Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Allergic to Neutrogena

I'm allergic to all Neutrogena products and have been since I was a baby. I've been looking for a good makeup remover wipe and it seems the only good ones I've heard of and tried, I'm also allergic to. Does anyone recommend something I could try?

Allergic to Neutrogena

Definitely Recommend The La Roche Posay Effaclar Cleansing Wipes...My skin is quite sensitive & those ones not only remove my makeup without irritating my skin but also unclog my pores. I swear if a new product is causing a reaction on my skin or I get a hormonal acne flare up, I'll use one of these before going to bed and in the morning my skin is cleared up! They don't leave a film behind so they're the only ones I feel comfortable just using on its own without following up with an actual face wash but you can if you want to just keep in mind that will probably remove the skin clearing magic that I experience with them. Side Note: Be careful not to get it IN your eye because it will sting...like it wont irritate the skin around your eyes but it can sting you're actual eyeball if product gets in there. Just an FYI when you're using it to remove eye makeup.

Re: Allergic to Neutrogena

I am anti-makeup remover wipe! Constant rubbing of your face, especially around your eyes, can break blood vessels. Makeup wipes are often too abrasive for your skin, instead, I highly recommend using a gentle cleanser to wash away makeup and grim. My favorite is the Milky Jelly Cleanser by Glossier, but Alba Botanica and Acure also have gentle and inexpensive cleansers.

After giving birth to my daughter, I developed eczema around my mouth. It was horrible, extremely dry skin and makeup made it a bit worse at times. I even went to the dermatologist and I was prescribed steroids. Unbelievably, it didn't work. So in a desperate attempt to find a solution, I tried products from both La Roche-Posay and Vichy. They are amazing! I tried La Roche-Posay first and I was in awe how much it moisturizes. Then, I used Vichy serums (since they hydrate a bit more than creams) and I have to say, they are the best moisturizers for delicate skins. So, in response to your question, I recommend micellar water from either one of these two. Hopefully it will work for you and not cause any reaction. Best of luck!

I'm the same way! I use the Clean & Clear night makeup wipes. Super cheap compared to ones sold at Sephora. I also find that if you wet them and squeeze out the excess it takes off makeup a lot easier and no rubbing. 

Have you tried the Ole Henriksen ones? They're the only ones I've tried that don't irritate my skin. 

@Sarb3ar My absolute favorite are the Korres pomegranate wipes. I love the smell and they didn’t make me break out at all (although your mileage may vary).

The philosophy ones are also pretty good, but philosophy stuff always breaks me out. I’ve also tried some of the Sephora brand ones, which were nice, but Sephora brand stuff seems to get discontinued right when I fall in love with it. I have not tried the most recent version of their wipes.

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing