Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Exfoliator for Dry, Sensitive Skin!!

Help please! I have dry sensitive skin, but I also have very large pores that look better when I'm exfoliating regularly, however every exfoliator I've tried makes br break out in pimples!!!!!

RE: Exfoliator for Dry, Sensitive Skin!!

This!!! It's a chemical one so it won't scratch and cause aging and your skin just falls off ... super satisfying ... also it doesn't irritate my eczema on my face!

Anonymous Insider

Re: Exfoliator for Dry, Sensitive Skin!!

Thanks for the information I'll have to try it out.

Tarte's Frxxxtion Stick exfoliating cleanser works wonders for me. My skin is really sensitive and the Frxxtion stick is the only exfoliator that doesn't hurt my skin and actually helps with the dryness too. The trick is to moisturizer right after.

Re: RE: Exfoliator for Dry, Sensitive Skin!!

I just got this in the Tarte Scrub Clean Cleansing Set and I am so hooked. Not an aggressive exfoliator, so there was no irritation at all. I left it on as a mask and then scrubbed it a little with the scrubber (my favorite new thing!) included in the kit and am very happy with the results.

AmandaAnne wrote:
Tarte's Frxxxtion Stick exfoliating cleanser works wonders for me. My skin is really sensitive and the Frxxtion stick is the only exfoliator that doesn't hurt my skin and actually helps with the dryness too. The trick is to moisturizer right after.

Try the Clean-n-Clear acne moisturizer for the pimples and olay regenerist for dry patches on your face. These have always worked for me. Also, putting Bio-Oil on your face before bed helps dryness and scaring, while still being really gentle. 

I swear by Tarte's Frxxxtion stick! I dampen my face and...

I swear by Tarte's Frxxxtion stick! I dampen my face and leave it on for 5-10 minutes. Then I rub in little circles to exfoliate. It's like a mask and exfoliating cleanser. There's also a mini version that comes with their cleanser.

here's a little trick about 2 tablespoon of coconut oil and 1/4 cup of brown sugar!!! Works like a dream!

Re: RE: Exfoliator for Dry, Sensitive Skin!!

I do something like that for my legs and it always makes them feel so good.

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant is fantastic. It's the only thing that works for me. It gets rid of all flaky skin and doesn't break me out or irritate.

I have combo/dry skin that gets irritated when I use anything too "much," for example, clarisonic brushes. Have you tried peels? You can get some at the face shop, they have some very nice peels that are mild on the skin. If you're not into peels, you can try lush's sea salt scrub (that has avocado i think?). Just make sure when you exfoliate to use a gentle hand and not scrub for too long/hard.

I swear by the microdleivery exfoliating face wash by philosophy IMG_0194.JPG

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
Photos3
  • IMG_0194.JPG
testing