Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@lmaster It's super nice ๐Ÿ™‚ i definitely prefer this to the normal scents associated with foot masks like peppermint.

@QueenMarceline, the holiday design and packaging of the SC foot masks are always very cute

@itsfi They really are, loved this holographic version ๐Ÿ™‚

Last night I used this mask. Fit was perfect for me. It was drenched in serum and it made my face feel so soft this morning. I will definitely look for this one again. 

557F1E03-590A-4472-9F6B-9B17B315B088.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Yay for a perfect fit, @ather! I do not trying I have tried the Collagen version from this line, but I will keep it in mind;)

@eshoe  Itโ€™s sooo good!! I think I picked this one up on MOTM!!

Oh, nice find, @ather! Even better that it worked out, then๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐ŸŽ‰

Oh @ather I'm trying to remember if I've tried the Collagen one you've done.  I quite enjoyed the fabric on this line, but now I'm liking the sound of soft skin! l'll need to try this version. 

@missjeanie  Yes. I agree. I like the fabric also! Perfect fit!

Great results!! @ather 

@ather, soft, hydrated skin this time of the year is a great results! ๐Ÿ˜Š Have you tried any of the other sheet masks from Rael?

@itsfi  Sadly I have not. Although if I see any I will definitely pick them up. But I need to get through my current stash before I seek any out!

@ather I'm loving the packaging of that, so pretty and eye-catching. Seems like a very good mask that worked out quite good for you as well ๐Ÿ™‚

@QueenMarceline  Iโ€™m very dry most of the year so it was great for me!!! 

Targeted skin concern: I feel like my skin has been kind of congested, clogged pores, etc. I attribute this most likely to mask wearing at work. 

I feel like I went a little bit overboard, but here's what I did:

-Freeman's Oil Absorbing Mint + Lemon Clay Mask. I actually like this one quite a bit. As long as I put on a thin layer, it dries down but doesn't get too uncomfortable or cracky. It did a nice job getting rid of some of the blemishes and clogged pores on my face.

-I also used the Fresh Food for Skin Purifying in Fig. I didn't really notice a particularly fig-like smell, but it's possible I just didn't pay enough attention. My face felt clean after wearing it, and it seemed to adhere to my skin pretty well. 

-The Look At Me aloe eye patches adhered very well and seemed to smooth the eye area a bit, but the adhesive was almost so strong that it was uncomfortable for such a delicate area (in my opinion). They also didn't seem to be very moisturizing. I probably wouldn't care to use these again. 

-Skinfood Strawberry Food therapy. This provides gentle exfoliation, and my skin feels much smoother. It smells like strawberries and washes off nice and easily without a mess. This is definitely a repurchase for me.

-NOHJ Pore Bubble Mask: It did seem to clean out my pores a bit, but it did get pretty bubbly which always freaks me out a bit. The bubbles started getting my eyes, so I had to take it off a bit early. It seemed fine for a bubble mask if that's your thing, though! ๐Ÿ™‚

**I don't know if it was the combination of everything or what, but my skin does seem a lot smoother and less congested with fewer blemishes, blackheads, etc. I was afraid my face would be raw and dried out, but surprisingly no damage was done! 

1.png2.png3.png4.png

Bubbling sheet masks scare me, @PrettyPaint. They are fun, then funny, then they morph to develop a mind of their own it seems๐Ÿ˜„ Happy to hear your skin took to everything well!

Overboard?  Don't know the meaning of the word! lol.  @PrettyPaint  sounds like your skincare wether overboard or not worked, and that's what counts!  

You're so funny with your bubble masks!! Glad everything worked out well for your skin ๐Ÿ™‚ @PrettyPaint 

@PrettyPaint, good  to know the bubble mask gave you nice results but ack! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ You described my biggest concern about bubble masks - getting the solution into the eyes. 

Love that Skinfood strawberry scrub! โ™ฅ๏ธ It smells delicious and does a lovely job of exfoliating and leaving skin soft. ๐Ÿ“ 

@PrettyPaint  I agree with you with the bubble masks. I like them but they overwhelm me if it gets too intense so I usually end up taking it off early. But I do quite enjoy them!! Sounds like these have fixed your pores up. I like the clay masks to unclog my pores but I canโ€™t use them this time of year since they are so drying and my skin is usually too dry as it is. 

Targeted skin concern: Moisturizing

IMG_20220225_194513349.jpg

โ€ƒ

IMG_20220225_215044135.jpg

• @eshoe I'm pretty sure you gifted this super cute beauty to me ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜˜
  • You take the cute spoon and mix it all up, lol like deviled eggs ๐Ÿคฃ
  • It's an overnight mask, so I applied it, and left it on until the morning
  • I did feel it tightening a bit
  • After I rinsed it off the next morning, my skin felt so very balanced and soft.
  • I can't say the moisturizing effects were noticed at all
  • With that being said, I still enjoyed the final benefits and would absolutely use this one again
1 Reply
testing