Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Exfoliating Products?

My pores are massive. I would like to change my skincare regimen around to see if I can tackle this problem. The closest thing I have to an exfoliating product is First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads with Glycolic + Lactic Acids  please help! Thank you so much!!!!!

Re: Exfoliating Products?

I love the Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta Daily Essentials - Universal 

when I first started using it I did it daily but now that it is more of a maintenance thing I do a treatment usually once a week. Or if I am going somewhere special and want a bit of an extra glow. 

@brittanyanne89 We can't change the size of our pores, but we can change the appearance of the size of our pores.  BHA is good for exfoliating into the pores.  I only rec Paula's Choice; it comes in 1, 2, 4 and 9%.

You can also see if you would benefit from mechanical exfoliation if you feel your pores are clogged.  I just discovered Kiehl's Since 1851 Epidermal Re-Texturizing Micro-Dermabrasion 2.5 oz/ 75 mL .  However, it is on the gritty side so it isn't for everyone.

Also, if you have oily skin then you may also wish to use a clay mask.  My fave is innisfree Pore Clearing Clay Mask 3.38 oz/ 100 mL .  

Good luck!  Let us know how it goes!

Even though it is marketed to men, I love Jack Black's Face Buff Energizing Scrub with Vitamin C & Mint. It doesn't have as many harsh ingredients, the scrub itself is small and doesn't cut into the skin, and the mint gives a refreshing tingle. I have super dry skin, and this seems to help.

Hi, there! I used to have large pores and have minimized them significantly. It only took a few days to notice a huge difference. OLEHENRIKSEN DEWTOPIA 20% Acid Night Treatment and micro-needling with Beauty-bio has really helped my pores minimize. Finally, I use DERMAFLASH pore extractor one time per week after a steamy shower. I exfoliate 2-3 times a week using OLEHENRIKSEN Lemonade.

How is the rest of your skincare routine? Below is the minimum for a healthy face, you can also add eye creams, retinol, spot treatments, etc... depending on your needs.

In the morning: 

Cleanser 

Toner

Serum(s)

Moisturizer

Sunscreen

and then makeup, if you wear it. 

In the evening:

Cleanser (I double wash at night due to makeup use. First with an oil cleanser, then with a foaming anti-aging cleanser)

Toner

Serum(s)

Moisturizer

Retinol (if you use it)

Oh my gosh thank you so much for such a detailed and lengthy response. It really helps. I am willing to try anything and everything at this point. 

my skincare am-

cerave foaming cleanser

either first aid beauty toning pads or neutrogena 2-in-1 rapid clear toner
the ordinary Argireline Solution 10%

the ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG

Caudalie Resveratrol-Lift Instant Firming Serum

innisfree volcanic matte moisturizer

pm-

juno skin cleansing balm

cerave foaming cleanser

either first aid beauty toning pads or neutrogena 2-in-1 rapid clear toner
the ordinary Argireline Solution 10%

the ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG

Caudalie Resveratrol-Lift Instant Firming Serum

innisfree volcanic matte moisturizer

I am also prescribed 0.1 Tretinoin cream and Winlevi which I use, but definitely unsure of when to use it in my regimen.

I have tons of other products that I bought on my skincare journey which I’m not sure what to use/when to use it-

The Ordinary Resveratol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3%
The Ordinary Pycnogenol 5%

Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Cream and Serum

Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream

Glow Recipe Niacinamide Drops 

Thank you again for taking the time to respond. I greatly appreciate it.  

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing