Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@missjeanie hehe!! Nope just one mask lol 

@lmaster Wow, that looks like a wonderful mask especially from your description. I love "natural" scents too and basil seems super unique. Glad you enjoyed your masking experience and thank you for sharing this beauty with us ๐Ÿ™‚

@QueenMarceline I can honestly say, I'm impressed! Better than your typical filler mask

My face is currently extra sensitive and dry, so I'm not going to try any new masks or anything out of my normal skincare routine, but I have something for both week 1 and week 2 themes! I was going through my stash and found a few SEPHORA COLLECTION Foot Mask Lavender  that I especially love in the winter. I thought I had an almond one for A, but I only have coconut and cactus for C, as well as an old lavender one that I'm using now (first in, first out). These are so soothing and lightly moisturizing. I do like the foot masks that peel a layer of skin off your feet, but sometimes, you just want a nice foot mask without all the dead skin everywhere!

AD0D22B6-2D17-4A1D-B985-97F5BF9C5E06.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@txcatx this is reminding me to get a moisturizing foot mask on asap!!

Love these foot masks, @txcatx

@txcatx  These foot masks are nice - fun to use too! I agree that those peeling foot masks are great, but you just can't do those as often as these ones! Glad you enjoyed them!

A good foot mask is a nice way to unwind @txcatx! I love the exfoliating foot masks too, but I always seem to forget that I used one until I start shedding!! ๐Ÿ˜† 

@txcatx Totally understand not wanting to rock the boat when your skin is feeling a tad rebellious.  Fingers crossed it gets back into gear soon!

@txcatx I love the SC foot masks and hand masks (and some face masks, lol). It's such a shame my favorite kinds keep disappearing off the site ๐Ÿ˜ž

I have a few of these foot masks to use up, I think I'll use one soon ๐Ÿ™‚

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Mask Stash Organization Week

Letters of the Month:  C is for Cosmetic Warrior

Picked up this "oldie but goodie" from LUSH in exchange for some black pots. I used to use this way back way ~10-12 years ago. This mask has been around in their FRESH line for quite some time. Decided to try to re-discover it and keep it on hand. Yesterday morning, before heading out for my event and ~1.5 days of travel this is the mask I decided to put on.

593000E9-010C-4A21-91F5-34FF5535BE87.jpeg

โ€ƒ

My Thoughts:

Spoiler
I really enjoy this mask, the consistency is similar to a slightly less thick clay. It has some "bits" from the fresh ingredients in it but the mask is still smooth enough to be layered on. The smell will probably be off-putting to some people as this includes both tea tree and garlic within it. I think the smell is not the best, but I already knew this about this mask. This is aimed at targeting clogged pores and helping any problematic breakouts. I admittedly only used this on my current "problem areas" such as my left upper cheek, my chin, my right-hand side jaw line and my T-zone. This mask is refrigerated so it was very refreshing an cooling when putting on my face. This mask dries down quite hard so washing it off with require a "soak-off" with a warm, wet towel before wiping it away. I especially felt this working on my jawline area, while wearing it I felt "tingling" in the exact areas of my largest zits there. Oddly enough, I did not feel the tingling anywhere else on my face despite having smaller blemishes there. 

Overall, I enjoy this mask for what it is. My face really likes the gentle, "natural" ingredients within my skincare sometimes. When I have a painful, horrible breakout like I do now I feel like it's really nice to have on hand as an extra "pick-me-up" without feeling like I'm overdoing it on the acids, benzoyl peroxides, etc. since this does not have any harsh ingredients in it. Will definitely use again and love that it's refrigerated. 

@QueenMarceline can never have too many great clay masks!! Sounds fabulous

@QueenMarceline  I've never tried a mask from Lush! I've heard they can be hit or miss as well - but this one sounds like a hit! Glad to hear it helps! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 It smells horrible but it works great!

Oh @QueenMarceline those painful acne bouts can be just so awful.  Nice that you've rediscovered something that helps your skin out.  I always forget about Lush for skincare.  I don't have one near me so don't think to look at their lineup often.  

@missjeanie Ugh I know. It was a reaction from a product I had and the "cluster spots" just continued to get worse and worse for a while. Thank goodness it's significantly subsided now, but oh boy... I've been wrestling with this issue for now ~3.5 weeks, I've never had a breakout continue for even nearly this long. ๐Ÿ‘€Lush skincare (in my opinion) is very hit or miss.

Nice to hear this mask gave your skin what it needed @QueenMarceline! About how long does it take for you to go through these Lush masks? 

@itsfi You know, Fi... that is a terrific question that I'd like the answer to. The pots are quite small (if I'm being honest). I will keep track of how many times I use Cosmetic Warrior before it's all gone. From what I remember, years ago when I used to love using this... I'd frequently repurchase them. However, that was when I was only using LUSH masks and nothing else really. 

A is for AHA and Apple

6E78C527-A309-4F61-8386-3DE8A9D9E33C.jpeg

Spoiler

Jayjun Cosmetic AHA Barrier Mask

Material:

Medium thickness cotton

Serum:

Watery but not drippy. None extra in the package

Scent:

Light, fresh and clean kind of smell

Fit:

A smidge too wide at the temples and a little long at the chin

Wear Time:

Half hour

Tack:

None

Results:

Super soft and smooth skin that looked brighter and felt lightly hydrated.

Repurchase?

If I hadn't bought a 10 pack I would ๐Ÿ˜ƒ This was a great mask with some great results!

8A43A75D-84EA-49BD-8095-CAF28F34E5BB.jpeg

ADD600F9-5CCA-43B9-AB4A-1EA69F369B3C.jpeg

Spoiler

Goodal Apple Infused Water Mild Sheet Mask

Material:

Thin, "100% environmentally friendly organic bamboo sheet mask"

Serum:

Thin-medium consistency jelly

Scent:

Not much of a scent, maybe just a typical sheet mask smell

Fit:

Almost perfect - just a smidge too long at the chin, but really just a smidge

Wear Time:

Half hour

Tack:

None

Results:

Soft and smooth, hydrated, bouncy skin with a nice glow.

Repurchase?

Yes, absolutely! It would've been a nice bonus if it had an apple scent, but the results turned out wonderful!

9B3B2D62-84E8-4603-A88F-0B5DFA9DA018.jpeg 

Those Goodall masks are very nice!! @Shosh85 come on added apple scent!! Give it to us ๐Ÿ˜‚

@lmaster  Haha! Yes! Love a good apple scent! ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ This line seems to be a little inconsistent with scent. ๐Ÿคทโ€

21,385 Replies
testing