Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Getting rid of redness and acne scars

I have rosacea and acne scars/dark spots. is there any products that actually help redness and to fade acne scars?

Re: Getting rid of redness and acne scars

@meeshmarms Hi there! I had rosacea for the last 15+ years and it has been in full remission for 10+ months now. So, I’ll share a bit of my experience with this topic, which may be helpful to you 🙂

What I’ve observed is that I need to treat the problems separately. The most volatile one is the rosacea, so I recommend starting with that. (The good news is that treatment that helps rosacea tends to also help acne a bit at the same time.) Most often, rosacea is a condition of irritation — inside and out. For me, I discovered that it was connected to some dietary irritants (citrus fruits and spicy foods) and external irritants (dry climate and exposure to sun, plus extreme warm and cold temperatures). I did my best to control those circumstances by limiting my exposure to all of them when possible. 

Next, I determined that my skin reacted very poorly to heavier oils and creams that are very popular right now. I also found that my skin reacted poorly to more aggressive treatments involving retinols, lactic acid, peels, exfoliating, etc.  What ended up being my skin saviour was Urban Decay Hot Springs Moisturizing Gel. It’s free of colours and has almost no fragrance. It’s very light but hydrating. I use it almost every night before bed. It began the deep healing process of my very damaged skin, even though it’s not marketed for that purpose. 

Once my skin healed and regenerated enough (a 3-4 month process), I began adding products that helped its overall health and appearance. The following list is what I find the most helpful and reliable for keeping both my rosacea and acne under control:

-Murad Essential-C Gel Cleanser (for acne control) used with Sephora’s Precision Pore Cleansing Pad (great for sensitive skin)

-Algenist Genius White Brightening Moisture Softener (for hyper-pigmentation) 

-Ole Henriksen Balancing Force Oil Control Toner (for overall skin quality)

-Dr Jart’s Premium Beauty Balm (instead of foundation, to provide coverage that also nourishes and hydrates)

-Caudalie Grape Water and First Aid Beauty 5 in 1 Bouncy Mask (to quell skin irritation/pain before it can turn into a rosacea breakout)

-Murad Acne Spot Treatment (to make the occasional pimple disappear in 24 hours or less)

Today, my skin looks completely normal, as though I’ve never had rosacea or acne. For me, the gentlest approach possible was what was needed, and my skin thanks me for finally figuring that out 🙂

I hope this helps. I wish you the best of luck! 

Anonymous Insider

Thank you for your information on rosacea, I've been battling it for a while now.  Can you please tell me where to find the Urban Decay hot springs moisture gel?  I don't see it on sephora's website under urban decay products.

What works great for acne scars and hyperpigmentation is Vitamin C. Benefits of vitamin C skin care include protection from the sun, stronger skin barriers against infection-causing pathogens, and more uniform skin pigmentation. Regular use of vitamin c products can also increase natural production of collagen that is necessary for smooth and supple skin texture. Your skin will glow  with Ultimate Skin Spa- Facial Cleansing System by Vanity Planet!! This product is key to maintain clear skin. For my girls with scars and/or hyperpigmentation, any wash for scrub with Vitamin C would work wonders for your skin. Hope this helps!

meeshmarms wrote:

I have rosacea and acne scars/dark spots. is there any products that actually help redness and to fade acne scars?

Here's a link: http://indi.com/p/977g3/99qxt

I think that dr jarts tiger grass cream is good for redness. I use it in the morning. 

At night I use PTRs retinol and that helps resurface my skin and fade acne marks.

https://m.sephora.com/product/retinol-fusion-pm-P251529?icid2=skugrid

https://m.sephora.com/product/cicapair-tiger-grass-cream-P411539

RE: Getting rid of redness and acne scars

I like origins dr Weil products or Clinique acne solutions
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing