. It burns/tingles, and then my face is red for a while afterwards, meaning it was too intense for my skin. 

90 Replies
testing